Sign in to follow this  
Jex

State of the Game?

So it seems that the crux of it all, getting back on topid is that in over a year or 2, barely anything has changed except they took cars out. Nothing has been added to the survival part of the game, I asked this and got no answer so I assume that's because their isn't one. So, no detailed medical system for cuts, bruised, breaks. No herbs or things to find to make salves, etc? No diseases to contract, expecially around mass burial sites? So after coming back from a long break there is literally nothing really new worth seeing? So same gameplay, no real progress.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jex said:

Considering this forum has been dead for years I suppose it's entertaining LOL

Not to mention all those great suggestions about growing apples, farming your own vegetables, fishing tips, cooking and camping advice. All we need now is DayZ being listed as the official game of the Boy Scouts of America.

Edited by Lexman61
  • Like 3

Just now, Jex said:

So it seems that the crux of it all, getting back on topid is that in over a year or 2, barely anything has changed except they took cars out. Nothing has been added to the survival part of the game, I asked this and got no answer so I assume that's because their isn't one. So, no detailed medical system for cuts, bruised, breaks. No herbs or things to find to make salves, etc? No diseases to contract, expecially around mass burial sites? So after coming back from a long break there is literally nothing really new worth seeing? So same gameplay, no real progress.

You can make that conclusion or I could toss you a link to some un-official patch notes.

3 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

There you go:

"Because when people spend money for ONE game, to use that funding and cut your dev team to a minumum isn't fair play. How does this need to be explained though? Do you like being ripped off? If you gave me £40 million to make a game and then 4 years later I have nothing and then you find out I cut the dev team in half and spent half the money on luxury holidays you'd be ok with that?"

If you wanna claim that it is a hypothetical scenario go right ahead. You are insinuating this happened with in this case, anything else makes the entire post pointless and just an insult to whoever you where posting to.

Putting a question mark at the end doesn't change what it implies.

oh dear god. Do you not know what the word IF means? I was asking YOU that IF you gave me money and I squandered it, would you be upset?

You somehow read that as me stating the devs went on vacation. OK that's it, you're a troll and you're going on my ignore list if we have one here lol - sorry but I dunno what else to do but ignore you!

How do u ignore someone please? LOL

This game needs:

- more weapons and less hiking

- more action and less talking

- more firefights and less boy scouting

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jex said:

there is no medical system for cuts...if you bleeding,you can cure it with rags,bandages,sewing kit.
i started to play in november and never have any infections after bleeding.never have cholera despite sometimes i have drink from the ponds.
but getting hydrated and energized is easy....just find apple tree and spam it...multiple apples and you are good to go.(apples never run out)
so basically,you can survive forever with just apples.you dont have to eating anything else.
new renderer is quite nice actually...it makes dayz look nice when you use torch,flashlights and stuff...or put fireplace inside house...light of the fire comes outside the windows nicely but i think that many players,if there is night,what is rare,use their gammasettings to see at night.
you can cure broken leg with splint,what is just quite opposite to the hardcore...you can sprint full speed after broken leg cure.
there is no herbs,just two kind of berries to find.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lexman61 said:

This game needs:

And....

- Less water pumps

- More diseases

- a more complicated medical system

- Weapon handling that's realistic

- actual ballistics and not just bullet drop

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lexman61 said:

This game needs:

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds?...never played but it sounds like that....

25 minutes ago, Jex said:

oh dear god. Do you not know what the word IF means? I was asking YOU that IF you gave me money and I squandered it, would you be upset?

You somehow read that as me stating the devs went on vacation. OK that's it, you're a troll and you're going on my ignore list if we have one here lol - sorry but I dunno what else to do but ignore you!

I said imply...
But you're obviously not interested in knowing what is going on so have a nice day.

1 minute ago, kopo79 said:

there is no medical system for cuts...if you bleeding,you can cure it with rags,bandages,sewing kit.
i started to play in november and never have any infections after bleeding.never have cholera despite sometimes i have drink from the ponds.
but getting hydrated and energized is easy....just find apple tree and spam it...multiple apples and you are good to go.(apples never run out)
so basically,you can survive forever with just apples.you dont have to eating anything else.
new renderer is quite nice actually...it makes dayz look nice when you use torch,flashlights and stuff...or put fireplace inside house...light of the fire comes outside the windows nicely but i think that many players,if there is night,what is rare,use their gammasettings to see at night.
you can cure broken leg with splint,what is just quite opposite to the hardcore...you can sprint full speed after broken leg cure.
there is no herbs,just two kind of berries to find.

Exactly. So we prove DayZ is nothing but a softcore survival game with PVP in it and cars so far. Hopefully that'll change as the game goes on but infinite apples and berries need to go. Apples don't exists passed autumn and aint around again till summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds?...never played but it sounds like that....

That or an Epoch is mod when those eventually show up.

PUBG seems fun though.

