Sign in to follow this  
Reece D Asbury

Arma 3 Mod, closest to DayZ-SA

Hey guys wondering which Mod on Arma 3 is closest to DayZ-SA ??

Yes I have tried Day z over the last couple of days, whilst it looks visual stunning, and runs  amazingly well (compared to release) it still has what seems the same bugs since launch (Zeds hitting/clipping through walls) (the piss poor melee swings) (and countless other ones I keep coming across, but the game is just completely unplayable in its current state 

But I keep having the itch to play a DayZ type game, and just dont get on with Arma2 anymore, so looking for similar mods for Arma3  

Exile :) 

Exile is pretty sick, especially if the server is well maintained and has missions for times when there aren't many other players online.

The best "survival" mod is Breaking Point, IMO. It has player classes, a grouping system and custom anti-cheat so players can't just glitch into your base and steal your shit.

Exile is a nice clean mod. Easier for scripting, and has lots of improvements to come.

Epoch is decent but i found it just too many errors when running a server. Half the stuff would work or not work.

Arma 3 isn't really a friendly thing to mod, but to play?? it is ok, not anywhere near what Dayz SA is going to be like once completed.

Edited by sneakydude

If you want to join a new RP Server with an old community starting this Saturday (Week from now), come to http://aftermathdayzrp.com/portal.php and check out their new Arma 3 stuff! Pretty neat people, good friends from old communities come together.

Yeah played quite alot of exiles, just hard to find decent servers, which are not to OP with weapons, and good mods

Love Epoch, just it still needs a little more work doing on it, and last I checked most servers on Epoch were only on Atlis, with a few low pop servers on Cherno :(

Not really into the whole RP thing, but thanks Espa, 

Man I just wish DayZ-SA opened up to mod support, so we could have some content, I am amazed how well the games has come along, in terms of "running" (No pun intended) I just want something to actually play for on there :( you guys think we will see mod support before Arma 4 releases ? 

Well that was arma 3 fault for the limits on maps to use. Thanks to Apex, nobody is purchasing it to continue forward for maps like Tanoa. Low numbers playing it, even though it is one of the best maps i have seen.

They need to offer that map for free, just saying....

• Like 1