Sign in to follow this  
Jex

State of the Game?

32 minutes ago, Lexman61 said:

Present player count numbers speak for themselves: http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

The initial success is, unfortunately, a distant memory that won't come back no matter when this game will eventually be "finished" or what new features they add.

Completely irrelevant really...

Sure, you'll be able to set up your own apple farm, breed cattle and hunt for wolves all by yourself in the vast loneliness of the DayZ world.

Why not play a farming simulator.? Gives you more to do than wandering around in DayZ.

Best of luck!

• Like 4

DayZ SA is boring as fuck. But once modding support is released it will be glorious. Patience, my sweet child. Patience. It will all be better soon™.

• Like 1

mate, how are you going to call the player charts irrelevant? the excuse of alpha is beyond a joke at this point, we are in 2017 boys.

iff you want to have a conversation with people who are not going to deny facts and evidence about the development then head straight to youtube, Jex. The only updates this game had apart from adding zombies and all them animals and a few bug fixes are mostly items. You focus on fixing the game then focus on making items. 

Locking threads and deleting posts aint going to change the opinions of the public on the development, its only going to look bad on yourselves lads

I see the same ten people talk shit and act in a sarcastic manner to people asking questions about the current development of DayZ. When this is finished, no one is going to care and people like myself, will have moved on to a new game. (God bless Bohemia Interactive for Arma 3 and plans for Arma 4 right?)

dont get me wrong lads the game is fun and all but when you try to defend the development of this game, the same excuses are being thrown out over and over and its laughable.

i just hope theres some actual transparency to not have my post deleted from the moderation team and destroy me with facts instead of just clicking on that delete button

talking shit about the game is different than talking shit about the development progress. "Alpha Access Games" do have a risk indeed, if I was told as a customer that "We don't know how long its going to take us" then its okay boys, but if you are going to make a time-table then use the excuse that "its old and we are trying to make it even more better" then I've got every right to criticize you.

Oh, boys, when modding comes out, I expect you lot to play the vanilla version and not even touch the mods if you think this is alright.

Props to the boys above me aswell.

soon™

• Like 1

Yup, lets be angry about a game we don't like anymore.. That will sure help...

13 minutes ago, scriptfactory said:

DayZ SA is boring as fuck. But once modding support is released it will be glorious. Patience, my sweet child. Patience. It will all be better soon™.

This will sure help cater to the "masses" though, no doubt about that.

11 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Yup, lets be angry about a game we don't like anymore.. That will sure help...

This will sure help cater to the "masses" though, no doubt about that.

It just goes to show that they don't really care what DayZ is or will be. They just want the opportunity to satisfy their needs like how DayZ Mod did back in the old days.

Just now, DannyDog said:

It just goes to show that they don't really care what DayZ is or will be. They just want the opportunity to satisfy their needs like how DayZ Mod did back in the old days.

You'll find most of those will be one of the mods of the mod as well.
Absolutely nothing wrong with preferring those, for the people that want a quick action run they are pretty great.
If they expect the base game to be like that they are going to get really disappointed though.

Just like I would be if I logged into DayZ version 1.3 one day to find 10 skybases over Cherno..

2 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

DayZ Mod was perfect and at the hands of the community with modding support and a friendly development team.

This isn't.

