Baty Alquawen

Status of 0.62 on Experimental Branch

1 hour ago, nl said:

Sigh, and now we have a @waffen (also with very few posts) diluting the thread even more...

I'm out, already sorry for even having responded at all except for saying thanks to the devs for being open and honest and sharing information. Cheers!

Sorry to bother you with my post, I'm a client of these guys since 2001 (Operation Flashpoint) have all their products up to Arm3 except the DLCs

Some of you guys need to stop being such fanbois and start to ask the important questions and features the players would like in order to have a healthy community

Thank you for the information Baty! I appreciate that a lot! Now we know what's going on and it's not like browsing steam db for eventually experimental changes. Thank you very very much! That's how dev-community communication should be.

But I have to say that I had a bug like this several times before. Visual closed door client sided - but door was open server sided... but this door bug seems to be much more nasty. So I can understand but my heart want to play .62 :D

Edit: ...and because of this shitstorm. Please don't take a step back and don't tell us what's going on!

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, waffen said:

Sorry to bother you with my post, I'm a client of these guys since 2001 (Operation Flashpoint) have all their products up to Arm3 except the DLCs

Some of you guys need to stop being such fanbois and start to ask the important questions and features the players would like in order to have a healthy community

It's indeed definitely what we need right now, items... that is going to fix the game. Damn it, why didn't we think of that? You sir are a fucking genius!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

It's indeed definitely what we need right now, items... that is going to fix the game. Damn it, why didn't we think of that? You sir are a fucking genius!

Yeah and the new shaders and tree textures were critical for the survival mechanics

Nobody should be telling anyone to fuck off, just disagreeing with anothers opinion is more than fair. Conducting games of insult tennis are pathetic, far worse than any criticism. 

Thanks for the info and for the disappointment. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, angeleda said:

And i didnt critisize the game... that's a different discussion.... i critisized the P.R decision to go with the "look guys, we tried but failed... oh well, see u in a week" type of posts

But the most annoying PR is to say nothing! And wait... this was the most common and most criticized behaviour of PR in DayZ development. Now they are talking clearly what's up and everybody gets mad... awesome community!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, angeleda said:

And i didnt critisize the game... that's a different discussion.... i critisized the P.R decision to go with the "look guys, we tried but failed... oh well, see u in a week" type of posts

before they didn't drop a word at all. Basically it was NON communication. Now they're telling us things as they are - I ABSOLUTELY love that. 

If your breaks are disfunctional, would you rather someone put a notice on your car telling you that or would you prefer just not to know and see what happens? Bad news are better than non news, almost all of the time. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, waffen said:

You BI guys like money right?

You need to get the people that ALREADY bought the game back playing.

so they can buy more copies to their friends or promote the game.

Please Release the Weapons and Items current players would like to have:

1.Ballistic Googles
2.M249 SAW
3.PKM
4.CR550
5.H&K G3
6.Night Vision Googles
7.Female Shorts

work immediately in:

leg gun holster [...]

Hm, is that post comedy or for real??

If it is in fact comedy, it is good!! 

If not you should know that this game has a lot of issues and a lot of content yet to be desired. And more guns are NOT what this game needs in its current state ... 

Yeah and the new shaders and tree textures were critical for the survival mechanics

okay ... not comedy. too bad. But yeah, it makes a lot of difference in gameplay, if you are killed by an M4 or an AK74 ... or ... well, I rest my case. Some people...

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, angeleda said:

I didnt get challenged on my opinion, thats more than welcome... it is more like "we dont need your opinion... You're not a regular here" type of thing...

Those giving you that kind of response I suggest you just ignore.

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

Hm, is that post comedy or for real??

If it is in fact comedy, it is good!! 

If not you should know that this game has a lot of issues and a lot of content yet to be desired. And more guns are NOT what this game needs in its current state ... 

okay ... not comedy. too bad. But yeah, it makes a lot of difference in gameplay, if you are killed by an M4 or an AK74 ... or ... well, I rest my case. Some people...

if you can wait years for bases or don't need better ways to conceal a barrel or camp, nor use extra inventory space dedicated for weapons that's ok

some people.. eh? 

Do you want other people playing this game?

It seems like every major patch there is a influx of new players that think they have the greatest idea in order to fix DayZ, without realizing that there are people who have spent A LOT more time and effort thinking about it. A lot of them think their ideas are original, when in fact the ideas they present have been proposed, shot down, rehashed, shot down again, over and over. There are also those new players that think leaving an expletive ridden "criticism" (I use that term loosely) will accomplish anything at all, besides making themselves look like a spoiled child who doesn't know any better. I am sure DayZ staff are used to this type of stuff, and I hope they have learned to not let it affect them by now. With that being said, constructive criticism and new ideas are welcomed by any and all. If you are one of the new people, just keep in mind that whatever it is you are complaining about/suggesting has most likely already been addressed and a solution in progress, or isn't within the scope of the game they are trying to make. A simple forum search will answer many questions.

Now, I cannot wait for the new patch. I have tried the bug fixing experimental branches in the past, and I take no shame in saying that isn't entirely for me. I will definitely log in, look at all the new stuff, then will probably wait for stable release to actually begin playing in earnest again. If I come across a bug that I haven't seen reported, then I will definitely report it though. 

I also want to say I have noticed a dramatic improvement in communication ever since Baty came on board (no offense Hicks). Even if the news isn't exactly what I was hoping for, I appreciate the open communication very much. Looking forward to next week!! :)

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

giphy.gif

Thanks for letting us know Baty!! 

