Sign in to follow this  
Jex

State of the Game?

13 minutes ago, Benavides said:

Because he represents the opinion of thousands, who can be found in youtube comment sections. Unlike you 12 boys commenting on the threads with the same thing everytime and being the mighty dev defenders.

And what if all of those people are merely misguided and ignorant?

Ever see what happens when misguided ignorant people take control of things?

This is NOT the game many many people think it is based on the exploitation of placeholder mechanics.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Everybody wants different game from DayZ, some want hardcore farmer simulator, some wants counter strike with huge map, some wants to play greedy bastard and collect all the loot in the server for himself, some want DayZ to become mechanic simulator,and some wants just a balanced game, some wants to run in 3D terrain for dayz and be existence king, some likes to survive as many player encounters friendly and unfriendly, some likes to play for hour, some are nolife'ing for days, some is just happy to play back seat dev in a forum....

But everybody wants an awesome gameplay. 

Hopefully with later builds, and hopefully with modding activated there will be enough modes and key features to shape a gameplay and a gameflow for each ones taste.  

26 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

Why should the dev's do what you demand?  Are you the only player and everyone should play the game you want?

There is a forum for suggestions.

Because  I paid for a product and expect to see it delivered (or at least progressed) in good time just like the rest of us. You must love just being walked all over if you think we shouldn't have a voice for a product we've already paid for.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

And what if all of those people are merely misguided and ignorant?

Ever see what happens when misguided ignorant people take control of things?

This is NOT the game many many people think it is based on the exploitation of placeholder mechanics.

Thank you.

Nobody is taking control of anything. Jeeeeez where the hell do you people come from? We're asking for BIS to start kicking their devs up the ass and develop! We've all been patient enough already.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jex said:

Nobody is taking control of anything. Jeeeeez where the hell do you people come from? We're asking for BIS to start kicking their devs up the ass and develop! We've all been patient enough already.

They are developing. They are making a whole new bloody engine and a whole lot of stuff to go with it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jex said:

Because  I paid for a product and expect to see it delivered (or at least progressed) in good time just like the rest of us. You must love just being walked all over if you think we shouldn't have a voice for a product we've already paid for.

So your ~30 ( pounds,dollars,lire,euros,rands ) investment entitle you to set the direction for and content of the game?

Now we are moving from looney to bizarre. LOL I'm done wasting my time with this.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Lol paying for a game definitely doesn't give right to demand, it is definitely not an argument.

But everyone who has paid for it can share opinions, and HOPE.

For my taste if DayZ was a player - it has no colors in his screen at the moment, and if it will not find good stuff quickly, and worse will make a bad, unwise move he might die, and there is no respawn for him. Thats real survival going on now. 

10 hours ago, Jex said:

Do you mean the "new engine" as the one they stuck in a year ago which was a year and a half over their own, stated timeframe?

If you can't be bothered to read the status reports, yet presumably spend hours on these forums arguing that nothing is being done, then I guess that is your problem. .60 was new renderer, .61 brought new sounds system.

The new engine, at this point, is basically the new player controller.  This includes player movement (why glitchy buildings have not been fixed), combat (why weapon sway, stances, and melee has not yet been updated)

You keep putting out examples of other games that were made more quickly, but those are irrelevant.  Please show me a new engine developed for an MMO shooter that has taken less than 4 years to develop, and then you might have something resembling a cogent argument.

• Like 4

Well, I can see that this is inevitable... and since this still inexplicably has not been locked, I will chime in:

Hi,

Where is the game going now? It's still in development. We are on build 0.61. 0.62 is pending, and BETA (0.63) is coming reportedly sometime before the end of this year.

Have they got the animals in and coded properly? Yes, however: It's still in development.

The zombies seem to be dumber and there's hardly any around so what's going on with them? It's still in development.

What about the survival elements have they been improved upon? Yes, however: It's still in development.

