Sign in to follow this  
JBURNS489

Any Plans to Fix Apple Trees?

I have seen a lot of posts for suggesting a fix, but I haven't seen or read anything official saying they are aware and/or plan to fix apple trees. Did I miss something, or is there actually no official word if apple trees will ever be fixed? It's hard to call DayZ a survival game when all you need to survive is 1 apple tree and a stone knife to survive indefinitely....

I think it probably goes without saying that it'll be fixed. No doubt it'll be fixed automatically by the new player controller, since that handles interactions, but even if it isn't I'm sure the devs are aware of it.

• Like 1

I didn't think about the new player controller...hope you're right!  :)

10 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Yes the apple trees are going to be fixed you go up to them and give them a kick and 15 apples drop to the ground.LOL

... with a chance to break your food :)

Oh that would be perfect.   

Imagine the the reaction when glitchers set off 4-5 swarms.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valdark said:

Oh that would be perfect.   

Imagine the the reaction when glitchers set off 4-5 swarms.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 5/4/2017 at 5:16 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

You could get a chainsaw in game and cut down all the apple trees that way you could fix the apple trees LOL

If only there weren't entire orchards that respawn on server restart in every major port city.

I tried this once with an axe.   I crashed the server.... thankfully they've fixed the issue that caused said crash but it would take an army of lumberjacks to make this happen.    

Please don't 'fix' apple trees. Or if you do, make trees have 'X' amount of apples that randomly spawn in each tree or something.
I hate the mechanic whereby you have to ponce about in that animation x10 times to get message:
You have found not a thing x9
You have found something! x1 .......bang.....Bullet to the head.

If I was hunting for apples to eat, I would look at the tree first, then shake fuck out of it to release loose apples or pick up windfalls, which will come i a variety of states of freshness.
So when I mash the preset button I have for interact with tree, I get 15 apples in 10 secs or as long as the animation takes to finsish.
Now to me this feels like shaking the tree, or ripping a branch off thats laden with apples.
I would not sit there for ages, pissing about to find 2 apples. I find that offensive and just really crappy gameplay.
It would take any of us seconds to ascertain roughly how many apples are in on apple tree, we may not be 100% accurate, but we can be safe in the knowledge that if we see some apples in a tree, there will be more.
Like I say I would , climb, cut shake or rip off branches to get at those juicy sweet apples.
So rather than change how we get apples, just make a tree randomly spawn apples, half the tree or quarter the amount of trees trhat have apples, but keep some sort of button masher to relive the tree of its apple-ee goodness.

Don't ruin the game further by fucking with the trees, when simple things like HOW TO HOLD KNUCKLEDUSTERS PROPERLY are far more important for realism..IMO.

There is much more important things to do on Dayz that fuck about with the apple trees..I do get your point OP and do agree, but please lets not overburden the Devs with demands to ''Fix apple trees'' fuck the apple trees, egt cars working, helis in the gamem get rid of that utterly bollocks Compass or the huge fail of unfixing use or scope as monocular! wtf is that all about? sorry I ranting...I do love this game and passionate about where Devs should focus their attentions.

• Like 1

map with apple trees....got to say that,maybe there is too much apple trees.:D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

map with apple trees....got to say that,maybe there is too much apple trees.:D

I don'think so , but we will see what the new map will bring.

You don't have to pick apples if you don't want to so no problem then.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
to add more to post

World containers.

This thread is more than 2 weeks old.

You all are making me sad.

The last thing mentioned about how apple trees and fruit bearing trees will be improved is that they will be turned into WORLD CONTAINERS.

This thread has popped up SO much!!

D:

I feel better now.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
Please read and comprehend the status reports past and present
  • Like 1