Sign in to follow this  
Jex

State of the Game?

On 5/20/2017 at 2:07 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Guys just remember that the people that come on here to rag on dayz  still care for dayz one way or another or they wouldn't be here.

Very true! Thanks

• Like 1

On 19/05/2017 at 6:07 PM, OliverPlotTwist said:

They are developing. They are making a whole new bloody engine and a whole lot of stuff to go with it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Why is it so hard for you not to get the snails pace of development?

• Like 1

On 19/05/2017 at 6:17 PM, ScipioII said:

So your ~30 ( pounds,dollars,lire,euros,rands ) investment entitle you to set the direction for and content of the game?

Now we are moving from looney to bizarre. LOL I'm done wasting my time with this.

Good luck.

What a stupid post - no wonder you have no issues with the game if you think like this.

Yes, I expect that having taken mulit-millions from us they spend that money on making a game? You know, maybe hiring devs to work on things.

It's been 4 and a half years

• Like 1

On 19/05/2017 at 8:57 PM, Mantasisg said:

Lol paying for a game definitely doesn't give right to demand, it is definitely not an argument.

But everyone who has paid for it can share opinions, and HOPE.

For my taste if DayZ was a player - it has no colors in his screen at the moment, and if it will not find good stuff quickly, and worse will make a bad, unwise move he might die, and there is no respawn for him. Thats real survival going on now. 

Then like others here, you missed the point.

DayZ mod was nothing to do with BIS - it gained massive popularity and people started buying arma 2 again. BIS increased the price of Arma 2 IIRC and made a butt load of money off it. They then released the SA, made a butt load of cash off that.

4 and a half years later I'm being told we're only just over half way in development and there's a big update at the end of the year, So that will be 5 years development with 3 more to go?

Who the fuck takes 8 years to make a FPS.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2017 at 9:46 PM, emuthreat said:

If you can't be bothered to read the status reports, yet presumably spend hours on these forums arguing that nothing is being done, then I guess that is your problem. .60 was new renderer, .61 brought new sounds system.

The new engine, at this point, is basically the new player controller.  This includes player movement (why glitchy buildings have not been fixed), combat (why weapon sway, stances, and melee has not yet been updated)

You keep putting out examples of other games that were made more quickly, but those are irrelevant.  Please show me a new engine developed for an MMO shooter that has taken less than 4 years to develop, and then you might have something resembling a cogent argument.

I don't spend hours on these forums. If you bothered to read them you'd know that. Do any of you have an argument or are you all going to offer BS repsonse full of word salad.

It's going to be 5 years this december and we're on v0.63?

Falcon 4 took 5 years I think and that's a flight simulator.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2017 at 10:01 PM, Irish. said:

Well, I can see that this is inevitable... and since this still inexplicably has not been locked, I will chime in:

Hi,

Where is the game going now? It's still in development. We are on build 0.61. 0.62 is pending, and BETA (0.63) is coming reportedly sometime before the end of this year.

Have they got the animals in and coded properly? Yes, however: It's still in development.

The zombies seem to be dumber and there's hardly any around so what's going on with them? It's still in development.

What about the survival elements have they been improved upon? Yes, however: It's still in development.

What new stuff has been added in the last year and a half? Vehicles, map changes, various inventory items added, the core game engine has been replaced, and portions of the game (parts we have seen previewed in the past) will be later added in as modules, once the core game engine has been fully replaced with Enfusion, BIS's new game engine. 

There is no need for arguing, flaming, telling others they are wrong. There is no need to bash the game and where its at, nor is there any need to "support" it. It simply is, and if you cannot live with that there are far more problems in your life then simple video games.

Go back and read what you wrote, no matter who you are, on this thread and contemplate; is that the type of person you want to be, and the impression of who you are, that you want to convey to others? 

Now, this thread can stop. Please, act like adults, unless you are in fact literally children.. then well, keep being kids (life is short and being young is important). 

Thank you,

Mr. Irish

So I'm noticing that the defenders of the faith can't help bashing the OP in their replies. Maybe YOU should take a step back as you all seem to be taking it personally. It's not YOUR game, you aren't making it stop sucking up.

Then you have the audacity to tell people to "Act like adults" We are, it's people like you coming in and throwing the insults around - do you think you could stop doing that please?

• Like 2

On 19/05/2017 at 10:03 PM, Guy Smiley said:

You do understand they've scrapped this project and decided to build a brand new engine for DayZ?  

That just goes to show piss poor planning and that's no excuse for taking so long.

Someone alluded to the new engine being developed for Arma 4 - nice to see the money that went from DayZ is going into Arma 4 (not necessarily a bad thing as Arma's a great series) but it would be nice to see a game coming from it.

