Sign in to follow this  
joshuabeatdown

Suggestions for items, and new craft-ables.

I would like to see a utility belt. Which would have a holster, spot for pepper spray if added, handcuff slot/handcuff keys, baton, and two magazines. Maybe even a knife, like a pocket knife, which could be added as well. Make it share the slot of vest, and chest holster. I sometimes do police soft RP, even on PvP servers. It would complete the uniform, and add another storage item/loot to get in a police station.

I would also like to see knee pads/elbow pads for the swat type uniform.

Also I would like to see more ways of dealing with retrained players. Like being able to lead them, especially when they have a bag over their head. Have the option of putting them in, and out of cars. It would add more to hostage taking over all for both soft PvP, and RP.

While on the topic of hostages. I would love to see bolas, and some sort of lasso after the physics engine is fixed. Both being relative easy to craft IRL. So it adds more to crafting, and less lethal ways of dealing with players.

More craft-able bags. Such as a hoodie bag. Which you can make with just a hoodie, with smaller amount of room to hold things, or hoodie plus rope to make it hold a bit more. Since with the rope you wouldn't have as much tension on the cloth of the hoodie like if you just made a hoodie bag with the sleeves. I did this a bit as a teen IRL.

I would like to make a leather without a barrel. Also being able to make fur clothing.

I would also like to have craft-able tents with leather, and even some craft-able tents with tarps and rope. The latter adds some more loot to the shed/barn loot tables.

I think there should be more cook-able foods like soup. Where it doesn't mention the meat, so you have the gamble if it made with human meat, or animal meat. Adds another thing to be afraid of, and more for RP moments. It is not hard to make a soup broth IRL, and pots are already in game. As well as cooking times. So you make the broth with bones from animals or fish. Then the next step of adding in meat, and vegetables. Which gives more use for fish, and farming in general. 

Using open barrels to collect rain water, as well as crafting them with tarp, rope/or duct tape, and sticks to make it collect better. Need to use water purification tablets if you don't use cleaner to clean all the materials. So you get more uses for the tablets, and cleaner.

Temporary craft-able shoes. Like using cloth, but when it rains, or are wet are way less effective, but in dry conditions adds some protection over no shoes. It helps bridge the gap when you are unlucky to find new shoes. Also Shoe protectors with tarps, rope/or duct tape to protect shoes from getting wet.

Craft-able anti stab vest made from books, and duct-tape. Adds another use for books, and is/was used as prison armor. Possible from wood as well. This one of my favorite ideas, because it would be fun running around with book armor on the beach to protect my self from pointy sticks, and knifes.

Bring back tin cans, even if just from eating can goods. Make them be able to be crafted with rope, trip wire, and sticks to make a tin can alarm. Also when they are tripped alert zombies to the location. 

This is all I can remember off the top of my head, pretty tired at the moment. I didn't get into too many details for balancing some of the ideas. Just a little bit of minor ideas for balancing. Going to bed now, if I remember any of the rest of my ideas I will add them to thread later.

Edit: I am sure some are already planned, but I don't remember everything off the top of my head. As well I am sure a lot have been suggested, but I didn't want to necro old threads, and search each one. So I just compiled all my ideas in one spot.

Edited by joshuabeatdown
  • Like 1

I agree we need more craftable items. I always assumed crafting would be a big thing in dayz but boy was I wrong usually when I play I only craft the improvised pack and that just a vanity reason not a survival one I might craft a spear too and of course the rock knife(all hail the rock knife). but other than that not really making things out of leather maybe if they gave us more design choices and they could have that attached to level with the skill stuff they are adding. example would be a cat that makes vest all the time and packs and stuff could make ones with higher durability and maybe they could look better and not as shoddy, this would give his character not only that as a reward for surviving working on his skill but give him value. this could go onto other craftables too. but then again why grind skills to make high tier craftables when you can server hop till you find a high cap vest. why craft a pack and hunt the animal make leather etc, when you can server hop and or find a military pack. balancing needs to happen or modding I hope there is a mod where they take out all military shit and keep civilian and craftables and possibly even add more recipes. but who knows most folks do not want a challenge they just want adrenaline and they aren't getting that from grinding skills and crafting and trading they get that from looting dangerous areas and PVP not surviving.

1 hour ago, gannon46 said:

I agree we need more craftable items. I always assumed crafting would be a big thing in dayz but boy was I wrong usually when I play I only craft the improvised pack and that just a vanity reason not a survival one I might craft a spear too and of course the rock knife(all hail the rock knife). but other than that not really making things out of leather maybe if they gave us more design choices and they could have that attached to level with the skill stuff they are adding. example would be a cat that makes vest all the time and packs and stuff could make ones with higher durability and maybe they could look better and not as shoddy, this would give his character not only that as a reward for surviving working on his skill but give him value. this could go onto other craftables too. but then again why grind skills to make high tier craftables when you can server hop till you find a high cap vest. why craft a pack and hunt the animal make leather etc, when you can server hop and or find a military pack. balancing needs to happen or modding I hope there is a mod where they take out all military shit and keep civilian and craftables and possibly even add more recipes. but who knows most folks do not want a challenge they just want adrenaline and they aren't getting that from grinding skills and crafting and trading they get that from looting dangerous areas and PVP not surviving.

I play private servers only these days. I get a better chance to avoid dupers, can have multiple characters without a second account. Better chance of hackers/dupers being cracked down upon. Also I get to avoid server hoppers, and seem to find a bit more loot over all because of it.

But yeah, I was hoping there would be more crafting. A lot of what I listed is pretty basic in terms of crafting, and survival. Hopefully after the engine is finished, and we see the backlog I hope there is more crafting. I want to see more uses for crafting items, and items that are everywhere north that I just gloss over, because I just need to check for items in the clothing, and already have clothing I want. Not to mention it gives uses to the useless clothing besides rags. Things like new craft-able bags help starting out as well, where I have to ditch things, or not pick up things because I have no room. Since I got unlucky, and didn't find a bag, or burlap. When in real life I could make a bag easily. Which I did a lot as a teen. I am not hoping the whole game becomes a craft game over a loot game, I just want to see more uses for loot-able items. Just a basic crafting like now expanded upon. People do craft, and I've seen a lot of people who prefer the improvised bag over others for PvP, because it is low profile.

Only time will tell. I don't remember any of the SR's getting into crafting recently. Would be nice if they brought it up in the next one. So we know their plan on crafting, but it has been awhile since they've talked about crafting.

8 hours ago, joshuabeatdown said:

Craft-able anti stab vest made from books, and duct-tape. Adds another use for books, and is/was used as prison armor.

Beans for this .. im very smiled by read.