Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.138957

Hello Survivors!

We are pushing out 0.61.138957 from Experimental to Stable branch.

What is new?

• fix for client freezes when moving with a light source
  • fix for vehicle acceleration stacking when bound to multiple keys

No character or persistence wipe.

If you didn't read the latest Status Report here is it: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-02-may-2017. You can find lot of good information in it!

We are still investigating queue crash. We are discussing this issue further here: 

Do you have an another game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our Feedback Tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues. It is really important.

Thank you!

• Like 11

Baty, are you sure there was no persistence wipe today? My server has had all *UPDATE* most persistence wiped.

Only characters, vehicles, and drums with holes remain - as well as all of their respective inventories. This has been confirmed at sites by coast, mid map, and north. This is on a private shard hosted by Fragnet and no one has access to persistence wiping controls but me.

Edited by Wolf of Thorns

49 minutes ago, Wolf of Thorns said:

Baty, are you sure there was no persistence wipe today? My server has had all *UPDATE* most persistence wiped.

Only characters, vehicles, and drums with holes remain - as well as all of their respective inventories. This has been confirmed at sites by coast, mid map, and north. This is on a private shard hosted by Fragnet and no one has access to persistence wiping controls but me.

I just checked my camp on a private server and everything is there. 

• Like 1

@Wolf of Thorns 

Which seems to be a buggy thing. The whole is on the RP server on which my Thondra also lives already happened. Seems to be a bug in the Hive-System ... there only backups, on the other hand, in the RP-world, there are sometimes quite nasty storms.

• Like 1

Thanks, Bob and Sqeezorz! I got int touch with great support from Fragnet. Server persistence file was somehow corrupted in coincidental coincidence with the Maintenance. We have restored a backup they had handy and all is well in Chernarus once more... well, as well as it can be in the Apocalypse no less!

• Like 2

did the wolf's been taken out of the game we haven't seen any for some time around Tisy and elsewhere? or do we have bad timing ?

14 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

did the wolf's been taken out of the game we haven't seen any for some time around Tisy and elsewhere? or do we have bad timing ?

Wolves are in game, don't worry :).

• Like 2

On 5/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I was wondering the same thing.  been wandering the woods for days now, actively trying to get attacked by a pack of pelts and steaks.  I think the wolves think they're deer.

Wolfs are definitly in the game. Went 2 times to Tisy and each run i had 2 packs of them so I had to pich a tent and barrel to store and tann all those cute animals. Feel free to use what i left there.

P.S.: Everytime i see Wolfs, they are fighting Zombies somewhere in the woods. That makes it very easy to shoot 2 of them before they start atacking me. (its too easy to kill them imho) Maybe they are too busy fighting other AI instead of tracking down Survivors. Maybe nerf their agggro on AI and let them smell Survivors from much farther away. When they came to the game you had allways to fight them when you hear the howlin. Nowadays you can run away without getting atacked. So, I liked them better in the beginning.

Edited by goateswyn

There is an house with 2 entrance and red colour where is not possible to enter, player remain blocked and is not possible to get inside. I tried entering from the side of the player too.

PS

Sorry for any mistake about english language.

49 minutes ago, jostino said:

There is an house with 2 entrance and red colour where is not possible to enter, player remain blocked and is not possible to get inside. I tried entering from the side of the player too.

PS

Sorry for any mistake about english language.

This will change with the new player controller, but right now you can still enter it if you crouch and stand up while walking inside the door. Same goes for exiting this house, and for other buildings with the same door issue. (There's a shed that have one of it's doors like that.)

• Like 1

found wolves!  I was skeptical because I hadn't found any for such a long time, but just ran into some.

also, fires work now in houses!  don't remember seeing anything that this had been fixed, but last night I was able to use a house's fireplace.  specifically, the house beside the water pump in solnichniy.

• Like 2

Has anyone lost his tents or barrels around wednesday? 0n 1 private server all tents and barrels disapeared but not the cars. I only have bases on this server. I thought someone stole it until i realized every single one on the map was gone! Unthinkable that someone found all of my stuff. (~10 barrels and ~10tents spread over the map) Severowner assured me it was not from their side. So i'm confused because noone else seems to notice that.

So last week I noticed a curious event. My friend fell down unconscious, I tried with the CSR compression several times, so his character stand up and move from commands my friend send to him, but on his screen there was the same message "you are unconscious".  :')

1 hour ago, jostino said:

So last week I noticed a curious event. My friend fell down unconscious, I tried with the CSR compression several times, so his character stand up and move from commands my friend send to him, but on his screen there was the same message "you are unconscious".  :')

Yea this is known. I think relogging should fix it for him and he should be alive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Yea this is known. I think relogging should fix it for him and he should be alive.

Unfortunately he respawned dead :')

Just now, jostino said:

Unfortunately he respawned dead :')

Ahh rippo. Bad luck dude.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyDog said:

Ahh rippo. Bad luck dude.

I hope next time we will have more luck. :p

Woo-Hoo!    Stable Release!   Some of the wind sound effects appear close to either ear and stay with your ear as your head turns.   Which feels odd.   Same with wind blowing through trees.   It feels like it's static to the ear rather than environment,   Anyone else seeing black sand bags textures as you get closer to them?

The game looks and sounds great. And seemed less desyncy. Loot was scarce but not hopeless. I got dying of starvation and hypothermic but could overcome both with loot I found.

Problems though:

There are no chickens anymore? This makes it hard to find food as a newspawn. Its also quite annoying to hear birds, squirrels and rabbits chirping away but there are no animals?

Memory crash is still in.

People are still shit? I got shot twice by the same person, who was running around Kamyshovo killing newspawns. Then by another guy who shot me while I was picking apples. I mean, who is really this shitty? Met one nice guy running around with a barrel though  so 1-3.

No spawns to the west is not so good as the repetition of running the same roads between deaths is quite boring. I thought the devs would have understood this by now? Its not doing any good either. Just a longer stretch for plebs to run.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.