• New clutter (grass, small plants)
  • New surface textures - plains and such
  • Improved wind behavior
  • New shader for the wind, affecting trees and grass
  • Tweaked and changed lighting for the world
  • Small improvements to satellite textures
  • Rain affected by wind and refinement of its behavior in general
  • Many reworked locations on Chernarus
  • Reworked ghillie (to be consistent with new tech)
  • Small bugfixes to some issues from 0.61

What is missing in the first 0.62 update :

• New surface textures - roads

• DayZ is #LIFE

Many thanks for these info :)

For the people who are confused like me by the original post and quotes, Baty made typo.

The first list is what is coming in 0.62 and the last point is what actually is missing in the first update.

• Like 4

looks good, the game already looks pretty nice, those visual replacements make it even more beautiful... In my opinion the majority of buildings need some love as well! ;) Hope you gonna address that in some time as well... 

Edited by lxG4m1ng

1 hour ago, icrush said:

Baty Alquawen, Are we going to see a change in the FPS? What does these new graphic textures and overhaul means to the performance of the game?

Guess not on their PC's with that amount of players on their servers. For sure we'll figure out on Exp.branch!

P.s.:I know i'm not Baty but I asked myself the same question and that was my answer!

22 minutes ago, lxG4m1ng said:

looks good, the game already looks pretty nice, those visual replacements make it even more beautiful... In my opinion the majority of buildings need some love as well! ;) Hope you gonna address that in some time as well... 

You checked out trello yet? They have WIP renders of building ageing and ivy.

• Like 2

I'm curious about the fps change also (if any). Most people should do fine I think with average PCs.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

For the people who are confused like me by the original post and quotes, Baty made typo.

The first list is what is coming in 0.62 and the last point is what actually is missing in the first update.

Thanks, I was confused about but too shy to ask :p

2 hours ago, icrush said:

Baty Alquawen, Are we going to see a change in the FPS? What does these new graphic textures and overhaul means to the performance of the game?

Feedback on client performance will be one of our focus areas during Experimental testing, but our benchmarks are optimistic.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Oh, thank you :)

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Feedback on client performance will be one of our focus areas during Experimental testing, but our benchmarks are optimistic.

Oh, thank you :)

Good to hear.   

On 22.5.2017 at 5:18 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Why put labels on people? Maybe you shouldn't consider anybody a fanboy?

You've said some terribly misinformed and ill conceived things about DayZ since joining here but you are head and shoulders above these sob mob jokers. Your dream of DayZ as the brutal scarcity survival game conflicted with the states of development and your misinterpretation of dev direction, so the clash of ideas frustrated you.

But your ideas about what is and should be DayZ has changed in this time, right? You understand now that maybe you won't prefer vanilla and will have a mod you'll play instead, right?

You've taken time to learn more about the project and realize that modding may offer you your ideal experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*********Super important.

Very very few people have followed this project straight through from the beginning.

The vast majority of people I play with that had 1,000's of hours before I met them played DayZ in a vacuum, fantasizing about the game they think they will have while being mostly ignorant of the process and direction.

It is shocking how people can profess their passion for something and dedicate so much time, yet be so wholly and deeply ignorant of the end goal and what that will resemble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I GET TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO.

^This is as much my place in real life as it is in DayZ dev/game.

As for misinformed and ill conceived, we shall see. I still doubt that modding will really benefit the community at the end of the day, since I am afraid it will just split whatever still remains of the community. I do have my own ideas about what survival games and other people have different opinions, that's alright. I don't feel the need to applaud the devs on every fart just because, but I can appreciate things like a good information policy nonetheless. But I agree with some things having frustrated me and thus I might sometimes have gone over the top when posting (and maybe still do so, that's for others to decide, I don't claim to be the grail of wisdom).

Fanboy is not a nice term, I agree, but with some right you or others might have called me (insert different terms for negative person here), since a lot of what I posted constituted ciritism one way or another. Fanboy would then basically be the straigt opposite (basically they are the people often calling criticism trolling). There are also people who are basically posting "fascinating work devs" after every letter a dev is typing, no matter the content. There is surprisingly few people doing both actually, like having a middle ground. I guess the game and / or the community is polarising ;) 

Okay, that was very off topic and I shall leave it be at that. :)

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 3

Greetings comrads, I'm into Dayz since the first alpha-mod hours and bought the standalone when it hits early access <3

Me and my friends had a lot of exiting gameplay moments, good and bad ones ^^ far to often disappointed ones due to bugs and things but keep playing it on and on, i have spend way over thousand of hours ingame and I'm still in love with Dayz. Many ups and downs like in a marriage.. so I see my self as a Dayz veteran and things got boring over time, I know!?

Sorry for the long introduction ^^ but wanna make things clear before starting ...

1st hail to the Dayz development team keep up the good work, good things need time ♡ I think you still have the one and an other ace in the sleeve to surprise the community and get the pissed one back, for sure XD

2nd greetings to Septic Falcon, Who always keeps us up to date with news to upcoming updates and  their content, u are making a good job, keep it UP!!! You have become an important pillar of the dayz community, for me and I think a lot of people agree with me when I say for them too ^^

Last but none least..

3nd to all Hardcore flamer, hater against Dayz ... keep calm, grab a cup of tea, lean back... dayz is not finished jet, so what's the point??? Why are u here anyway ??!To spread your negative opinion, which NO ONE interests, cause everyone has the right to his own opinion ... or get their own!

even u haters XD 

So, now to my question ...

I have read that there are new environment/ ambient sounds in the pipeline to come!  When could we expect this new audiophile enjoyment? 