• Like 1

The problem that people just live it was because poor comunication between developers and players. the Status Report is kind of a joke, every 2 weeks the same long text with nothing, people don't see a progress in the game. For example look the Rust dev blog, every week update on game, every week they show us what they are working and what will come in game later. People enjoy to see how the game grows up with new content, fixes and improvments. Here is the problem with the dayz. ok, I understand if you are not updating the game every month but show to people something, don't hide. People are not watching your SP because a update take 6 months or more. In that time you didn't show much stuff about the upcoming update.. only one or maybe two weeks before the update push the exp branch.. this is why people don't care about the game.. and they are not waiting updates from this game. (you lost more than half of the people just because of that) There are many many bugs that could be fix after the release in 2013 like the jail building that people are going in textures (instat of that you just remove the spawn items inside, and if you had problems with the spawn items, again, create a new building model.), almost 4 years you couldn't create a better building model without glitches? same as the green and red big house, people are going in textures and coming out when players came in the building. IN 2017! This is a joke if you are telling use that you planned that for the beta release to fix! OMG this are only some buildings that could be changed or fixed in 4 years! The Inventory design is week (how it works is simple and ok, but how it looks is horrible.), I can create a similar one or even better in PAINT. Replacing old building or environment models with new once I don't think that affect the movment to new engine, how you put the old building in the new engine that could you do with the new once. Again like Rust, they are reworking the armos in game that have, and the new once look 300% better. That could you do and add more apocalyptic look. (like the model that you show use on trello.) or plans for the animation? can we expect that we can climb a fence or a small garage ? nobody answer this question but funny thing is that zombies that have no brain can do it and we cannot.. if you say in status report that the sway on the weapon will be caused by the movment and weight of the player.. a good idea it will be to add same method when you jump over a fence, your empty you can jump fester, you are on middle weight you are jumping harder and if you are on full weight then you cannot jump over... 

Edited by aldink
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Benavides said:

DayZ Mod was perfect and at the hands of the community with modding support and a friendly development team.

This isn't.

I don't really want to unintentionally get into an argument with anyone here (i even went back on what i was going to post because i just felt it wasn't worth it) but saying this game's development team isn't friendly is a bit harsh on them. That's just my opinion though.

2 hours ago, aldink said:

the Status Report is kind of a joke, every 2 weeks the same long text with nothing, people don't see a progress in the game.

*Roll eyes*

• Like 1

Wow... its still a thing?

What happened Lok? You take a nap? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aldink said:

Again like Rust, they are reworking the armos in game that have, and the new once look 300% better. That could you do and add more apocalyptic look. (like the model that you show use on trello.)

Rust has penises, so we know by default they aint afraid to show anything. DayZ > Rust = Moot.

Boy. people sure do have a way of burying their heads in the sand.

This cannot be stressed enough, that this development project is not making a game.  The game has existed for years already and had multiple issues.  What BI are doing is creating a custom-tailored engine to run the game.  Once the new engine is finished, it's basically a quick hop, skip and a port away from being a finished game.

Really, this baffles the shit out of me.  I mean, I can understand the criticism, I like to joke about slow development too from time to time.  But it is an entirely different thing to completely disregard that BI is building an entirely new engine from the ground up, while letting the public still have access to the game.

They could have rushed out a crappy version of the mod, albeit running smoother, and called it a day.  But they didn't.  They decided that it was necessary to do the right thing, no matter the cost, both in development hours and PR costs.

I'll provide a useful link for all the haters once this shit is finished.

• Like 3

It was only a question of time before the die-hard forum praetorian guard of DayZ would jump in and once again strenuously and unconditionally defend the developers..

A game which had an enormous potential and a greatly successful launch is:

- still under development after 4 years

- has a persistently decreasing player count (official Steam charts)

-  is slowly, surely and intentionally becoming a survival simulator niche game  

I guess the handful of truly faithful will eventually reach the promised land! 

As miracles do happen on rare occasions, one can only hope that they will resuscitate the early and long gone excitement and success of DayZ in its forthcoming console version. 

Bless you.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Gobbokirk said:

Not their fault people don't know what they spend their money on.
I am glad they did though.

Your attitude is quite sad, and disrespectful towards everybody. Sure everybody knew what they were buying, there were videos, there were streams, a lot were attracted by the mod and expected (and expects) this to be same and better. You obviously saw the future, didn't you. You are happy that DayZ sold a lot, and that it will not continue doing it lol 

Even more... devs admitted that gameplay is not at its best in this last SR, and that it will get more attention now. And I'm not surprised - because steamcharts. I refreshed the page in 10 minutes and AVG players count dropped by 2.

DayZ will be charging a rebirth in next updates, I'm pretty sure. But the question is, how strong it can come back ? People enjoyed this game much more when it was in worse technical condition. This so obviously shows that gameplay is what controls success of the title.