Wow, that foliage movement though!!! :o   Fantastic!!

Have a good weekend all. Cheers!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Thanks for letting us know Baty!! 

Wow, that foliage movement though!!! :o   Fantastic!!

Have a good weekend all. Cheers!

Foliage movement... has the netcode been optimized for this or are we going to see more lag issues?

Too many insults, too much trolling. You know who you are. Please stop it or be moderated.

@nice folk, dont engage with trollesque posts, ignore them and simply report, makes it easier for us to clean them.

L

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JBURNS489 said:

It seems like every major patch there is a influx of new players that think they have the greatest idea in order to fix DayZ, without realizing that there are people who have spent A LOT more time and effort thinking about it. A lot of them think their ideas are original, when in fact the ideas they present have been proposed, shot down, rehashed, shot down again, over and over. There are also those new players that think leaving an expletive ridden "criticism" (I use that term loosely) will accomplish anything at all, besides making themselves look like a spoiled child who doesn't know any better. I am sure DayZ staff are used to this type of stuff, and I hope they have learned to not let it affect them by now. With that being said, constructive criticism and new ideas are welcomed by any and all. If you are one of the new people, just keep in mind that whatever it is you are complaining about/suggesting has most likely already been addressed and a solution in progress, or isn't within the scope of the game they are trying to make. A simple forum search will answer many questions.

Now, I cannot wait for the new patch. I have tried the bug fixing experimental branches in the past, and I take no shame in saying that isn't entirely for me. I will definitely log in, look at all the new stuff, then will probably wait for stable release to actually begin playing in earnest again. If I come across a bug that I haven't seen reported, then I will definitely report it though. 

I also want to say I have noticed a dramatic improvement in communication ever since Baty came on board (no offense Hicks). Even if the news isn't exactly what I was hoping for, I appreciate the open communication very much. Looking forward to next week!! :)

This, very much this, don't have to add anything to this. And yes, their communication has improved drastically. But that's what a community manager is for (again, no offense to Hicks), right?

47 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

Too many insults, too much trolling. You know who you are. Please stop it or be moderated.

@nice folk, dont engage with trollesque posts, ignore them and simply report, makes it easier for us to clean them.

L

*salutes* Yes Sir, will do! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

Foliage movement... has the netcode been optimized for this or are we going to see more lag issues?

The foliage movement is almost certainly client based, and not server based. Which means 0 impact on the netcode and no lag related.

It'll be more taxing on your GPU, but we're in 2017, we have access to good hardware and we shouldn't worry about this.

• Like 2

I bought this game specifically during the ALPHA to participate in the development.

Everyone agrees to this statement each time the game is loaded.

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME "

You also have two different version, Stable and exp.

Push the update.

• Like 1

if the devs say it isnt ready, it isnt ready. cant believe anyone would question the guys making the damn thing! Its like a baker baking a big sponge cake and a bunch of greedy kids urging him to pull it out of the oven before its ready, and the baker saying "OK then" just to please the greedy kids only for the kids to taste it and spit it out, cos it tastes awful due to it not being given enough time to bake properly! Thankfully the Dev cooks aren't listening to the greedy kids, and as a result that big experimental sponge cake is going to taste so much better when its pulled out of the oven... If nothing else, I bet this post has put you in the mood for a slice of cake :)

• Like 6

Thanks veryyyyyy much for the update on .62! I had a feeling there was something I had missed! We are SO CLOSE, guys! OMG! It'll be like a reunion of all the cool peoples once more (And the people we shoot) :D 

Also. . Why are any of you speaking like you have sway over the Devs' actions? They were courteous enough to tell us they are like 99.99999% done and have pretty much figured the problem, awaiting release monday or soon after. .

Go do yourselves a favor and go outside this weekend. . Because you won't be leaving your computer after this update comes out xD 

latest?cb=20120211222858

• Like 3

I can see why people are annoyed

On one hand, I'm happy that the devs have given us a more or less definite "0.62 will be ready next week." That's really good, especially since a lot of people (myself included) have been expecting 0.62 to drop any day now - possibly this week. So being told that it won't be this week, but that the odds are super high that it'll be next week is really good.

However, telling us "we were going to release today but we discovered a bug that many of you might not even consider to be especially severe so we'll probably release some time next week instead" is sort of frustrating. Telling us it won't be this week is great, and the honesty of why it's not going to be this week is greatly appreciated, but I think a lot of people really got their hopes up and now are disappointed as a result - especially because, as I alluded to before, the door states issue doesn't seem like a big problem. Now obviously it must be fairly major to delay the release of an experimental patch, but it doesn't seem major.

Ultimately I'm disappointed, sure, but waiting a few days isn't all that bad. I'm one of those degenerates who only plays for a few hours after each major patch, and then forgets about DayZ for a few weeks or months, depending. As such I'm not exactly itching to play DayZ every day. Maybe, hopefully, I'll play some DayZ next week, patch permitting.

As a sort of tangent, people have made the point that experimental is supposed to be buggy, and it's supposed to be experimental. I agree. I'm wondering if that when DayZ hits beta and the gameplay is getting worked on the experimental branch might actually see some experimental stuff - playing around with game balance, maybe some weird mechanics just to see how they work out and how people react and so on. I'd be down for some experimentation. I'm ready to get freaky.

• Like 1

They should just not say anything and keep to them selves. Theres alot less griping when they just disengage. Is it nice to give a heads up? Yes. Is the juice worth the squeeze? No. frankly it will be done when its done. 

Will this experimental patch also feature the new player controller and animations? That is the only patch that matters.