So we're on course for Dec 2021 then?

• Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 0:17 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

After 5 years of closely following DayZ and contributing regularly to the discussions here, don't you think it is I who should be asking you this?

What are the chances that the people like me are better informed about EVERYTHING concerning DayZ, from game play to development....?

Extremely good.

I've seen more people come and go with your attitude than anyone could reasonably remember. You're random whining guy #34,905.

Congratulations you win, nothing.

Another post from a baby who thinks it's their game lol.

Wow - a lot of you are rather nasty here aren't you? It's fine, you have no argument so you come here and name call. That's a loser argument right there. Could you take your meaness and maybe stop posting your BS?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jex said:

Why is it so hard for you not to get the snails pace of development?

I know it's slow. I didn't say it wasn't.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist

On 20/05/2017 at 1:40 AM, [Gen]Adzic said:

I feel for you Jex, it's been a LONG, epic wait.. a wait so long that were are STILL waiting after all these years. Rocket is laughing his ass off right now, he's left BIS and made a career from a mod. Some people (including myself) think he abandoned DayZ because he couldn't deliver what people wanted, what they expected.. he knew he couldn't and so got out with the legacy and some cash. Now he's got his own dev studio! not bad huh? Hell, I paid nothing for the mod back then, so I kinda see the SA as my way of paying them (Rocket and BIS) for them awesome experiences that we all enjoyed playing the mod, all them years ago. I'll always be thankful for that.

I've resigned to the fact that DayZ SA will never be the mod, but will/can it be as good? I sure hope so! but I'll let ya know my opinion when the time comes, if it ever does. Is it good now, has it been at any point in the games dev so far? I'd have to say no, I've not enjoyed playing the DayZ SA at any time in Alpha (before anyone says but it's ALPHA.. Well I KNOW! and have done for years lol). Does it look as if it might become good one day? honestly, I have my doubts and that makes me really sad and salty, to the point I wanna be critical, the game and its progress is making me feel that way. 

That being said, sometimes I read a status report and something in there piques my interest, pulls me back toward the hope, so hears to hoping. My fingers are crossed anyways, even though they are by default crossed from becoming arthritic from all these years of keeping them like that haha. I just wanna experience this game in a finished state, or rather as it's intended like I'm sure sooo many other people do, Jex included.

Massive respect and congratulations to all the players here who are more than happy to have waited all this time. Who have the ability to stay cool and ride the waves. I only hope we all get what we want one day and that we enjoy a finished DayZ, whenever that time comes.

YAY first decent post in this page I think. Thank you :) Other's hear should take heed and follow your example.

I don't know if Rocket ran off with the cash LOL and no, the SA is never going to be like the MOD now, I said it pretty much from the start that BIS were way too slow to pick up on making the SA.

I can wait, it's no skin off my nose as I have other games to play. What I won't be doing is adding to steam stats along with 90% of the customer base which in itself hurts the game. I just think the time they're taking is unnaceptable given the money they got from it.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 6:53 AM, DannyDog said:

Couldn't have said this better myself. It's too bad i still often get triggered by them q_q

Well that's because maybe you have a weak mind? Go and read some books, get out and talk to real people, try some philosophy - quit being nasty on a forum so you can feel big about yourself.

• Like 1

Is there no IGNORE button on these forums? Anybody?? Helllooooo???? LOLOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jex said:

It is called "not responding", not that difficult.

2 minutes ago, Jex said:

But why ignore the facts, bud.

On 20/05/2017 at 8:25 AM, Benavides said:

lmao "weve been patient". Mate, bullying players off the forum when they ask questions about the game aint been patient and following the development of the game.

Boys, it is actually the same 10 people everytime who talk shit to concerned players like us, I could make a list here but you boys can shoot me a message if you want a list as Ill derail the topic.

Anyway, saying "good job devs :D" every status report that is about petty things that no one actually cares about at this point as theres not even core gameplay set (variety of NON BUGGY vehicles, weapons) doesnt make you a nice and patient community member, it makes you the problem, whih results to the Dev team thinking we are all happy for a tree and survival items update. No, we are not.

Your join date doesnt make you better, I joined the first week DayZ Mod was released to the public and standalone the day it came out, who cares? I didnt mention it to show Im better and my opinion is better in this arguement, I dont care even myself.

The majority of the playerbase and former players are complaining about the development apart from you 10 people. But we all must be wrong, right?

