Baty Alquawen

Status of 0.62 on Experimental Branch

Hello Survivors! 

We were almost ready to push 0.62 to Experimental branch today, but yesterday's play test led us to a discovery of several issues that we thought were still worth looking into. 

To be more specific, the most problematic issue is the wrong representation of door states between client/server. See the GIF below:

giphy.gif

We're now working on a fix, and we have discovered the revision in which this bug was introduced, but as we want to avoid pushing any releases on Fridays due to potential issues with deployment, we won't make 0.62 available on Experimental branch this week. 

We thought you'd appreciate the heads up before you make your weekend plans, and we're hoping to show you the updated Chernarus very soon!

Dev Team

• Like 34

news is appreciated. However, what is the pupose of experimental if not pushing experimental, potentially unstable builds? If a build really has to work properly, it could simply be pushed to stable imho, since it's alpha anyway?

Granted, I can only speak for myself, but these bugs would not exactly cause major frustraion in me and, that aside, some bugs have also led to quite some fun. 

Nontheless, the information is of course appreciated.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Noctoras said:

news is appreciated. However, what is the pupose of experimental if not pushing experimental, potentially unstable builds? If a build really has to work properly, it could simply be pushed to stable imho, since it's alpha anyway?

Granted, I can only speak for myself, but these bugs would not exactly cause major frustraion in me and, that aside, some bugs have also led to quite some fun. 

Nontheless, the information is of course appreciated.

Trust me, this is really annoying bug. :(

• Like 8

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Can't wait for this build to come out, this build and beta will bring my friends and many other players/streams back to the game. 

• Like 2

From Twitter...

"We have some news about 0.62 on Experimental branch"

giphy.gif

(reads further)

Dr.-Who.gif

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, Baty.  You're brilliant!

• Like 16

This same bug has been in other experimental builds. I understand why you guys hold it back because whenever a new experimental comes out people try and play it like it is stable and complain about every little bug. But I do wish the community would understand what experimental is so builds don't have to be delayed over stupid little bugs like this. 

• Like 6

Why the fuck would you tell us this? Now everyone (including me) is pissed off that you didn't push it to exp. We wanna fuckin play it.

Edited by ThatsMyBike

Dont do any favors, the forums have some of the most malcontent motherfuckers ive ever seen. Remember the unholy trinity if broken and rushed games Watchdogs, no mans sky, andromeda.

• Like 1

give us patch for the weekend!!!...wanna catch some bugs!!!

• Like 1

@ThatsMyBike 

We're now working on a fix, and we have discovered the revision in which this bug was introduced, but as we want to avoid pushing any releases on Fridays due to potential issues with deployment, we won't make 0.62 available on Experimental branch this week. 

We thought you'd appreciate the heads up before you make your weekend plans, and we're hoping to show you the updated Chernarus very soon!

Dev Team

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, modernkilla82 said:

Can't wait for this build to come out, this build and beta will bring my friends and many other players/streams back to the game. 

I agree with @modernkilla82, which agree with @Noctoras

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatsMyBike said:

Why the fuck would you tell us this? Now everyone (including me) is pissed off that you didn't push it to exp. We wanna fuckin play it.

I don't see a lot of pissed off people, stop generalizing. If they push this build people like you will come on the forums again and whine that it's unplayable.

• Like 12

I must say the grass and leaf movement looks beautiful. つ ◕_◕ ༽つ pls giv 

Edited by DannyDog

34 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

but as we want to avoid pushing any releases on Fridays due to potential issues with deployment

I understand and im patient, but lets say it did go well...weekends are good for acumulating bug reports for the following week :P

New wind looks... AUDIAJKn, I mean... amazing! ^_^ I can't wait for the experimental version. 

thanks for the information. Hey people restrains your thoughts, there is now open information from the team given and then it is also not good. What are they supposed to do, keep quiet? This is then again not the yellow of the egg.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatsMyBike said:

JUST FUCKING PUSH IT TO EXPERIMENTAL! DON'T TELL US TO *WERE* GOING TO PUSH IT BUT THEN JUST BE LIKE "NAH, YOU GOTTA WAIT ANOTHER 4 3 OR 4 DAYS" EXPERIMENTAL ARE FOR BROKEN BUILDS, THERE CAN BE MULTIPLE EXPERIMENTAL UPDATES, JUST PUSH IT SO WE HAVE SOMETHING TO FUCKING PLAY AND JUST FIX IT WHILE WE'RE PLAYING THEN UPDATE EXP AGAIN!

That's the point, if it's really unstable, it will be during the entire weekend. The developers have tried this before and a lot of people commented with the likes of "why the fuck would you push a build right before the weekend". Now people are asking for a build right before the weekend which is already confirmed unstable.

Can someone help me, please? I'm searching for logic here but I can not find it. :(

• Like 3

Just now, IMT said:

That's the point, if it's really unstable, it will be during the entire weekend. The developers have tried this before and a lot of people commented with the likes of "why the fuck would you push a build right before the weekend". Now people are asking for a build right before the weekend which is already confirmed unstable.

Can someone help me, please? I'm searching for logic here but I can not find it. :(

That and "HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FIX ONE BUG?! BLAH BLAH"

• Like 1

I never complain about the performance of exp builds. I'd rather play a patch with some annoying door bug, than not play it at all.