WOLFGEIST

Is there an overview of all of the engine changes somewhere?

Hey guys, I spend a lot of time online correcting people and answering questions in regards to DayZ. Many people are completely unaware that the engine is being completely rebuilt. I was wondering, is there a source anywhere of all of the changes to the engine? An overview of things like new renderer, new physics system, new player controller, etc? It would be very useful in my quest to dispel ignorance related to DayZ. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Just the status reports and other posts on here, leave the developers alone they are working on the game. 

that's right. We can only know eas is officially shared by DevTeam. Everything else is speculation. What we can assume is a comparison of renderer and soundsystem. Here we compare with arma3 which is sound and render-technically possible. Since more can be added but we have no confirmation. The decisive thing is the player controller, this element will only make what makes everything. But we know only a few fragments, too little to make true statements.

In a nutshell: I do not know if it makes sense to preach information. The negative hate scene is waiting for such posts or they put them in the way.

10 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Just the status reports and other posts on here, leave the developers alone they are working on the game. 

Nothing in the OP's question says anything about asking the devs to do it, only if such a list exists.

For example, it seems all the stable branch changelogs are all listed here

It's not exactly what the OP is asking about, but it's a ton of useful information that could be combined with the info on the dev blogs to create something very close to what the OP is looking for.

If anyone is up for such an undertaking and has the time available to do it, I'd love to see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chambersenator said:

Nothing in the OP's question says anything about asking the devs to do it, only if such a list exists.

For example, it seems all the stable branch changelogs are all listed here

It's not exactly what the OP is asking about, but it's a ton of useful information that could be combined with the info on the dev blogs to create something very close to what the OP is looking for.

If anyone is up for such an undertaking and has the time available to do it, I'd love to see it. 

Thanks bud. Yeah i've actually been working on a sort of "FAQ" for common criticisms and so forth that I hear all the time. Get sick of typing them out 20x a day :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

well then you that want to see it so bad, then you guys do it.

Dude what is your issue? It's responses like this that give DayZ community a bad rep. Someone is trying to do something positive for the game and you can't be bothered to even read his post. He is already working on it, since there isn't a comprehensive list already made. Why so rude and condescending? 

9 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Thanks bud. Yeah i've actually been working on a sort of "FAQ" for common criticisms and so forth that I hear all the time. Get sick of typing them out 20x a day :)

Thanks for your input and idea Wolfgeist, and also your support of the game. I would like a list of changes already done and a list of things still to come as well. When I tell people beta is probably coming out this year and they ask me if that means base building, helicopters, etc., and I have no clue what to tell them. I also defend DayZ to friends and people that don't follow the development.  Don't let asshats like Green Grandbob discourage you.

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

Dude what is your issue? It's responses like this that give DayZ community a bad rep. Someone is trying to do something positive for the game and you can't be bothered to even read his post. He is already working on it, since there isn't a comprehensive list already made. Why so rude and condescending? 

Thanks for your input and idea Wolfgeist, and also your support of the game. I would like a list of changes already done and a list of things still to come as well. When I tell people beta is probably coming out this year and they ask me if that means base building, helicopters, etc., and I have no clue what to tell them. I also defend DayZ to friends and people that don't follow the development.  Don't let asshats like Green Grandbob discourage you.

Thanks dude. Love your avatar btw. DayZ and Ultima Online are easily in my top 5 favorite games of all time.In fact, i've pondered the idea of making a UO mod for DayZ when modding is implemented ;)

As for the question of helicopters and base building coming in .63 I don't really know. I know .63 signifies the new engine being in it's first complete iteration and should therefore allow helicopters and base building to be implemented but it will take time to add content. I do think they want to "wow" us with .63 so I wouldn't be surprised if they waited to launch it with those features, but I could also easily understand if complications came up delaying them till later on. The good news is once .63 hits the majority of the heavy work done to the engine is completed leaving the team to really focus down on bug fixes, optimization, and content. 

• Like 1