Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 16 May 2017

I dont know if radio should be starting gear. They are quite common to find on the coast. Bateries should definetly last longer in all devices, at least pristine ones. Same goes for gas canisters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

First i thought that radios would bring more interactions but...60players with radios?...starting items should stay at 2.maybe there would be 5 items where you choose your starting kit....but i like how is it now....when i play,i always find radios and batteries...sometimes i search those and its kind of mission or task in game

You always find radios but many players don't look for them nor use them. I, personally, have never heard random people communicating via radio in the hundreds of hours I have been playing... It's anecdotal evidence but telling.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, igor-vk said:

I dont know if radio should be starting gear. They are quite common to find on the coast. Bateries should definetly last longer in all devices, at least pristine ones. Same goes for gas canisters.

yeah why not and a battery can be gold though - u can decide to use it in a scope instead! 

I`m excited - I`ve notion this 0.62 is out any day  even perhaps this evening! ;)

Can any confirm if Heli is plan to be in 0.62 or pushed to 0.63 beta?

Edited by Nebulae3

Anyone who played the mod with open global chat knows it's a bad idea to have a whole server on one channel.

People playing music, chat sniping noobs by getting their location, racist and offensive chatter, and trolling/stalking of players on their favorite servers will become the order of the day once more.

• Like 1

A global kill msg. can also be exploited somewhat in Dayz SA - and it`s much better with personal stats like how how many hours u have survived including accuracy stats with different weapons.  

15 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

yeah why not and a battery can be gold though - u can decide to use it in a scope instead! 

I`m excited - I`ve notion this 0.62 is out any day  even perhaps this evening! ;)

Can any confirm if Heli is plan to be in 0.62 or pushed to 0.63 beta?

lol the helicopter ? Haven't you heard ? The devs aren't pushing anything interesting until after beta , the most we will get at this rate is the new animation and player controller (in its most bare bones form) for .63 beta . .62 will hold nothing new  except visuals and audio .

A purely disappointing time for dayz fans , nothing but regurgitated reptitiveness from the devs on these status reports . I have 2k hours logged in dayz but I've stopped dead in my tracks due to this game being nothing but a repetitive time sink of desyncy zombies , vehicles and decent pvp - too bad there's plenty of other games out there with decent pvp and better overall fluid play , as dayz in this state just isn't fun compared to the plethora of other games that have spawned in the time dayz has been in this grey state limbo .

I never questioned the devs until now , and to be honest I think they fucked up bad in the past year of development ; somewhere along these lines they slowed their workpace to a crawl , wether it be due to challenging code that couldn't be worked out quickly enough or too much publicity outings I'm not sure , but what I am sure of is that many people have lost the itch for dayz , and that itch won't come back until the devs give us the product we have all been waiting for for almost threee and a half years now .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Anyone who played the mod with open global chat knows it's a bad idea to have a whole server on one channel.

People playing music, chat sniping noobs by getting their location, racist and offensive chatter, and trolling/stalking of players on their favorite servers will become the order of the day once more.

9 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

A global kill msg. can also be exploited somewhat in Dayz SA - and it`s much better with personal stats like how how many hours u have survived including accuracy stats with different weapons.  

I don't think it's a good idea because... hold on someone is saying something in my real life global chat. Oh, never mind it was just that someone got killed on the other side of the country.

1 minute ago, blackberrygoo said:

lol the helicopter ? Haven't you heard ? The devs aren't pushing anything interesting until after beta , the most we will get at this rate is the new animation and player controller (in its most bare bones form) for .63 beta . .62 will hold nothing new  except visuals and audio .

A purely disappointing time for dayz fans , nothing but regurgitated reptitiveness from the devs on these status reports . I have 2k hours logged in dayz but I've stopped dead in my tracks due to this game being nothing but a repetitive time sink of desyncy zombies , vehicles and decent pvp - too bad there's plenty of other games out there with decent pvp and better overall fluid play , as dayz in this state just isn't fun compared to the plethora of other games that have spawned in the time dayz has been in this grey state limbo .

I never questioned the devs until now , and to be honest I think they fucked up bad in the past year of development ; somewhere along these lines they slowed their workpace to a crawl , wether it be due to challenging code that couldn't be worked out quickly enough or too much publicity outings I'm not sure , but what I am sure of is that many people have lost the itch for dayz , and that itch won't come back until the devs give us the product we have all been waiting for for almost threee and a half years now .

To be honest, you disappoint me. Reading seems to be hard in this community. Well, let's make it all over the world, not only this community.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

I don't think it's a good idea because... hold on someone is saying something in my real life global chat. Oh, never mind it was just that someone got killed on the other side of the country.

To be honest, you disappoint me. Reading seems to be hard in this community. Well, let's make it all over the world, not only this community.

Be obsessed with the game all you want : I went through that phase and can tell you there's far better things (other games included) to spend your time on . When dayz is fully released you have my permission to go full fan boy, but right now it's just as hard defending dayz as it is defending the neo nazis freedom of speech .

• Like 1

Just now, blackberrygoo said:

Be obsessed with the game all you want : I went through that phase and can tell you there's far better things (other games included) to spend your time on . When dayz is fully released you have my permission to go full fan boy, but right now it's just as hard defending dayz as it is defending the neo nazis freedom of speech .

I am not obsessed with the game, at all. It's probably the fact that I'm smart enough that I actually know what game development means and what the process of the development team is. And really, comparing this to (neo-)nazism? Oh boy... As I already said, smart enough.