Just now, Gobbokirk said:

I said imply...
But you're obviously not interested in knowing what is going on so have a nice day.

once again you can't stop misrepresenting me but yes, you have a nice day also :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jex said:

And....

- Less water pumps

- More diseases

- a more complicated medical system

- Weapon handling that's realistic

- actual ballistics and not just bullet drop

You've got my vote!

2 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds?...never played but it sounds like that...

Highly recommended, give it a try you won't regret it.

• Like 1

there is some survival aspect in game,like crafting stoneknife and firedrill kit but for me,those items are quite opposite to the hardcore gameplaying...
search stone...craft stoneknife...this takes time maybe 30 sec...use stoneknife to get bark and sticks to get firedrill kit.maybe another 30 sec...
its way too easy...if you ask me...those items should be gone in that state
but i understand that the game is under development but sometimes i just dont know that is the game gonna be this.

DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which you follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games, no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted. This is DayZ, this is your story.

Edited by kopo79

12 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

there is some survival aspect in game,like crafting stoneknife and firedrill kit but for me,those items are quite opposite to the hardcore gameplaying...
search stone...craft stoneknife...this takes time maybe 30 sec...use stoneknife to get bark and sticks to get firedrill kit.maybe another 30 sec...
its way too easy...if you ask me...those items should be gone in that state

This is one of the more irritating things about the game. Why "search" for a stone on a beach full of stones? There's no point even having an RNG roll - just change it to "pick up stone" and then you're required to use rope and wood to make a handle or something. The stone knife is ridiculous and easy mode. It does everything. The firedill kit - what!? LOL

A piece of kit nobody knows how to make and yet you make on in a second and light a fire in under 3. Whoooaaa everyone, watch out! DayZ is a real hardcore game here. No, Making the drill kit attack you when you try to use it and gouge your eyeballs out.

How about this - I've suggested this before. Everything in this game tool wise takes time. The worst item (stone knife) take a minute to open a can. The can opener - best item - takes 5 seconds to open.

If you're going to have different tools in the game that all do the same thing, you need to balance those out with reality so it makes it worthwhile having it. I haven't played for over a year, got in the other day, oh look, the stone knife still is the best - better than a steal kitchen knife that I need 2 slots for.

So why make a 2 slot knife if a 1 slot knife does the job. By making things better and worse means they have more value to the player. More value and a rarer find means more adrenaline when someone tries to take that from you.

Were there no lessons learned from the MOD here?

Edited by Jex

7 minutes ago, Jex said:

This is one of the more irritating things about the game. Why "search" for a stone on a beach full of stones? There's no point even having an RNG roll - just change it to "pick up stone" and then you're required to use rope and wood to make a handle or something. The stone knife is ridiculous and easy mode. It does everything. The firedill kit - what!? LOL

A piece of kit nobody knows how to make and yet you make on in a second and light a fire in under 3. Whoooaaa everyone, watch out! DayZ is a real hardcore game here. No, Making the drill kit attack you when you try to use it and gouge your eyeballs out.

How about this - I've suggested this before. Everything in this game tool wise takes time. The worst item (stone knife) take a minute to open a can. The can opener - best item - takes 5 seconds to open.

If you're going to have different tools in the game that all do the same thing, you need to balance those out with reality so it makes it worthwhile having it. I haven't played for over a year, got in the other day, oh look, the stone knife still is the best - better than a steal kitchen knife that I need 2 slots for.

So why make a 2 slot knife if a 1 slot knife does the job. By making things better and worse means they have more value to the player. More value and a rarer find means more adrenaline when someone tries to take that from you.

Were there no lessons learned from the MOD here?

Do you think it is possible to balance a more "hard core survival" game with the more action oriented  Escape from Tarkov and PlayerUnknown's Battleground style of games? It seems to me that many DayZ players were/are more interested in the PvP aspect rather than the "survive in the wild nature" challenge. I fear that these two schools of thought in how to play the game are partially in conflict with each other.  Personally, I enjoy more the tension and excitement of trying to survive from getting killed by other players rather than having to worry about eating, drinking, fishing or curing some disease. Too much time is used just hiking around to gather resources, weapons and ammo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lexman61 said:

Do you think it is possible to balance a more "hard core survival" game with the more action oriented  Escape from Tarkov and PlayerUnknown's Battleground style of games? It seems to me that many DayZ players were/are more interested in the PvP aspect rather than the "survive in the wild nature" challenge. I fear that these two schools of thought in how to play the game are partially in conflict with each other.  Personally, I enjoy more the tension and excitement of trying to survive from getting killed by other players rather than having to worry about eating, drinking, fishing or curing some disease. Too much time is used just hiking around to gather resources, weapons and ammo. 

Well right now it's all PVP - anyone trying to say this is hardcore survival has to be the softest snowflake ever lol - there's literally nothing about survival here - to give an example, this would be like calling it survival if you camped out in your back yard for the night LOL.