What new stuff has been added in the last year and a half? Vehicles, map changes, various inventory items added, the core game engine has been replaced, and portions of the game (parts we have seen previewed in the past) will be later added in as modules, once the core game engine has been fully replaced with Enfusion, BIS's new game engine. 

There is no need for arguing, flaming, telling others they are wrong. There is no need to bash the game and where its at, nor is there any need to "support" it. It simply is, and if you cannot live with that there are far more problems in your life then simple video games.

Go back and read what you wrote, no matter who you are, on this thread and contemplate; is that the type of person you want to be, and the impression of who you are, that you want to convey to others? 

Now, this thread can stop. Please, act like adults, unless you are in fact literally children.. then well, keep being kids (life is short and being young is important). 

Thank you,

Mr. Irish

Edited by Irish.
I can color!
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jex said:

So it seems that the crux of it all, getting back on topid is that in over a year or 2, barely anything has changed except they took cars out. Nothing has been added to the survival part of the game, I asked this and got no answer so I assume that's because their isn't one. So, no detailed medical system for cuts, bruised, breaks. No herbs or things to find to make salves, etc? No diseases to contract, expecially around mass burial sites? So after coming back from a long break there is literally nothing really new worth seeing? So same gameplay, no real progress.

You do understand they've scrapped this project and decided to build a brand new engine for DayZ?  

Best game status indicator: http://steamcharts.com/app/221100 

AVG players count actually barely changed since morning, must be weekend... or maybe people are beginning to get excited about 0.62 rolling out to exp. ? 

I bet AVG players count is not going to drop bellow 3k if 0.62 will roll out Tuesday or Monday. 

Can someone bring some light what is supposed to be in 0.63 ? New chapter of development ? Beta ? Good gameplay once again ?

6 hours ago, Jex said:

-snip-Jeeeeez where the hell do you people come from? -snip-

After 5 years of closely following DayZ and contributing regularly to the discussions here, don't you think it is I who should be asking you this?

What are the chances that the people like me are better informed about EVERYTHING concerning DayZ, from game play to development....?

Extremely good.

I've seen more people come and go with your attitude than anyone could reasonably remember. You're random whining guy #34,905.

Congratulations you win, nothing.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

I feel for you Jex, it's been a LONG, epic wait.. a wait so long that were are STILL waiting after all these years. Rocket is laughing his ass off right now, he's left BIS and made a career from a mod. Some people (including myself) think he abandoned DayZ because he couldn't deliver what people wanted, what they expected.. he knew he couldn't and so got out with the legacy and some cash. Now he's got his own dev studio! not bad huh? Hell, I paid nothing for the mod back then, so I kinda see the SA as my way of paying them (Rocket and BIS) for them awesome experiences that we all enjoyed playing the mod, all them years ago. I'll always be thankful for that.

I've resigned to the fact that DayZ SA will never be the mod, but will/can it be as good? I sure hope so! but I'll let ya know my opinion when the time comes, if it ever does. Is it good now, has it been at any point in the games dev so far? I'd have to say no, I've not enjoyed playing the DayZ SA at any time in Alpha (before anyone says but it's ALPHA.. Well I KNOW! and have done for years lol). Does it look as if it might become good one day? honestly, I have my doubts and that makes me really sad and salty, to the point I wanna be critical, the game and its progress is making me feel that way. 

That being said, sometimes I read a status report and something in there piques my interest, pulls me back toward the hope, so hears to hoping. My fingers are crossed anyways, even though they are by default crossed from becoming arthritic from all these years of keeping them like that haha. I just wanna experience this game in a finished state, or rather as it's intended like I'm sure sooo many other people do, Jex included.

Massive respect and congratulations to all the players here who are more than happy to have waited all this time. Who have the ability to stay cool and ride the waves. I only hope we all get what we want one day and that we enjoy a finished DayZ, whenever that time comes.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

After 5 years of closely following DayZ and contributing regularly to the discussions here, don't you think it is I who should be asking you this?