I hoped on the 0.62 update but it isn't on the in and not in list 

With kind regards to the community 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

This is in the first 0.62 update:

• New tree models
  • Denser forests
  • Improved wind behavior

• DayZ is #LIFE

Many thanks for this awesome info Baty! really really appriciated

• Like 1

Mannnn, I am hoping for awesome news tomorrow! I'm ready to get my binge-gaming on! 

• Like 5

Afternoon Survivors,

we have an update for you. While we've had success with fixing the door state representation issues (as well as pushing several smaller unlisted fixes), we're now fighting with a last blocker that appeared and that's preventing us from releasing 0.62 on Experimental Branch: clients getting kicked from the server due to addon signature verification. 

Our QA department is busy testing possible solutions to that issue, but it seems to be caused by one of our legacy system, which can make this blocker a tough one. 

The issue can severely affect your ability to play the 0.62 update - mainly by forcing you to repeatedly try connecting to a server, prolonging the wait in the server queue as a result (the amount of Experimental servers is limited due to our need for a focused testing environment).

This ultimately limits your ability to provide us with feedback or bug reports on the things that actually matter for the 0.62 Experimental update, and so we consider this issue a blocker for Experimental.

We have a couple of ideas how to approach this issue, but we likely won't know more until Wednesday afternoon as this will require extensive testing by QA. 

Thanks for understanding, we know the wait is painful, but this is really important - we want this Experimental to be playable, so that you can focus on exploring Chernarus.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/1291816880502605251/?ctp=2

not sure if this was already mentioned.  if so, please delete

- What many would love to see including myself is an improved armor value system on items similar to player Unknown`s battlegrounds with item duration, weapon sway overhaul, breathing mechanic sounds let it go - kind of tired of it. Melee damage system overhaul, weapon damage overhaul related to clothing and helmets. Sporter & Trumpet sound changes it should be lower sounds. Breahing sound mechanic kind of counter the whole idea with ghillie suits - I heard him breathing miles away even before I spotted him with a full ghillie suit last week. 

- Pistol silencer should be a lower sound too. And that 1 bullet can ruin your whole back pack need to go in beta and be better balance. I`m also looking forward to base building which is exciting, Helis as new vechile, and finally improved dynamic crash sites so u can actually see helis for a while until they crash land! We need better FPS too, especially if they have plans to release it on x-box or ps4, but that is not that important compare to other features I mentioned above! And with a medium to high end pc u should have a good fps now in Dayz SA - at least outside the major cities. About improved dynamic events like crash sites I don`t mind if zombies are guarding it - I think it`s necessary so it get more of a challenge. And it might be easier to spot other players or hear them nearby which is exciting since we have dense forests now in 0.62, and it might be harder to spot other players! :)

- Finally, I still beleive the Dayz SA experience is best with 75/75 servers or even higher numbers on this map to get decent amount of action! 

Edited by Nebulae3

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

Okay, that was very off topic and I shall leave it be at that. :)

Good post, and not off topic IMO.

I always appreciated your thoughtful posts, even when I didn't fully agree.

Fracturing of the community is something I've been wary of too but I am hopeful that the exponential influx of players to follow 1.0 will fill most popular game versions of the game to our liking.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Good post, and not off topic IMO.

I always appreciated your thoughtful posts, even when I didn't fully agree.

Damn, Guys...Stop it with the Bro-fists! You an Noc have provided some top-tier flame-fests for us to follow in the past! Don't start the grab-assing now...just when it's time the community ramps up again with a major build!

Your passion shows in your posts...Glad you guys are here, making a difference, and adding some perspective to this journey.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

This is in the first 0.62 update:

• New tree models
  • Denser forests
  • Improved wind behavior

• DayZ is #LIFE

Wait am I correct in saying there will not be any audio changes to the first .62 update? I swear i read that there is but i don't see it on that list?

Pls say no pls say no pls say no pls say no

• Like 1

looking forward to checking this out when it hits exp indeed!

Hello, one question, here Baty says it : https://forums.dayz.com/topic/236775-status-of-062-on-experimental-branch/?page=7#comment-2373068 … but, she forgot the audio update or it will not be included?

@JS_Yoru I think they said that this is "audio-visual update" so it should contain some sound fixes and new ones. I dont really know why there is no point about audio in list of changes. My friend told me, that they applied new sound engine in 0.61, and now they will fill it with sounds and fixes. I guess we'll have to wait for some news about this.

I'm kind of hyped right now with the 0.62 exp, I check every 30 min the twitter for any news but I have that feeling like last week when they announced that issue with the doors and they don't want to push it on weekend on exp stage and Monday thay said that is another issue and delayed it again and we will get news on Wednesday and I'm affraid that today we will get same announcement like last week, with a new issue or that the current one is not done and they don't want to push this week the update on exp and we will have to wait for the news next week..  :(

• Like 2

They mentioned multiple times that 0.62 will be only an audio and visual update. As far as I know they indeed are going to include some new environmental sounds next to the visual overhaul.

By the way, Steam was trolling me. Saw 1 of 1 items completed, it wasn't DayZ. :(

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, IMT said:

They mentioned multiple times that 0.62 will be only an audio and visual update. As far as I know they indeed are going to include some new environmental sounds next to the visual overhaul.

By the way, Steam was trolling me. Saw 1 of 1 items completed, it wasn't DayZ. :(

It could be a small audio update that supports the new features in .62, like the sounds of leaves rustling in the wind, or the wind itself making new sounds?

Whatever it is my body is ready :D.