Sign in to follow this  
Jex

State of the Game?

22 hours ago, DannyDog said:

It just goes to show that they don't really care what DayZ is or will be. They just want the opportunity to satisfy their needs like how DayZ Mod did back in the old days.

Here, let me explain your post for you.

You make an assertion right off the bat - you don't know what people care. You then assert that these unknown people only want their needs satisfying - zero supporting evidence.

How many civil wars do you want me to list in support of the fact that their are a group of people that always support the status quo?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Selective ignorance is your right.
If you can't bother to inform yourself when you're pointed towards the information given to you directly from the people working on the game the discussion isn't worth continuing.

Have a nice day.

You're overdramatic. Could you quit it please you're irritating lol

As for selective ignorance, I don't know what to say. I make a post asking a question which, by the very definition, isn't ignorance.

Apology accepted, Captain Neda.... ;)

Edited by Jex
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jex said:

You're overdramatic. Could you quit it please you're irritating lol

As for selective ignorance, I don't know what to say. I make a post asking a question which, by the very definition, isn't ignorance.

Apology accepted, Captain Neda.... ;)

I know ignorance has a bad ring to it, but it is only meant as lack of knowledge, not calling you stupid or anything like that.

If I wanted to insult I'd use a whole different set off terms :)
Bonus beans for Star Wars reference though.

• Like 1

If this thread gets locked, I hope you boys from DayZ Development link us a video you recently made on the development of weapons, vehicles, bug fixes and your current progression on your plans on them. Remember, no items, animations or visuals! (:

Edited by Benavides

11 minutes ago, Jex said:

Here, let me explain your post for you.

You make an assertion right off the bat - you don't know what people care. You then assert that these unknown people only want their needs satisfying - zero supporting evidence.

How many civil wars do you want me to list in support of the fact that their are a group of people that always support the status quo?

Are there multiple definitions of name calling? That's more like making uninformed claims (talking out of my ass) about someone or some thing.

Name calling is belittling people using derogatory words or the likes. Essentially verbal abuse.

How does this quote not tell you he doesn't care about DayZ SA and wants modding? There have been multiple examples of people saying that modding will save the game.

22 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

DayZ SA is boring as fuck. But once modding support is released it will be glorious. Patience, my sweet child. Patience. It will all be better soon™.

Edited by DannyDog

17 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

It is fine if you're not happy with the speed, but no reason to add lies to back them up...

Maybe you should point out these "lies" I'm apparently saying. So far, all your posts (bar one I think) lack facts or anything of substance. This one is no different. Do you just like to argue with people for arguments sake? You can't even get how slow this is taking even when other games are presented - then you turn around and say "well it was a premade engine" yes yes whatever and with tiny dev teams who've managed to add in ten times more than DayZ has right now.

10 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

How does this quote not tell you he doesn't care about DayZ SA and wants modding? There have been multiple examples of people saying that modding will save the game.

I love the concept of DayZ SA but, in my opinion, it is boring as fuck. This doesn't mean that I didn't find it fun in the past. I may find it fun in the future. But I believe that modding support is necessary for the type of game that I want to play. Modded DayZ is still DayZ.

Just my opinion. <3

1 hour ago, Jex said:

I guess I'll wait another 8 MONTHS to get an update LOL

Do us all a favor amd hold your breath until 1.0

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Are there multiple definitions of name calling? That's more like making uninformed claims (talking out of my ass) about someone or some thing.

Name calling is belittling people using derogatory words or the likes. Essentially verbal abuse.

LOL I give up you're deliberately not getting it.

• Like 1

Just now, koffeekage said:

lmao get out of here son

1 minute ago, koffeekage said:

Oh look, we have a winner for the dumbest post in the thread so far! Well done old chap :)

1 minute ago, Jex said:

Maybe you should point out these "lies" I'm apparently saying. So far, all your posts (bar one I think) lack facts or anything of substance. This one is no different. Do you just like to argue with people for arguments sake? You can't even get how slow this is taking even when other games are presented - then you turn around and say "well it was a premade engine" yes yes whatever and with tiny dev teams who've managed to add in ten times more than DayZ has right now.

Show proof of them spending their money on luxury vacations then...
Hard to add more substance when you mix your posts between requests for info and plain silly rants.

Just now, Jex said:

LOL I give up you're deliberately not getting it.

Whatever mate. You've gotten your answers in this thread already but you still proceed to reply to others in a non-friendly manner.

So how is it after all these years there's still people that just have to come onto forums and basically write nasty posts? These fossils are still around? The ones that have no facts, get upset over computer code and have tantrums? It's a game, it's like getting upset over criticising monopoly - anyone defending a game over everything just looks like an idiot - can we start abn internet meme for these people?