But hey, people didn't know what they are spending money on - it is supposed to be "stay in a bush - find/hunt/fish/grow a food, maybe find a gun and bullets for safety - and come back to the bush, KOS if found". And I guess those "Niche" players are the core of players at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mantasisg said:

Your attitude is quite sad, and disrespectful towards everybody. Sure everybody knew what they were buying, there were videos, there were streams, a lot were attracted by the mod and expected (and expects) this to be same and better. You obviously saw the future, didn't you. You are happy that DayZ sold a lot, and that it will not continue doing it lol 

Even more... devs admitted that gameplay is not at its best in this last SR, and that it will get more attention now. And I'm not surprised - because steamcharts. I refreshed the page in 10 minutes and AVG players count dropped by 2.

DayZ will be charging a rebirth in next updates, I'm pretty sure. But the question is, how strong it can come back ? People enjoyed this game much more when it was in worse technical condition. This so obviously shows that gameplay is what controls success of the title.

But hey, people didn't know what they are spending money on - it is supposed to be "stay in a bush - find/hunt/fish/grow a food, maybe find a gun and bullets for safety - and come back to the bush, KOS if found". And I guess those "Niche" players are the core of players at the moment.

Ignorance is key, just like patience.

And yes I don't respect people that rant away while not bothering to keep track of what is going on, I expect the same from others as I expect from myself, sue me :p

Why would gameplay be at its best when the game isn't finished? Isn't that pretty obvious?

2 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

-  is slowly, surely and intentionally becoming a survival simulator niche game 

Was it ever supposed to be anything other than a survival simulator game?

Dean Hall in 2014: "So yeah, it's just keeping true to that hardcore survival and hardcore death, because that's kind of what Dayz is."

Taking his words and yours in to consideration, it seems to me like a whole lot of people have been getting angry throughout the years, because their own expectations as to the direction of the game aren't met.

Edited by Exorade

On 17/05/2017 at 6:10 PM, Exorade said:

Oh, please do.

Rogue System

Banished

Evochron Legacy...

5 minutes ago, Jex said:

Rogue System

Banished

Evochron Legacy...

Are those early access games?

On 18/05/2017 at 9:28 AM, Lexman61 said:

The long-lasting debate about the pace of development for this game has actually become totally irrelevant. Both opposing factions seem to forget that, with dwindling player numbers and the novelty factor just a distant memory, does it really matter when the final version of this game will be ready?

Do you really think that thousands of new and former players will "swarm" back to the game once it's completed? Very unlikely. DayZ has become and will remain a niche game for a niche community. And that's great for the hard core survivalists and the dedicated long time players who will faithfully stick around until the end of time, but not having a much bigger player base for this game is a missed opportunity.

Paradoxically, the only thing that might breathe new life and interest into this game is the console version of it. Yes, I know many PC players cringe in pain just at the thought but a DayZ success on XB1 and PS4 could potentially bring many new players to the PC too. But considering the more "casual" gaming nature of console players, I doubt that DayZ in its current and future direction of development as a "survival simulator" will appeal to them in the long run.

Regards

This is the best post so far in this thread :)

You're right in a lot of ways - nobody is going to come back, there won't be a resurgence, that ship sailed years ago now. I'd argue that as a "Hardcore Survival Simulator" DayZ isn't even close. Has any development been made on the "survival" aspect? Have new diseases been introduced? Is there a complex medical system?

I ask this because I got back in the game the other day and drank from one of the 1000 water pumps spread across the map, ate a bunch of apples, killed some chickens with ease - ate a few cans of stuff - if this is "survival" then I'll invite you all to go spend a weekend in the wilderness somewhere with nothing but a wrag and a flare and see how you get on.

This game is easy mode. In fact it's so easy to "survive" I'm wondering where the "hardcore" element is? Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun but I can't say it's hardcore since there's food and water everywhere.

