Baty Alquawen

Status of 0.62 on Experimental Branch

27 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

Hahaha. I logged back and I had now my SVD missing and instead my Scorpion was on my back. I have two times 2x4 times space in inventory, so I shouldn't have accidentally put my Scorpion on back and dropped my SVD. This "double carry" system is just bad design and I can't figure out how "creative director" Hicks hasn't been able to come up with a better solution during all of these years. Maybe they put engine first and then start trying to make it usable. Just plain lolz.

Keep up good work and stay positive!!

Pretty sure that its working the way its supposed to, may be find a new game to play.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

Pretty sure that its working the way its supposed to, may be find a new game to play.

If the goal is bad usability and to annoy people. Then yes.

Best game ever! Must have been since the release. "First we make engine, then we make the game" - Leonard Cohen

3 hours ago, clipartcat said:

Best game ever! Must have been since the release. "First we make engine, then we make the game" - Leonard Cohen

Without an engine, there is no game. They had to update the engine in order to do the many things they have planned because it wouldn't have been possible with the previous engine. You do realize that if they went and fixed ALL the bugs and then added more stuff, that it would create even more BUGS! So instead of fixing all the bugs which would make the game take even longer and have people like you bitching and moaning like little girls, they instead chose to work on adding most of the features instead of fixing every bug because as everyone should know by now, if they fixed bugs and then added new stuff later there would be new bugs to fix and the process would repeat until the game was released. If you think it's easy to create a game of this magnitude then feel free to make one and see what it's like when it doesn't live up to misconstrued expectations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clipartcat said:

I can tell you are just bad at the game, I have 2k hours and i still love it you know why because I know how to stay alive i know where to look for food i know how to double carry, I know how to play the game and i know how to avoid bugs, and its still by far in its current state better than any game. Learn how to play it and enjoy it

Edited by Jscaff

hope its coming today, I have been waiting all weekend for this ;), and for all complaining bastards shut up. Love the game even thought its a bit broken. It looks so beautiful compered to miscreated and others in same genre. For not to say 7 days to die or minecraft 2.0 like I like to call it. Go den team love your game

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bard Wangen said:

hope its coming today, I have been waiting all weekend for this ;)

Had a look at DayZspy. They are busily testing 2 different .62 versions. Also no experimental servers are online as i see! So: Be prepaired!

I hope i get lost again in the new landscape like in the first days like: where the fuck i am here stranded?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jscaff said:

I can tell you are just bad at the game, I have 2k hours and i still love it you know why because I know how to stay alive i know where to look for food i know how to double carry, I know how to play the game and i know how to avoid bugs, and its still by far in its current state better than any game. Learn how to play it and enjoy it

Yes being good in this game includes knowing the bus is unable to drive in the roads, where there is bus stops. I think that "I know how to avoid bugs" pretty much sums it.

10 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Without an engine, there is no game. They had to update the engine in order to do the many things they have planned because it wouldn't have been possible with the previous engine. You do realize that if they went and fixed ALL the bugs and then added more stuff, that it would create even more BUGS! So instead of fixing all the bugs which would make the game take even longer and have people like you bitching and moaning like little girls, they instead chose to work on adding most of the features instead of fixing every bug because as everyone should know by now, if they fixed bugs and then added new stuff later there would be new bugs to fix and the process would repeat until the game was released. If you think it's easy to create a game of this magnitude then feel free to make one and see what it's like when it doesn't live up to misconstrued expectations.

Too bad they didn't figure out to work with the engine first then?

1 minute ago, clipartcat said:

Yes being good in this game includes knowing the bus is unable to drive in the roads, where there is bus stops. I think that "I know how to avoid bugs" pretty much sums it.

Well you don't seem to enjoy it complaining about bugs, it does pretty much sum my message i hope it got through your head

On 19.5.2017 at 10:34 PM, PongoZ said:

Why do only people with few posts seem to flame the devs positions. Because generations of others have just given up and left this forum to the fan bois. 

That's the first time I get called a fanboy. Usually I get flamed from the guys I consider fanboys. Oh times are changing ... 

