Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 16 May 2017

20 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

yeah why not and a battery can be gold though - u can decide to use it in a scope instead! 

I`m excited - I`ve notion this 0.62 is out any day  even perhaps this evening! ;)

Can any confirm if Heli is plan to be in 0.62 or pushed to 0.63 beta?

.62 is mostly visual and sound update. No new vehicles, guns or mechanics. It's the red carpet for the stuff coming with .63 aka beta. But I don't know if helicopter will be in .63. They need to fix ground vehicles first (lag, server performance, etc) before adding helicopter will be a thing.

• Like 1

Why not randomize starting gear each player/spawn? (be it radio/flare/rag/ any other basic supply) Would be fun in a way and people wont feel the need to abuse the respawning for this due to being basic gear.

Edited by cs_wolf
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, cs_wolf said:

Why not randomize starting gear each player/spawn? (be it radio/flare/rag/ any other basic supply) Would be fun in a way and people wont feel the need to abuse the respawning for this due to being basic gear.

I've been for this as well, just as long as we make sure no one setup is so much better than the other so we give people yet another reason to jump off a building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cs_wolf said:

Not a bad idea and concerning your background story maybe u started with a shotgun, and as a farmer u get chased out of your barn by your wife who was infected by zombies - as long the Rng is related to basic gear. :)

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cs_wolf said:

That would probably result in player suicide until they get the good stuff if it were anything better. I dont see weapons happening. Save for random similar items like flares chemlights flashlights. Rags, bandages.

Edited by koffeekage
Clarity

15 hours ago, icrush said:

it should be a wearable IMO

Agreed.

There are more than a few things that should have the option to be wearable as well.

The compass, a canteen, grenades, and rope, to name a few.

I also believe vests and jackets that feature magazine slots should have magazine only storage similar to how fish hooks work on boonie hats.

.62 is going to drop right before Memorial Day.

I see all sorts of families upset over missing members. ;)

• Like 1

So I encourage you all to utilize them more, so I can convince Peter that they should totally be player starting gear.

Hold on a minute. you are the creative designer!

I say just go for it, just try it out, WERE DOIN IT LIVE kinda thing. What can go wrong? You can always hotpatch it out and we have plenty of time to test things in this game nowadays.

Don't think its ever gonna work otherwise.

Edited by Buakaw

On 5/18/2017 at 7:59 PM, Buakaw said:

Hold on a minute. you are the creative designer!

I say just go for it, just try it out, WERE DOIN IT LIVE kinda thing. What can go wrong? You can always hotpatch it out and we have plenty of time to test things in this game nowadays.

Don't think its ever gonna work otherwise.

What could go wrong is that people wouldn't use them, so Hicks is asking to use them. And it will be taken out if it will not be used. I think they will lead to some interesting events. But it is hard to predict how much luck it will take to hear someone.

6 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

What could go wrong is that people wouldn't use them, so Hicks is asking to use them. And it will be taken out if it will not be used. I think they will lead to some interesting events. But it is hard to predict how much luck it will take to hear someone.

Then make us spawn with the radio on, set to channel 87.8 and extend battery life to 12 hours in-game. Done.

• Like 1

Agree, at the beginning it has to be very simple to use to get people into it, otherwise it will never take off. I'm very curious how it would impact the game. I can see already someone trolling over the radio and all others trying to find and kill him lol

Edited by Mantasisg
  • Like 1

On May 20, 2017 at 2:54 AM, Mantasisg said:

Agree, at the beginning it has to be very simple to use to get people into it, otherwise it will never take off. I'm very curious how it would impact the game. I can see already someone trolling over the radio and all others trying to find and kill him lol

Sorry, but this just kills me.  Being "simple" has never been the appeal of DayZ.  The appeal of DayZ is that is F..ing brutal.  This can't change no matter how worried everyone is about it "taking off". 

39 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

Sorry, but this just kills me.  Being "simple" has never been the appeal of DayZ.  The appeal of DayZ is that is F..ing brutal.  This can't change no matter how worried everyone is about it "taking off". 

This is true. One of the successes of the Mod was because of this level of difficulty. No hand holding, no leniency. You fuck up, you die.

On 19.5.2017 at 11:36 PM, Mantasisg said:

Well if people wouldnt use them then there is your answer, noone wants to use radios as more immersive alternative to global. I think its a cool idea tho.

But you are not gonna find out if you don't try.

Noones gonna go out of their way to search for batteries (thats what u need atm right?) when there is an extremely low chance to get anything out of it. So this approach is rather hopeless in my opinion. An idea like this should be discussed with staff and then given greenlights to see a community response, but this? THis is just kinda half-assed amateur stuff. Its not gonna happen.

Edited by Buakaw

On 5/23/2017 at 6:53 AM, Coheed_IV said:

Get ready for brutality of two-three full servers max of DayZ SA for the rest of eternity then. This is how your DayZ player controls should be like, that would be brutal: http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

23 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Well if people wouldnt use them then there is your answer, noone wants to use radios as more immersive alternative to global. I think its a cool idea tho.

But you are not gonna find out if you don't try.

Noones gonna go out of their way to search for batteries (thats what u need atm right?) when there is an extremely low chance to get anything out of it. So this approach is rather hopeless in my opinion. An idea like this should be discussed with staff and then given greenlights to see a community response, but this? THis is just kinda half-assed amateur stuff. Its not gonna happen.

There could be 100 ways how to use it. But if noooooooooone will haveoooone, then noooooone will hear anyoooone, and then noooone will ever useoooone as global chat alternative. It could be just an option how to get more action if you aren't actually happy about runing for hours alone around the map without any idea where you actually should go. It also could lead to some funky server events and stuff... Thats why it has to be default item and easy to use, easy to use at least at the beginning to increase chance of players getting used to it.

Anyone remember when there were radios playing music in DayZ in one of the experimental builds, it was pretty cool, wasn't it. It could be set on walkie talkie waves, couldn't it ?