killer2themx

Ski Jacket

With rain being so deadly now, having waterproof clothing is very important. Unfortunately for your fellow survivor stylists, the only clothes available really are the raincoats. Adding ski jackets would be PERFECT for many reasons!

1. Chernarus is a cold place where it snows, having a ski jacket is important.

2. There is a SKI LIFT in chernarus. I'm not saying it should spawn there, in fact is should spawn just like a raincoat.

3. Ski Jackets are WARM and WATERPROOF. 

We need these! They are crazy easy to add! 

7 minutes ago, killer2themx said:

With rain being so deadly now, having waterproof clothing is very important. Unfortunately for your fellow survivor stylists, the only clothes available really are the raincoats. Adding ski jackets would be PERFECT for many reasons!

2. There is a SKI LIFT in chernarus. I'm not saying it should spawn there, in fact is should spawn just like a raincoat.

Raincoats are not the only waterproof jackets in game now, firemans jacket and the Gorka jacket also , And don't forget you can stand under a tree to keep dry.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Raincoats are not the only waterproof jackets in game now, firemans jacket and the Gorka jacket also , And don't forget you can stand under a tree to keep dry.

Yeah but there is a limited amount of civilian waterproof clothing. I don't see why a ski jacket shouldn't be included, but I don't think it should be a priority.

2 hours ago, Zyriun said:

Yeah but there is a limited amount of civilian waterproof clothing. I don't see why a ski jacket shouldn't be included, but I don't think it should be a priority.

Well it's all up to the developers, after all if everything players ask for was put in the game i think it would be so bloated as to be unplayable. like i said in the end it will be up to the developers what the game will be.    

PS. Remember we don't own dayz standalone, we just bought a copy to play.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
to add more to post
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, killer2themx said:

rain's not nearly as deadly now as it was.  hypothermia takes a LONG time to happen now compared to before, and doesn't kill you as fast as a snakebite anymore.  get under a tree, build a small fire, and you'll be warm and dry in a matter of minutes.

More clothing options is the LAST thing DayZ needs. Unless you are brand new to the game, survival is laughably easy nowadays. You pretty much have to intentionally make yourself go hypothermic, and even then, if you just keep moving you will be fine. Don't even need a fire to beat the elements really

On 5/11/2017 at 10:37 PM, JBURNS489 said:

More clothing options is the LAST thing DayZ needs. Unless you are brand new to the game, survival is laughably easy nowadays. You pretty much have to intentionally make yourself go hypothermic, and even then, if you just keep moving you will be fine. Don't even need a fire to beat the elements really

So what? The devs assigned to creating items, such as clothing, should just roll their thumbs for the rest of development? Of course more clothing will be added, and a ski jacket is not less of a suggestion, or less reasonable than a pink dress. 

For more waterproof clothing I would like to see water resistant activewear style jackets and pants. These items would not be warm at all but would keep you dry and not take up more than 2 slots each, and weigh close to nothing which would make them very practical (but with an obvious downside) when the weight and stamina system is in place.

maybe they should hand early tools for the community that community could make clothes.let the devs focus on core gameplay.
arch enemy t-shirt for me please.

As @Sqeezorz said, this type of clothes are already in game. I think there are more important thing on focus for the dev actually. Nice idea of @kopo79 to permit to the community to create some project of clothes and present them to the dev.