Still waiting on that video about progression and WIP list on weapons, vehicles and bug fixes. If a video can be made about trees and animations, I have no doubt one can be made about them aswell, remember, no items (:@Baty Alquawen

There's alway  supporters of anything, anywhere who can't think for themselves. You'll notice the quality of their posts are what you would expect as well. Which idiot is claiming their join date makes them better?? LOL? Anyway, who cares about that, I was here in the May of whenever the MOD launched and then played it soildly for over 2 years - big deal. Like that's some argument foir being right? Nope, it just makes me a sad geeky gamer who games too much lol

As for the majority of the playerbase, they left years ago. As a result, BIS rmaped down the tiny team to a tineir team which is why it's taking so long I suspect. Why bother making a game nobody is playing?

On 20/05/2017 at 0:30 PM, Exorade said:

*Roll eyes*

That's a really good, informative post. Could you do them more regularly please because you're really helping the conversation along! :)

Just a legitimate question for you @Jex. What would it take for you to stop spamming the forums?

There's a recent post area on the homepage and its just you and your annoying rebuttals.

Wouldn't be surprised if a mod locks this thread.

Edited by DannyDog

On 20/05/2017 at 8:12 PM, OrLoK said:

Regardless of people's motives, dont troll, dont insult, and we'll all get on fine.

Everyone behave or you will be moderated. Just a friendly one off warning.

L

Hey Orlok LONG time no see!  - LOL did we wake you up?

Deep at Orlok HQ, in his underground bunker, designed with the latest anti-troll technology, a grey alarm started flashing. Opening one eye, he reached for the feather duster, swishing away the dust, making the alarm red again.... and sighed..... :p

• Like 1

On 24/05/2017 at 8:36 AM, ZomboWTF said:

The development time is quite normal, a bit slower because they have to give out "playable" builds from time to time, and of course this slows the process of finishing th game somewhat

if you think the game is unplayable right now, go play the mod or the Arma 3 mod, or just wait until it's finished

bashing on an unfinished game has no use

Reality wouldn't agree with you though. How ever did you think you got rights? By people like you who sit on the fence? No, people with that mentality don't make progress, they sit in it, off the backs off real fighters of worked (and in some cases died) so other people could have better things. Obvs DayZ isn't anything close to being a movement lol but the point remains.

I can wait like I've said earlier. Like I also said, quit taking so long. When is gold release, in 3 years?  When do you expect the game to be ready?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

I know it's slow. I didn't say it wasn't.

Thank you. So the issue I have with things like this is that we paid money. £20-30 is nothing but it's not the point. Millions of people paid for the game. They took tens of millions in payment so make a game! LOL

There's also a time limit. People and genres move on. BIS were way too slow on picking up on the MOD and tbh, it as probably too late then but had they been able to get a working product out a lot quicker, there would probably be a lot more players now. Maybe even room for a DayZ 2.

With the snails pace, people aren't patient. Even so, 4 and a half years already going into at least 5 and a half to 7 or 8 years to develop is unnaceptable.

Early Access games should be banned. Who wants to play a broken buggy game all the way through and then have it go release and play it over..... having it go release and play it feature complete and no bugs?

However, take too long and imo, you lost your audience. I'd like a game to play and maybe I'll get that but unlike a single player game, DayZ needs servers and people - if there's nobody playing the game, there's no point playing the game. This is why they needed to act quicker. Who in 8 years time is going to be paying to host a DayZ server?

Can you see how the game isn't going to be playable if nobody is playing it? (unless you like playing in empty servers I suppose lol)

Edited by Jex

23 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

It is called "not responding", not that difficult.

And another nasty reply. Do you guys not have a life or something. Why you got to give shitty ass replies all the time? I don't want to read their drivel thanks.

25 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

But why ignore the facts, bud.

That doesn't even make sense....

10 minutes ago, Jex said:

Can you see how the game isn't going to be playable if nobody is playing it? (unless you like playing in empty servers I suppose lol)

I can see where you're coming from and I suppose there is really no way to know if this game's playerbase will last.

However there are a couple of things that give me hope that the numbers will steady or even increase:

- The first thing is modding support. Give any game modding support and it can last for a long time. Do you really thing Arma 3 would have as many players as it does without modding support? DayZ on the new Enfusion engine with modding support, I can just imagine how many modders will come from arma 3 to make mods for DayZ.

- The second thing is the Enfusion engine. Well, not the engine really but the modules that come with it. A new animation system, a new player controller. Both which will not only bring their own changes, but will open the flood gates for all the content that has been stuck behind these modules. A change that could be potentially so big that some of the devs have referenced it as a DayZ 2.0. 

Yeah, we don't know if the players will come back. But I have hope.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist