efurtive

Adaptive V-Sync

Please add Adaptive V-Sync if possible.

I have a computer that can run just about anything at full.

One thing holding my pc back graphically (in games) is fixed V-Sync.

Are there games that have adaptive vsync available in their video settings?

Nvidia adaptive vsync is working if you've Nvidia card. Not sure if AMD hasn't still made it available in their software.

Yeah. The new DOOM has it. A couple of other games of which I can't remember the name of (unfortunately) that I played recently. I don't playing with hardware changes when it's not necessary. But as a separate option to locked v-sync. 

Though maybe that option was available because the game picked by hardware??? Which is NVidia.

Anyway, I'd still appreciate it. :)

The game doesn't have adaptive v-sync or not. It's what your monitor has. For AMD it's Freesync and for Nvidia it's G-sync. Since you have a graphics card from Nvidia you need to buy a monitor with G-sync. That's it.

Adaptive Vsync doesn't need to be supported by the game directly. It can be enabled at the hardware level without much fuss. The fact that some games have it available in the in-game menu is sort of redundant. All it does is turn Vsync off when FPS dips below the monitor's refresh rate so as to reduce stuttering.

However, based on your post it doesn't seem that you're talking about Adaptive Vsync at all. As someone else pointed out, what you may actually be after is AMD/Freesync or Nvidia/GSYNC. Those require a special monitor that has a variable refresh rate and can communicate with the graphics card to match the refresh rate with the frame rate of the GPU. Those monitors are expensive, but from everything I've seen, worth it if you can afford it. You could also simply opt for a monitor with a higher refresh rate than 60hz. Most commonly, the next step up is 120hz, but I've seen monitors out there with a 75hz refresh rate and I'm pretty sure there are a few other oddball numbers floating around.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

ColdAtrophy: He could buy BenQ latest gaming monitor with 240 hz refreshrate. However if he dosen't have a gtx 1080ti or crossfired RX 580's he wont be pushin no 240 fps in cherno :)