What are the chances that the people like me are better informed about EVERYTHING concerning DayZ, from game play to development....?

Extremely good.

I've seen more people come and go with your attitude than anyone could reasonably remember. You're random whining guy #34,905.

Congratulations you win, nothing.

Couldn't have said this better myself. It's too bad i still often get triggered by them q_q

lmao "weve been patient". Mate, bullying players off the forum when they ask questions about the game aint been patient and following the development of the game.

Boys, it is actually the same 10 people everytime who talk shit to concerned players like us, I could make a list here but you boys can shoot me a message if you want a list as Ill derail the topic.

Anyway, saying "good job devs :D" every status report that is about petty things that no one actually cares about at this point as theres not even core gameplay set (variety of NON BUGGY vehicles, weapons) doesnt make you a nice and patient community member, it makes you the problem, whih results to the Dev team thinking we are all happy for a tree and survival items update. No, we are not.

Your join date doesnt make you better, I joined the first week DayZ Mod was released to the public and standalone the day it came out, who cares? I didnt mention it to show Im better and my opinion is better in this arguement, I dont care even myself.

The majority of the playerbase and former players are complaining about the development apart from you 10 people. But we all must be wrong, right?

Still waiting on that video about progression and WIP list on weapons, vehicles and bug fixes. If a video can be made about trees and animations, I have no doubt one can be made about them aswell, remember, no items (:@Baty Alquawen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benavides said:

Anyway saying "good job devs :D" every status report that is about petty things that no one actually cares about at this point as theres not even core gameplay set (variety of NON BUGGY vehicles, weapons) doesnt make you a nice and patient community member, it makes you the problem, whih results to the Dev team thinking we are all happy for a tree and survival items update. No, we are not.

Are you speaking for yourself or assuming that nobody cares about what the developers do unless its what you want?

This argument goes two ways. I'm happy that we're atleast getting an update at this point. There was always the possibility of them merging .62 and .63 together and releasing that even further towards the end of the year (hypothetically).

Now that we're finally getting an update to something that hasn't changed since Arma 2 you put down those who welcome it. Saying they're encouraging the developers to continue not doing what you want them to.

Edited by DannyDog

4 hours ago, Benavides said:

every status report that is about petty things that no one actually cares about at this point

*Roll eyes*

• Like 1

Guys just remember that the people that come on here to rag on dayz  still care for dayz one way or another or they wouldn't be here.

• Like 6

Regardless of people's motives, dont troll, dont insult, and we'll all get on fine.

Everyone behave or you will be moderated. Just a friendly one off warning.

L

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Guys just remember that the people that come on here to rag on dayz  still care for dayz one way or another or they wouldn't be here.

this man right here gets it

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 2:37 PM, Jex said:

1) Obviously you don't understand sarcasm.

2) Where did I say I didn't like the game? The development time is atrocious!

3) I gave 2 examples of unfinshed buggy games. 1 of those examples is selling as a release version. I hold BIS to a higher standard because they're a better dev company. You seem to accept any old rubbish thrown at you.

If you can't recognise these things why are you posting here? I'm not sure how you can't see the issues but I have to wait 7 months before I'm going to see improvments?

That's unreasonable.

The development time is quite normal, a bit slower because they have to give out "playable" builds from time to time, and of course this slows the process of finishing th game somewhat

if you think the game is unplayable right now, go play the mod or the Arma 3 mod, or just wait until it's finished

bashing on an unfinished game has no use

• Like 1

On 20/5/2017 at 9:07 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

agree

Anyway, if the game on version 0.62 it's still an Alpha, will be a Beta on version 1.0? :')

3 hours ago, jostino said:

agree

Anyway, if the game on version 0.62 it's still an Alpha, will be a Beta on version 1.0? :')

They said .63 will be the first part of beta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

They said .63 will be the first part of beta.

Thanks green_mtn_grandbob