Baty Alquawen

Status of 0.62 on Experimental Branch

14 minutes ago, Essonimex said:

Will this experimental patch also feature the new player controller and animations? That is the only patch that matters.

The developers have said no to what you have asked, this patch is just the map trees and grass and terrain.

I miss the friday builds. More time for testing during the weekend. I didn't mind if we needed to wait fix for monday.

My expectations for DayZ are zero. I tried to play after a break. Went inside car, which was parked on over railway, turned the engine on and the car flipped 180 degrees and started to burn. Then I realized I no longer possessed my M4 which was on my back while I entered into the car. DayZ continues to impress me in ways you can lose your gun.

Now it's 4th year of making engine and still same bugs in form or another. Well it does not matter as the servers seem to be pretty much empty. I guess people have already voted.. :/

Miracles need to happen, if DayZ is gonna lure players back. I think it is empty words that Hicks tells how they are gonna put game once the engine is finished. There is a lot of stuff that could have been tried to find out what balances and makes the game. Now you can't even try those when engine is finished maybe in the 5th year of the development as there is basically very few playing by then.

21 hours ago, ThatsMyBike said:

Why the fuck would you tell us this? Now everyone (including me) is pissed off that you didn't push it to exp. We wanna fuckin play it.

I think you only speak for yourself when you claim everyone is pissed off that they didn't push it to experimental. Whoever pissed in your wheaties, you may want to tell them to stop!

• Like 1

We have flying cars and zombies pushing you through walls on stable... This door problem on experimental would be catastrophe. I understand, take your time, no rush, we can wait ;)

the%20perfect%20man%20006.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

Now it's 4th year of making engine and still same bugs in form or another.

Correct, This must be so because it is still the old engine, they are working on the new engine we have never seen before.
Nobody renovated his old house when he built a new one.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chuuckles said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCDZ0zHrOp9U3yPw3DZh-

Grab some snacks while waiting, you could use a few extra pounds ;)

• Like 4

Now if only battle eye would fix the massive amount of hackers so we could enjoy the game more or maybe we could give public servers the permission to ban. After this was taken away from all providers it has made hacking common place to the point of it being unappealing especially for groups like the one I am a part of that do not hack or dupe etc. If a group like this gets targeted there is nothing that can be done except sit on admin and keep kicking which according to the rules can make you lose your server rights. I love the changes and progression but really can we fix some of the existing nonsense like this that would be fairly easy to fix and give people a lot more enjoyable play and probably a lot more positive comments about the game on forums etc?

• Like 1

Mann I'm hoping too hear new zombie sounds in 62. Thats all i fantasize about.. anything but the crappy demon snarls we have been hearing for 5 years now  :D

1 hour ago, Chuuckles said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCDZ0zHrOp9U3yPw3DZh-

Heard a rumor that Tool will be making soundtrack to DayZ. That's why the delay. Rewriting engine for multiple times is just a smokescreen.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Really appreciate all the hard work from the devteam and keeping us informed as to delays and why. I know there's a lot of folks complaining on here, but they don't represent the majority. .62 is right around the corner. Can't wait for it to drop the way you guys intended for it to be experienced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dyabolikalpvp said:

Now if only battle eye would fix the massive amount of hackers so we could enjoy the game more or maybe we could give public servers the permission to ban. After this was taken away from all providers it has made hacking common place to the point of it being unappealing especially for groups like the one I am a part of that do not hack or dupe etc. If a group like this gets targeted there is nothing that can be done except sit on admin and keep kicking which according to the rules can make you lose your server rights. I love the changes and progression but really can we fix some of the existing nonsense like this that would be fairly easy to fix and give people a lot more enjoyable play and probably a lot more positive comments about the game on forums etc?

Welcome to the forum.

Why do only people with few posts seem to flame the devs positions. Because generations of others have just given up and left this forum to the fan bois. 

You can be certain, the devs have combined rabid over promising early on with intense under delivering later on to be a very frustrating development process to try to support. 

Myself, I just take the game as it is on a given day and enjoy it. As kind of silly as the official story from the devs is, the game is very fun for me in this state. Been a while since a big change now but I got my 30 bucks out of this puppy many times over.

But I cant log into dev right now. So grrrrrrr. Bad devs. 

13 hours ago, clipartcat said:

Heard a rumor that Tool will be making soundtrack to DayZ. That's why the delay. Rewriting engine for multiple times is just a smokescreen.

so...another 6 months?

(here comes another dooshbag with only 13 posts)

I converted to PC gaming for this game.  It was the first game I played on my pc, which at the time was a Asus P5WDH Deluxe a Core 2 E6750 and a EVGA GTX 285.

I have racked up over 1200 hours.

There have been some frustrating times but also some really fun and hilarious moments. 

The game sucks at present and the player base is far below what it was.

BUT, I love this game, have defo had my moneys worth and am eagerly waiting the next update.

As annoying as it is, good things come to those who wait.

Cheers devs for the info and some of you "regulars" need a chill pill, just because someone has very little posts does not mean they dont follow the progress of the game, many times I have went to comment or file a bug to see its already been done.

See you in Cherno :)

Edited by donkennedy01
  • Like 6

Patience is a virtue often difficult to find among people of all ages but especially the "young".

I am from a generation that is accustomed to little to no news and massive delays from the game dev world. So for this reason I may have more patience for the process.

DayZ was a pioneer that helped launch the continuing EA boom and the online mmo survival/survival horror genre boom and has had an eye on being the gold standard for survival sim from the moment the ideas popularity became apparent.

Countless clones and coat tail riders spat out 100's of titles on existing engines to fill a new need in the market inspired by DayZ.

As technology and resources became available the scope of the project has changed to open up more and more possibilities for vanilla and modding.

Some promising ideas were scrapped along the way while other (mostly) bigger changes and ideas were brought forward.

Still at the core is immersion and oppression; value the character that is under constant assault from many angles.

The idea of the gold standard on all levels still pervades as we are seeing the visual updates and audio engines receiving a lot of attention and sound very promising.

If you have been playing for 1,000's of hours (see also, "got your moneys worth many times over") with broken placeholder parts, and cannot conceptualize the changes to come, and only whine and cry, yet never have offered any bug reports or feedback, why are you really here?

Is it anger?

Is it ignorance?

Is it impatience?

Trolling "fan bois"?

Meanwhile, I'm patient, rational, and well informed.

When I see a good reason to call foul, I do so.

In my comprehensive experience, I have had maybe 3 or so major grievances with dev decisions, none of which were deal breakers for me.

• Like 5

I waited ten years for the last guardian. Im not in any rush. If its what they promised its worth the wait.

• Like 2

Hahaha. I logged back and I had now my SVD missing and instead my Scorpion was on my back. I have two times 2x4 times space in inventory, so I shouldn't have accidentally put my Scorpion on back and dropped my SVD. This "double carry" system is just bad design and I can't figure out how "creative director" Hicks hasn't been able to come up with a better solution during all of these years. Maybe they put engine first and then start trying to make it usable. Just plain lolz.

Keep up good work and stay positive!!

• Like 1