The tragic aspect of this whole situation is that regardless of what the developers do or don't do, by the time this game is officially "finished" only a few thousands people will be still playing it. More or less what the official player count is today. A great comeback of players and a resurge of DayZ is not going to happen.

After more than 4 years of development, a huge and promising success at release and an innovative game concept, to end up like this is truly saddening.

Edited by Lexman61
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Show proof of them spending their money on luxury vacations then...
Hard to add more substance when you mix your posts between requests for info and plain silly rants.

OMG...........

I can't facepalm hard enough.

Go back and re-read my post and tell me how on earth that me giving YOU and EXAMPLE relates anywhere close to being a real thing? Also, why did I just have to explain that? That was so obviously an example and so simple to work out I'm shocked you even replied as you did.

This is the best thread in a long time. :D I'm, literally, eating popcorn going through the posts. Good to know that people still care about this game.

2 minutes ago, Jex said:

OMG...........

I can't facepalm hard enough.

Go back and re-read my post and tell me how on earth that me giving YOU and EXAMPLE relates anywhere close to being a real thing? Also, why did I just have to explain that? That was so obviously an example and so simple to work out I'm shocked you even replied as you did.

Sorry I'll stick to facts... They work a lot better than random rants.

4 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Whatever mate. You've gotten your answers in this thread already but you still proceed to reply to others in a non-friendly manner.

The "non-friendly" manner, mate, was you and your ilk. If you don't like the attitude back, I'll suggest you take yours out the door on the way out. People like you love to come into threads and throw your weight around until people push back. You make stupid assertions and act like bullies - some of us don't put up with it though and I'd suggest that anyone writing mean spirited posts should be taken up on that and if the threads get derailed, so be it. Once people start getting used to the fact that their posts are always going to be called into question maybe they'll stop making them?

• Like 1

Just now, Gobbokirk said:

Sorry I'll stick to facts... They work a lot better than random rants.

What does that have to do with you not understanding a simple example. This is the issue here, people that post like you. If you can't support your posts then don't bother making them perhaps? Can you tell us why anyone here should have to put up with the drivel you wrote above or why we shouldn't call you out on it?

Just now, Jex said:

What does that have to do with you not understanding a simple example. This is the issue here, people that post like you. If you can't support your posts then don't bother making them perhaps? Can you tell us why anyone here should have to put up with the drivel you wrote above or why we shouldn't call you out on it?

You could call me out all you want, not getting you anywhere... You claimed they cut the team in half and spend their money on vacations..

I call it BS... Your turn...

2 minutes ago, scriptfactory said:

This is the best thread in a long time. :D I'm, literally, eating popcorn going through the posts. Good to know that people still care about this game.

Considering this forum has been dead for years I suppose it's entertaining LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Gobbokirk said:

You could call me out all you want, not getting you anywhere... You claimed they cut the team in half and spend their money on vacations..

I call it BS... Your turn...

Ok so your doubling down now - let me tel lyou again - I asked you a question there. I never said the team spent half the money. If you can't get that simple post then if there's an ignore list, you're about to go on it because there's literally no point talking to you. I said A - you think I said Z - who here is at fault for not understanding what was said. Was it me for clearly explaining myself which everyone else here got? Or is it you for not reading my post or not being able to understand it then being disingenuous and trying your best to misrepresent me? Notice how my replied contain three times the text yours do because I have an actual argument and a solid postion. I don't care if "I'm not getting anywhere" either. Who are you? Some guy on a fourm I don't care about. I'm not saying I wish you ill but so far, your posts have been argumentative or just silly.

Quote me where I said half the DayZ team spent money on vacations LMAO

Just now, Jex said:

Ok so your doubling down now - let me tel lyou again - I asked you a question there. I never said the team spent half the money. If you can't get that simple post then if there's an ignore list, you're about to go on it because there's literally no point talking to you. I said A - you think I said Z - who here is at fault for not understanding what was said. Was it me for clearly explaining myself which everyone else here got? Or is it you for not reading my post or not being able to understand it then being disingenuous and trying your best to misrepresent me? Notice how my replied contain three times the text yours do because I have an actual argument and a solid postion. I don't care if "I'm not getting anywhere" either. Who are you? Some guy on a fourm I don't care about. I'm not saying I wish you ill but so far, your posts have been argumentative or just silly.

Quote me where I said half the DayZ team spent money on vacations LMAO

There you go:

"Because when people spend money for ONE game, to use that funding and cut your dev team to a minumum isn't fair play. How does this need to be explained though? Do you like being ripped off? If you gave me £40 million to make a game and then 4 years later I have nothing and then you find out I cut the dev team in half and spent half the money on luxury holidays you'd be ok with that?"

If you wanna claim that it is a hypothetical scenario go right ahead. You are insinuating this happened with in this case, anything else makes the entire post pointless and just an insult to whoever you where posting to.

Putting a question mark at the end doesn't change what it implies.