massacrorBKK

More use for the middle mouse wheel with new player controler

Hello everyone, 

Been searching in the forum and couldn't find any entry talking about the mouse wheel. I may have post the idea a long ago (we most likely talking about years ago) but with all the change in the forum, seems I can't find my message neither. Now we gonna have the new player controller so it seems to me the perfect time to post that suggestion again.

Anyway...

So, right now the mouse wheel is used alone to open the action menu and select your action.

My suggestion is quite simple.It would be nice and convenient to be able to configure the mouse wheel in combination with the keyboard when doing your controls.

For example :

Left Ctrl + Mouse wheel = Change your stance from "standing", to "crouch" and then "prone". If we could have the different Arma3 stances as it has already been suggested, it would be even better.

Left Shift + Mouse wheel = Change your character speed from "walking slowly", to "walking", to "jogging", to "running" and finally to "sprinting". That's just an idea. It may be clunky in reality, especially if combine with the stance change explained just above.

Left shift + Mouse wheel when inside a vehicle = changing the gear.

Now a last one.

Caps Lock + Mouse wheel =  Raise or low your voice intensity from whisper to loud shout.

This are some ideas I got, maybe the mouse wheel + keyboard could be use for other things too.

Hope, dev will read this and consider the idea with what they are working on now.

Have a good day and see you in the wild, folks!

Edited by massacrorBKK
  • Like 1

circling the wheel could change the item you have in hands based on your hotkey placement too.