As for a console version, that might make a console community but PC players won't be coming back because of console players so presumably the PC version is pretty much dead which would explain the incredibly slow dev process.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Benavides said:

mate, how are you going to call the player charts irrelevant? the excuse of alpha is beyond a joke at this point, we are in 2017 boys.

iff you want to have a conversation with people who are not going to deny facts and evidence about the development then head straight to youtube, Jex. The only updates this game had apart from adding zombies and all them animals and a few bug fixes are mostly items. You focus on fixing the game then focus on making items. 

Locking threads and deleting posts aint going to change the opinions of the public on the development, its only going to look bad on yourselves lads

I see the same ten people talk shit and act in a sarcastic manner to people asking questions about the current development of DayZ. When this is finished, no one is going to care and people like myself, will have moved on to a new game. (God bless Bohemia Interactive for Arma 3 and plans for Arma 4 right?)

dont get me wrong lads the game is fun and all but when you try to defend the development of this game, the same excuses are being thrown out over and over and its laughable.

i just hope theres some actual transparency to not have my post deleted from the moderation team and destroy me with facts instead of just clicking on that delete button

talking shit about the game is different than talking shit about the development progress. "Alpha Access Games" do have a risk indeed, if I was told as a customer that "We don't know how long its going to take us" then its okay boys, but if you are going to make a time-table then use the excuse that "its old and we are trying to make it even more better" then I've got every right to criticize you.

Oh, boys, when modding comes out, I expect you lot to play the vanilla version and not even touch the mods if you think this is alright.

Props to the boys above me aswell.

soon™

If that's all the updates then I don't see how anyone is defending this as acceptable LOL. However, every group has it's Trump supporters (or Hillary supporters), diehards who always support the system but nothing new, in over a year, are you frikkin kidding me??

I already posted 3 games made by 1 person, not the same person, which will show just how awful DayZ progess has been. I've been massively patient with the game but the thing is I handed my money over already. I already paid for my game along with millions of others. Where did our money go? Where are the updates? Where's the progress?

If we ignore the lone developers and look at the tiny teams that are making games (7 days to die, Kerbal space program, the forest, etc, etc, etc) then these guys just embarass BIS.

7 Days to Die went through an engine update - they've added in NPCs, there's tons of zombies, you can grow food, you can PVP, you can have a PG generated map, you can mine, make weapons, clothes, and more. What's DayZ's excuse?

Remember when they said "We're bringing in TWO TEAMS! One to make the animal AI and one to make the Zombie AI!" Where did they go?

Going on to the zombies - how easy are they to get around!? First you can seemingly just walk by them without being seen. When you are, you just circle strafe, just like the mod, easy peasy mode and head shot them with an axe.

There is nothing hardcore about this game and anyone claiming that needs to show evidence of such claims. Meanwhile, I guess I'll wait another 8 MONTHS to get an update LOL

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DannyDog said:

This is stupid reasoning. How do you get to make the claim nobody cares? Obviously we care or we wouldn't post about stuff. What your post actually is saying is "I don't have a good argument so rather than offer anything substantive, I'll just resort to name calling"

4 minutes ago, Jex said:

This is stupid reasoning. How do you get to make the claim nobody cares? Obviously we care or we wouldn't post about stuff. What your post actually is saying is "I don't have a good argument so rather than offer anything substantive, I'll just resort to name calling"

I don't see how that's name calling. The majority of players want modding support because they think it would be the easiest and fastest route for the game to become what they want it to be. Rather than to trust the devs when they say their decision to rework the engine will pay off in the end. If you didn't see the quote i was referring to here it is:

21 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

EDIT: Just looking at your previous comment:

However, every group has it's Trump supporters (or Hillary supporters), diehards who always support the system but nothing new, in over a year, are you frikkin kidding me??

It would seem your the one name calling.

Edited by DannyDog

21 hours ago, Benavides said:

Arma 4 if it ever comes will likely be based on same engine as DayZ. There won't likely be Arma in Enfusion engine until maybe 5 years after DayZ is finished. A lot of the popular gamemodes/mods from Arma can be converted to DayZ and they likely work better in Enfusion. So there's a lot of potential coming from DayZ in the next 4 years when the mods start to be playable. So there's plenty of time to play other games because currently DayZ is just a prototype that isn't fun to play.