Mantasisg

Why it is harder and harder to have interactions ?

17 hours ago, comikz said:

The, "KoS" mentality has been perpetuated through, Streams/YouTube Videos/Reddit and other sites, such as this one. Where most if not ALL gameplay videos, or streams are all about killing other players, killing squads of people, knocking people unconscious and poisoning them, to the point that is all people expect to happen when they play, and see someone, that that someone is going to try and kill them, or they should kill that person. Interactions are one of the most interesting parts of playing DayZ, but sadly, the only thing that occurs in killing on sight, because why do anything else , when the only thing shown or they've seen on the web, is killing each other.

Doesn't that say something to you? that maybe there is many people that enjoy it?

These forums are minor to the players that actually play to have interactions, either in pvp or KOS openly is actually rather fun.

Players like myself can turn the tables and start complaining about "care bear" game play. We don't because pvp is fun, and don't care what these forums have to say.

But i do play all sides of the coin, except Role playing, i am turned off by trying to pretend someone i am not. I don't KOS to grief people, i will turn to help someone out if attacked by more then 1 person. I also don't KOS all the time either.

I did an experiment earlier this year when I started streaming.  I tried to show the other side of DayZ gameplay, the hunting, fishing, cooking, crafting and base building aspect of the game.

For the most part, I noticed that my views only ever go up when the thumbnail shows that I am at Tisy or NWAF, and if there is no action they leave after a minute or two.

Sometimes a viewer would hang around to watch us kill and process an entire herd of cows and pack them into vehicles, but for the most part, nobody wants to see anything but Pew-Pew.

Even Baty drops by occasionally to tell me how boring my streams are, though to be fair, she likely had been talking about how I'm not blabbering into the mic non-stop while I run around Chernarus.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I did an experiment earlier this year when I started streaming.  I tried to show the other side of DayZ gameplay, the hunting, fishing, cooking, crafting and base building aspect of the game.

For the most part, I noticed that my views only ever go up when the thumbnail shows that I am at Tisy or NWAF, and if there is no action they leave after a minute or two.

Sometimes a viewer would hang around to watch us kill and process an entire herd of cows and pack them into vehicles, but for the most part, nobody wants to see anything but Pew-Pew.

Even Baty drops by occasionally to tell me how boring my streams are, though to be fair, she likely had been talking about how I'm not blabbering into the mic non-stop while I run around Chernarus.

I enjoy your streams when i have the time to watch.

I also like that you don't talk too much so i can hear the game you are playing. 

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

There is base building?

I guess we could call tents, barrels and choosing spot as basebuilding at the moment :D

I never played DayZ mod, it is really hard for me to imagine meaning of bases in DayZ, I'm very curious about them when they will finally come in game and how they will work, I hope it will be worth building and rewarding...

6 hours ago, sneakydude said:

There is base building?

You'd be surprised what you can build with a couple dozen mil tents.

• Like 3

I was eating cereal in the guard hut at NWAF / tent-camp. I got shot in the face and killed while eating ^^ 
So rude :)

But that's DayZ, I should have hunkered down a bit and not just chugged down.

Wouldnt it be cool with mechanics that require interaction? Im sure the SA devs will be working on this in the long run.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ander (DayZ) said:

Wouldnt it be cool with mechanics that require interaction? Im sure the SA devs will be working on this in the long run.

I hope...i hope...i hope.....give basebuilding alone no chance (to dangerous alone, i think at the sawmills and strong infected ).

Alone into a military-base... and you see the coast..... dream-phase/ hope.

Really looking into whats up in the long run, but this long run is indeed a long run. Running is quite a thing in DayZ. 

I'd love to run into things more often, than I do now.

7 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Really looking into whats up in the long run, but this long run is indeed a long run. Running is quite a thing in DayZ. 

I'd love to run into things more often, than I do now.

To run into things more often, sprint all the time and put mouse sensitivity as high as you can.  

• Like 2

I'll also try reverse hands trick - left hand for mouse, right for keboard.

It might help to get in more action and interaction.

5 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I'll also try reverse hands trick - left hand for mouse, right for keboard.

It might help to get in more action and interaction.

yes that's what i do and also dark sunglasses while playing .

• Like 1

I see that everything that had to be discussed in this thread, was discussed. :D

Don't forget to play at night people... oh wait......... for some reason night servers are unpopular.... :(  Also people hate rain apparently

Damn comfort zoners.... 