As for balancing it well there's at least 3 players groups. PVP'ers and PVE'ers then there's the guys in the middle like me that want a hard ass survival element and PVP but whereas you need your fix a little quicker, I like playing it more like the Walking Dead - so you have to do survival stuff but you get into PVP encounters as well.

As for hardcore getting in the way - that's an issue for just the PVP crowd who want to ge ta gun and just fight but then, why do that in a zombie survival game? Why not Battle Royale? It seems odd that people would just want to PVP here and not want to play the game that's being made but there are those players and we just send them to the guillotine.... LOL jk.

There might be a way to let everyone have their cake. For example, when we used to play we'd hike all over the place to explore. When we were going to higher PVP areas, we'd be a lot more careful (oh and 1st person only please. 3rd PP is for pussies..... *puts on helmet for incoming retalliatory fire*). We'd be set up for it and play differently.

If you introduce a more intricate medical system for instance, well diseases can kill over days so you could suffer nothing at first then have to go sort it out. A broken leg should have you limping slowly. Sewing up a wound without alcohol to disinfect increases the risk of infection.

The thing is, the game is about survival in a zombie apocalypse so you can never "just pvp" - at some point you need to take care of your things and yourself. Pure PVP isn't going to work here because this isn't the game being made. At some point PVP'er have to do other things and really, given the genre, they should embrace that side of it to, no need to be in a rush - the devs sure aren't :p

Saying all that, the game needs more in it. The zeds are pathetic so that needs changing. They also need to quit with the zeds giving players away. This is really irritating that their spawn gives others away (or their bodies do as they despawn in 3 mins so give you away). There isn't much to do in the game passed PVP and that's because the game is so easy mode. I like exploring and hiking with my mate but all the vegetable growing and pig farming and fishing and all the other stuff is a waste of time

Why bother making a sack when burlap sacks are rarer than backpacks? This is where the devs go into loony land afaic. They make al lthis stuff then put in stuff which makes half the stuff utterly pointless. Stone knife anyone? Canned food? Apples? When all you need in a survival game is literally a "stone knife", I'd say your having a laugh.

So lack of other things in the game make PVP more appealing as it's fun. Gearing up is fun too. The MOD was always about losing your hard earned gear to other players but it was also meant to be about survival. They need more custom locations to visit, more things to suffer and prevent, more gameplay basically that's not pvp (god this is going into a right old ramble, sorry) but is rewarding and challenging. Outside of PVP - there's literally no challenge right now. if there was no PVP in this game it would be dead so think about that. If a game has only it's PVP to rely on it's game play whilst claiming to be a "hardcore Survival Simulator" then you know it's full of sh*t.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jex said:

Why bother making a sack when burlap sacks are rarer than backpacks? This is where the devs go into loony land afaic. They make al lthis stuff then put in stuff which makes half the stuff utterly pointless. Stone knife anyone? Canned food? Apples? When all you need in a survival game is literally a "stone knife", I'd say your having a laugh.

Good grief..... Seriously. How many times does the dev's have to say they are still working on the game? The loot system is not complete? The CLE is not balanced?

This thread does not go to looney land... it IS looney land. Some people need a diaper change.

• Like 1

agreed almost everything...growing vegetables,fishing belongs to this game...but it should be time consuming but in the end very rewarding...so you could live in the forest almost all the time but sometimes visit in towns/cities to get medical supplies,waterbottles,knifes and things.
i like also action but i like also hiking the landscape and keep myself good shape...but if i really wanna get the gun and go to war....i dont like to do it in this massive sized map...i play project reality,with good squad.

Edited by kopo79

4 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

Good grief..... Seriously. How many times does the dev's have to say they are still working on the game? The loot system is not complete? The CLE is not balanced?

This thread does not go to looney land... it IS looney land. Some people need a diaper change.

there should be some core gameplay elements on place for now...first if you add stoneknife,you should desingn its mechanic to its final and not just let it there.
how much it takes time to craft one?
how long item is in good shape?
what tools you need to craft it?
etc...

1 hour ago, ScipioII said:

It goes into looney land with posts such as yours. We all know the game isn't finished - what evidence do you have in the slightest that says they're going to go in the direction in my quote above? I'm betting you have zero.

Are here BUPG ? 

46 minutes ago, Jex said:

It goes into looney land with posts such as yours. We all know the game isn't finished - what evidence do you have in the slightest that says they're going to go in the direction in my quote above? I'm betting you have zero.

Why should the dev's do what you demand?  Are you the only player and everyone should play the game you want?

There is a forum for suggestions.

3 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

Why should the dev's do what you demand?  Are you the only player and everyone should play the game you want?

There is a forum for suggestions.

Because he represents the opinion of thousands, who can be found in youtube comment sections. Unlike you 12 boys commenting on the threads with the same thing everytime and being the mighty dev defenders.

Edited by Benavides
  • Like 1