stephen27898

Awful Weapon sway

The weapon sway in this game is stupid, people do not draw perfect helix patterns when out of breath, neither do people move this much when out of breath, people also can keep weapons very still while moving and they can also run alot further then the people in this game without being out of breath. I would like to see weapon sway that is much more realstic, maybe take an average person give him a gun make him hold a gun aiming and make him move at multiple speed and motion track the gun to see how much it moves, do the same with him being out of breath and not out of breath, this will give a much more realistic impression of weapon sway and also make it so you can run a deven distance before weapon sway becomes an issue.

Edited by stephen27898

there's a reason why skiing and then trying to shoot straight is an olympic sport.  I'm sure it's because it's so easy.

• Like 4

I think sway should be based on a few things, weight of said weapon, fitness of character(soft skill for stamina), type of equipment or amount of weight character is carrying. Unless trained military personnel or very strong I imagine you couldn't run too far with a AK with a full drum mag and shitloads of other modifications and expect to shoulder it and not have sway unless you're prone with a bipod etc. especially if you have a high cap vest with mags,loose ammo and all the other crap plus a military pack etc etc. Now if you're carrying a pouch or smaller pack like the courier bag with just a T shirt and jeans and a 1911 pistol or SMG then one should be able to run farther and have less sway. that's the way I see it of course stamina should play a part and i do hope it ends up some sort of soft skill you can raise by just moving your toon around. 

• Like 2

I actually love weapon sway in DayZ. It is one of the many gems that separates this wonderful survivor sandbox from all of the CoD deathmatch lobbies out there.

• Like 2

Nice first post. Complaining about stuff you know nothing about. Well done.

3 hours ago, Wolf of Thorns said:

I actually love weapon sway in DayZ. It is one of the many gems that separates this wonderful survivor sandbox from all of the CoD deathmatch lobbies out there.

Same for me, I actually like it so much. The Dayz sway provokes more patience when you are camping... You need to plan and take your time before shooting.

I like the idea behind weapong weight and soft skills!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Same for me, I actually like it so much. The Dayz sway provokes more patience when you are camping... You need to plan and take your time before shooting.

I like the idea behind weapong weight and soft skills!

For me, I like the fact that it makes it more realistic when folks are sprinting around then trying to take aim and shoot. In games like CoD and the other deathmatch lobbies, it's superhumanzoom high reality stuff, instead of giving a realistic take on trying to aim your weapon after you've been sprinting to the point of being out of breath. Try that in real life and see how fast you can shoot accurately when stopping from sprinting on a dime.

This game is just a breath of fresh air from everything out there.

• Like 2

The sway is exaggerated and unrealistic.

However, just for starters:

-your sights are always perfectly aligned with your eye
-front sight, rear sight, target and everything else are always in focus
-you don't have to apply a force of several pounds to your weapon when you pull the trigger
-no flinching
-no wind

Etc. So I see the exaggerated sway as helping to account for those missing challenges. I don't know if that was the devs' intent.

If they are going to significantly tone down the sway, they must add other obstacles to aiming. Clicking on people is pretty easy.

• Like 2

1st post for ranting in the wrong forum.
Will not end well.

People putting their date of birth in forum names has become most popular, probably all the rage nowadays !
Will not end well.

THE END

• Like 1