Edited by Mantasisg

yeah...i have seen that happen...there is no really servers with good day to night speed....full day cycle is most popular.
i have also seen that when night is descending in game,server restarts and its morning.
maybe game design should be....amassive amount of infecteds roaming in every city and every militarybase at day...deadly as hell....one hit and you are in danger to get some plague.
at night...peacefull....few stupid infected here and there:D

• Like 1

no

Does infected goes to sleep ? lol

I wonder what would be their morning routine

People are just comfort zoners, I enjoy racing Assetto Corsa, if they would add physics of rain one day, I bet not more that 1/10 servers would run wet tracks. People are boring and only few individuals shines. It is usual. 

Awesome status report, by the way. As it was said game will be becoming a game soon. Meanwhile, it will be really interesting to check 0.62 more realistic growth, I believe soon too.

Edited by Mantasisg

On 28/04/2017 at 3:08 PM, scriptfactory said:

My opinion: wait until modding support is added. Then you will have your interactions and vanilla DayZ will die.

How Ironic that the SA of the really popular MOD needs a MOD to save it's ass LOL

3 hours ago, Jex said:

How Ironic that the SA of the really popular MOD needs a MOD to save it's ass LOL

I don't think it necessarily needs a mod to save it. The problem is people want so many different things from this game. It will never be possible to satisfy everyone with a single solution. :)

• Like 1

It's difficult to have any interactions when all the servers here in Australia only have a maximum of 4 players on it at any time. 

Edited by Jonahhobbes23

1 hour ago, scriptfactory said:

I don't think it necessarily needs a mod to save it. The problem is people want so many different things from this game. It will never be possible to satisfy everyone with a single solution. :)

In this state yes.but in this huge map have possibilities for everyone.

• Like 1

people have learned to survive dayz SA, by going on low pops or hiding on high pops or don't play at all so that the killers can't find them. some who are good at dayz have no trouble defending themselves, but players like me have gone to private servers. Some of the players who played in the past quit dayz because it was harder to find players to kill or they got tired of getting killed. There are as many stories why as there are players .   

Just now, green_mtn_grandbob said:

people have learned to survive dayz SA, by going on low pops or hiding on high pops or don't play at all so that the killers can't find them. some who are good at dayz have no trouble defending themselves, but players like me have gone to private servers. Some of the players who played in the past quit dayz because it was harder to find players to kill or they got tired of getting killed. There are as many stories why as there are players .   

yeah, I´d been playing in a private server with 30-60ppl most of the time and have been alive for like 2 months already. Only approached to like 5 people in that time, seen a lot wandering around, but when you know how to move around without being seen is rare the case when you pop into pvp players, and when you do is as much of a surprise for you and for them, so they run to find cover before trying to shot you, and by that time you are already gone.

43 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

In this state yes.but in this huge map have possibilities for everyone.

Agreed. Map is sooooo huge, even with vehicles it is huge. Even though I have had very little luck with vehicles (vehicles are way too complicated to get and too buggy to use for a lonewolf).

Gameplay could easily be adjusted in a way that some areas would have high density, and others - really low, I think coast should always have medium player density. As there are most chances to have interactions between lower, or lowish geared players but it has  to be done in a clever way and somehow.

I'm sure devs are working on this. Or has plans. But I'm worried because last year was exactly the opposite - there is no order at all. Everything is just everywhere. But hopefully a lot of things will fix things.

Back seat dev alert, you may be sick of those things, but these will/would boost things quite a lot.

- Bringing back creative players. To have fun in dayz creativity is a must. Uncreative players are the ones hiding in the bushes and kos'ing all the time. 
- Where and what kind of loot is possible to find. For example in Berezino there were a car scrapyard - a lot of encounters happened there because it was known guns spawning place. Berezino got revised - scrapyard gone, encounters gone too. A lot examples like that. I don't see any "iconic" encounter spots at te moment, maybe I just haven't got acquainted with them, as they are very much inlands probably. 
- Vehicles. And actually usable vehicles, not over complicated to build, not 1/100 chance to get some wheels. I wish at least bike will be relatively easy to find and run. But knowing DayZ, there will probably be 10 in the map, and all already taken and hiden somewhere.
- Flying vehicles will bring some hardcore stuff.
- Radios functioning well, and people actually using them (hopefully in next patch), it would be huge interaction and communication boost. But if only comfortable and popular. I'd like to have a battery or a radio when spawning.
- Boats and both islands, prison island with heavy loot like it used to be !
- Most importantly more people in servers, but without chopping features too much - I suppose it is huge task for devs, for example extremely quick dead body despawn time, finding dead body is interaction too.

Can't wait for Devs to pull their cards out, it has been too dry for so much time....

• Like 1