19 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

That's why the radios have multiple channels.   The default channel will likely end up being similar to that but you'll have the option to change channel or simply turn off the radio.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

Yes, we don`t need global chat at all in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

It`s not a good time to be upset about the game, m8. In weekly basis I felt the exact same frustration - and when Rangers lost to Ottawa in playoffs hockey - it was even worse about two weeks ago. In 2014 it was launched years too early even Frankieonpc1080 mention that not much content to show about Dayz SA. However with new visual, animations, sounds is a great update for 0.62 including map changes. It will be fun to see experimental branch servers full again for the last time until we all hit beta stage! ))

Edited by Nebulae3

Excellent SR!  I'm glad to see all of the progress being made on the forest density/variety - that must be a monumental task!

• Like 4

Fantastic progress! Beans to the Dev's! 

1 hour ago, blackberrygoo said:

<snip> I went through that phase and can tell you there's far better things (other games included) to spend your time on </snip>.

Yet here you are, spending time on that thing you tell other people to not spend time on. I think there is a word for that.... hmm... irony? hypocrite?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackberrygoo said:

lol the helicopter ? Haven't you heard ? The devs aren't pushing anything interesting until after beta 

Helicopters not being added until after full release was confirmed to be false. We will get helicopters some time in beta.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

-snip-l have 2k hours logged in dayz but I've stopped dead in my tracks -snip-

I have less, 100% on purpose.

I see where the game is going to need time to develop and I allow for that time by taking a break and playing/doing other things.

DayZ burnout is a real phenomenon that most of you do not prepare for or recognize as a problem at all.

If you want to be here until the end, hedge your expectations, take breaks, be pragmatic about your feelings attached to a game you put $35 into, and follow the status reports.

If you really get frustrated, try walking away completely, for longer. Maybe then you'll appreciate DayZ more again, when you come back with fresh eyes and a new perspective.

Also, people's preconceived notions of what DayZ is and will be cause them to meltdown or burnout. It's like when you are in a relationship and the other person is thinking it will progress long term and you're just having short term fun. At some point the conflicting ideas clash and someone gets hurt.... In this case it's always the player/tester, who doesn't really understand that they are a tester of anything at all...

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3

Thanks for this SR. The part of Eugene is my quiet highlight, I can feel right how it must be the puzzle parts to form a big picture. Certainly not easy, but it must be gigantic.

The part of Peter made me wonder, oh my god, the old spawn point system, since you have certainly got the Nobel Prize in complex mathematics ^^ sry, but a smaller server load is almost logical with the new system.

The Team with 0.62 .. I see that it is different, the pictures look good, but I can imagine this only when I can see it with real FPS.

Hmm the 'great big stone bridge' , my first thought when I saw it in the picture: "you can jump down there" ... psst... I will test it.

And at Final, the video trip into the region Aussig .. nice .. the surely a great Q & A video ..lol since I am looking forward to more about the great pictures than on the answers. And finally: keep up, I want to die in the beta once again in lack / disease or fear in DayZ.

I hope they redo the fall damage - it should be instant fall damage to avoid the server calculation delay. :)

Edited by Nebulae3

People who are against radios as spawning gear dont seem to be considering a few factors.

1. Not everyone spawns at the same time
2. Not everyone will have a live battery 

3. You can change the channel 
4. You can drop the radio 

5. This is a guaranteed way to increase player interaction, as well as providing a way to communicate about server specific issues (lag, hacking, admin abuse)

Imagine 50+ players talking in the radio at the same time (and its planned up to 100 slots, right?)... I don't think it's very good idea, unless they limited it to a 5km range (which is about 1/4 of the map), not global.

In other hand, what about if the radios could enable a global chat (or area restricted) that shows your message to those in the frequency for 5 seg before disappearing? I think that the mod with those messages that kept going up and never fading were a bit of a immersion breaker.

Also, i think that the radio shouldn't take a slot, it should be a wearable IMO.  IRL radios are attached to your belt/waist area.

What do you guys think?

Edited by icrush

1 minute ago, icrush said:

Imagine 50+ players talking in the radio at the same time (and its planned up to 100 slots, right?)... I don't think it's very good idea, unless they limited it to a 5km-10km range, not global.

In other hand, what about if the radios could enable a global chat (or area restricted, maybe 5km) that shows your message for 5 seg before disappearing?  I think that the mod with those messages that kept going up and never fading were a bit of a immersion breaker.

What do you guys think?

You would have to be on the global channel i would think.

26 minutes ago, icrush said:

Imagine 50+ players talking in the radio at the same time (and its planned up to 100 slots, right?)... I don't think it's very good idea, unless they limited it to a 5km range (which is about 1/4 of the map), not global.

In other hand, what about if the radios could enable a global chat (or area restricted) that shows your message to those in the frequency for 5 seg before disappearing? I think that the mod with those messages that kept going up and never fading were a bit of a immersion breaker.

Also, i think that the radio shouldn't take a slot, it should be a wearable IMO.  IRL radios are attached to your belt/waist area.

What do you guys think?

I dont think they're talking about leaving the range of the radios as the whole map after 1.0. I know there will be a broadcast station that functions, and that will probably have full map range. But I doubt hand held walkie talkies will. They only increased the current range to try to encourage people to use them more and to increase player interaction. Which apparently is not happening like they hoped, or at least like Hicks hoped. 

I think you need to feel alone in DayZ, at least for a little while (no radio at spawn).  Everyone starting with a radio doesn't give the feelings that you should be feeling (desperation, isolation).

But, by all means spawn them on the coast at a high rate in firehouse, police stations, cars.  This gives a option path. 

17 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

You always find radios but many players don't look for them nor use them. I, personally, have never heard random people communicating via radio in the hundreds of hours I have been playing... It's anecdotal evidence but telling.

Yeah, that's a great point.  But, it's EA and the environment has been constantly changing.  To me it's more about the final vision and I think a fresh character should feel alone.  Though, I fully agree the game needs better MP comms, and that options should exist fairly early game.