Baty Alquawen

Status of 0.62 on Experimental Branch

@IMT People don't consider logic when they are upset, it looks like it any way. 

Can someone help me, please? I'm searching for logic here but I can not find it. :(

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

Dont do any favors, the forums have some of the most malcontent motherfuckers ive ever seen. Remember the unholy trinity if broken and rushed games Watchdogs, no mans sky, andromeda.

Yes, and that`s why Trump is going to build the Wall near the Mexican border - they all obviously migrated to this particular forum. lol ..

Why mention watchdogs & no mans sky, it had nothing to do with alpha stage of any games out there, and Ubisoft is Ubisoft. Experimental is exactly that not a stable version of the game, but if they think the door issues is game breaking I guess we wait, but I really doubt that and I agree with @Noctoras

@ThatsMyBike Yes but not everyone is like that. 

I never complain about the performance of exp builds. I'd rather play a patch with some annoying door bug, than not play it at all.

And in addition, it's still a really dumb move to tell us that they *were* going to push it to exp today, but decided not to. It's like they're fucking teasing us. And trust me, you do not want to tease the DayZ community.

Edited by ThatsMyBike

It's got to be said, I'd be perfectly happy to play with buggy doors on experimental, especially if that's the worst issue. Part of experimental (hell, the entire Early Access process) is dealing with bugs. I can't see people minding all that much - certainly this sort of bug isn't something we've not had to deal with before.

Still, I suppose it means we'll get to look forward to a release next week. Possibly.

• Like 3

Сказал бы я чистом русском, что я об этом думаю, но вы меня не поймете :)

• Like 3

Hey guys, @Baty Alquawen, I understand how annoying this is. Just keep in mind, that we're supporting you. When I started making my own video games I realized, how much time it takes. Unthinkable! Please bear in mind that we will be with you until you finish the project, and new players will come.

• Like 5

Dear dev's,

Please do NOT push .62 this weekend! I got shit planned and a honeydo list longer than the bug list for 0.59!

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 5

@Mizev This a good translation? 

Сказал бы я чистом русском, что я об этом думаю, но вы меня не поймете- I never complain about the performance of exp builds. I'd rather play a patch with some annoying door bug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatsMyBike said:

So if the bug has been fixed by the end of the weekend, will you push it to exp on Monday?

If you read again, in the post it says that they know where the bug is and are fixing it. So yes, if it is fixed monday we will see a new Experimental build.

1 minute ago, ScipioII said:

Dear dev's,

Please do NOT push .62 this weekend! I got shit planned and a honeydo list longer than the bug list for 0.59!

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ghehe +1. Come to think of it, I don't have much time this weekend either so I guess it's a good thing that we need to wait. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, modernkilla82 said:

Good!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThatsMyBike said:

Why the fuck would you tell us this? Now everyone (including me) is pissed off that you didn't push it to exp. We wanna fuckin play it.

Sorry but you don't speak for me.

I would rather that EXP wasn't pushed out with a very obvious bug because people like you would spend the next few weeks bitching in forums/reddit about why they pushed it to EXP with a bug. EXP is for testing the build to find UNKNOWN bugs.

Thanks for the update Baty

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ThatsMyBike said:

JUST FUCKING PUSH IT TO EXPERIMENTAL! DON'T TELL US YOU *WERE* GOING TO PUSH IT BUT THEN JUST BE LIKE "NAH, YOU GOTTA WAIT ANOTHER 3 OR 4 DAYS" EXPERIMENTAL ARE FOR BROKEN BUILDS, THERE CAN BE MULTIPLE EXPERIMENTAL UPDATES, JUST PUSH IT SO WE HAVE SOMETHING TO FUCKING PLAY AND JUST FIX IT WHILE WE'RE PLAYING THEN UPDATE EXP AGAIN!

There is something to play. Its called stable. Don't be an ass and freak out in all Caps because you can't play exp for another 3 or 4 days. You would probably be the first person to freak out and say "I can't play this stupid game, these devs suck, stop releasing broken builds!" 

• Like 1

@ThatsMyBike There is absolutely no reason to speak towards the dev team the way that you are right now. Take a chill pill.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 11

57 minutes ago, ThatsMyBike said:

Why the fuck would you tell us this? Now everyone (including me) is pissed off that you didn't push it to exp. We wanna fuckin play it.

Now who is pissed? Actually you were the first and so far only person.

I prefer having a - granted - negative news to no news. 

What I recently saw from the devs, especially Eugen and Baty is a HUGE improvement in communication. I prefer having news above hanging in a black hole, but hey, that's just me and it's okay to disagree. That said, is the tone necessary? 

@devs: if you consider whether posting news like that again, just look at how many people appreciate it and how many don't. There always will be people unhappy no matter what you do, but I think most of us will be pleased by the new style of communication! Even if I still think you could have rolled it out for us to crash it hehe ;) 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, modernkilla82 said:

if so, I wholeheartedly agree ... bugs can be fun as well ... (uh, how did the zombie run through the door? haha ^^) especially if they're gonna be fixed. But point taken, again thanks for keeping us updated. 

over n out :)

Has anything been said about performance with 0.62? Should I expect the added eye candy to further strain my already ageing system? Or will maybe further optimizations even things out?

Anyway, very excited to play the new build! (hopefully next week).

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

Dont do any favors, the forums have some of the most malcontent motherfuckers ive ever seen. Remember the unholy trinity if broken and rushed games Watchdogs, no mans sky, andromeda.

You obviously have spent little time @ r/dayz.  That place is a toxic cacophony of spewed bile.  Makes the forums look like 3rd grade Sunday School at the local baptist church.

• Like 1

Dear Baty,

I am severely jealous of your buttery smooth frame rates. Please tell us what is inside that magic machine?

Sincerely,

A. Jelousplayer

Edited by Irish.
Is it Dean, does he power that magic machine?

.......then why even make that tweet/post?

Instead of frustrating people with
"Oh look you guys! We WOULD push the experimental one today BUT... Oh well!"

You could have done this:

Yeah, you guessed it, i mean not to have said anything, fixed it and next week or whenever be like
"Look guys!! NEW UPDATE!! WOOHOO!!"

......who even runs their social media? They need some serious P.R. lessons....

I'd rather play a broken game, because i like to see why games work (or why not). But thats my opinion, and we will get what (when) we get it!

Thank's for being that honest. (.....we tried, but failed) What more to say.

1 minute ago, goateswyn said:

I'd rather play a broken game, because i like to see why games work (or why not). But thats my opinion, and we will get what (when) we get it!

Thank's for being that honest. (.....we tried, but failed) What more to say.

The "we tried, but failed" thought has been their moto for the two years at least.. A little bit of sense and common courtesy in their posts/social media presence would go a long way than these
"well... we tried..."

Cause it sounds more like "Well, we tried but we do have your money already soooo... we'll keep you posted"