• Like 3

Afternoon Survivors,

we have an update for you. While we've had success with fixing the door state representation issues (as well as pushing several smaller unlisted fixes), we're now fighting with a last blocker that appeared and that's preventing us from releasing 0.62 on Experimental Branch: clients getting kicked from the server due to addon signature verification. 

Our QA department is busy testing possible solutions to that issue, but it seems to be caused by one of our legacy system, which can make this blocker a tough one. 

The issue can severely affect your ability to play the 0.62 update - mainly by forcing you to repeatedly try connecting to a server, prolonging the wait in the server queue as a result (the amount of Experimental servers is limited due to our need for a focused testing environment).

This ultimately limits your ability to provide us with feedback or bug reports on the things that actually matter for the 0.62 Experimental update, and so we consider this issue a blocker for Experimental.

We have a couple of ideas how to approach this issue, but we likely won't know more until Wednesday afternoon as this will require extensive testing by QA. 

Thanks for understanding, we know the wait is painful, but this is really important - we want this Experimental to be playable, so that you can focus on exploring Chernarus.

• Like 26

7 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Afternoon Survivors,

we have an update for you. While we've had success with fixing the door state representation issues (as well as pushing several smaller unlisted fixes), we're now fighting with a last blocker that appeared and that's preventing us from releasing 0.62 on Experimental Branch: clients getting kicked from the server due to addon signature verification. 

Our QA department is busy testing possible solutions to that issue, but it seems to be caused by one of our legacy system, which can make this blocker a tough one. 

The issue can severely affect your ability to play the 0.62 update - mainly by forcing you to repeatedly try connecting to a server, prolonging the wait in the server queue as a result (the amount of Experimental servers is limited due to our need for a focused testing environment).

This ultimately limits your ability to provide us with feedback or bug reports on the things that actually matter for the 0.62 Experimental update, and so we consider this issue a blocker for Experimental.

We have a couple of ideas how to approach this issue, but we likely won't know more until Wednesday afternoon as this will require extensive testing by QA. 

Thanks for understanding, we know the wait is painful, but this is really important - we want this Experimental to be playable, so that you can focus on exploring Chernarus.

So Wednesday at the earliest for the experimental branch is what I'm understanding?

5 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Afternoon Survivors,

Thanks for the update Baty #TrueGentess 

1 minute ago, FadezGaming said:

So Wednesday at the earliest for the experimental branch is what I'm understanding?

As far as I can understand there is a small chance that there might be more information before wednesday but it's more likely that we will get more information wednesday.

• Like 2

Very much looking forward to the update. I wouldn't get hopes up for Wednesday, hopefully we will see it by the weekend!

@Baty Alquawen Close the 0.61 experimental topic - test servers are offline and they are probably done with 0.61 exp. :)

The most glaring issues on experimental in the past is usually posted here public though on this forum. 

Great news though and thanks for the update - not many days now guys, chill out and play some stable in the meanwhile! ;)

Edited by Nebulae3

With Thursday and Friday off work this week it sounds pretty good to me :)

• Like 2

Any day this week, I'm feeling <3 

• Like 1

The update will drop while I'm out of town for a couple days this week.

The devs are watching me and purposefully messing with ME, I know it, it's always the way!! D:

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Noctoras said:

Usually I get flamed from the guys I consider fanboys.

Why put labels on people? Maybe you shouldn't consider anybody a fanboy?

You've said some terribly misinformed and ill conceived things about DayZ since joining here but you are head and shoulders above these sob mob jokers. Your dream of DayZ as the brutal scarcity survival game conflicted with the states of development and your misinterpretation of dev direction, so the clash of ideas frustrated you.

But your ideas about what is and should be DayZ has changed in this time, right? You understand now that maybe you won't prefer vanilla and will have a mod you'll play instead, right?

You've taken time to learn more about the project and realize that modding may offer you your ideal experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*********Super important.

Very very few people have followed this project straight through from the beginning.

The vast majority of people I play with that had 1,000's of hours before I met them played DayZ in a vacuum, fantasizing about the game they think they will have while being mostly ignorant of the process and direction.

It is shocking how people can profess their passion for something and dedicate so much time, yet be so wholly and deeply ignorant of the end goal and what that will resemble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I GET TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO.

^This is as much my place in real life as it is in DayZ dev/game.

• Like 4

Thanks for the info!

• Like 3