Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.138957

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
You see, DayZ is a blind hottie, and I'm a creeping Lionel Richie, and .62 is the clay head.
  • Like 3

No exp updates? topics? been since april 27th. Whats slowing down progression?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

No exp updates? topics? been since april 27th. Whats slowing down progression?

They talked about that in the SR before last i think. 

• Like 1

They've had to make a decision to Jury-Rig their legacy sound system to provide Directional Environment Audio, or have to build a completely new system for it for Beta. . 

It's likely they're building that new one. What worries me is they said they were supposed to have .62 on EXP the Second Week of last month. . Now it's at that point a month later. 

*Tired sigh* 

• Like 6

Been playing a bit on the 3rd person server cause I cannot find the first person one. Got into some fog weather up on the NE highway area that was amazing, 50 foot visibility and very real looking.

• Like 1

UK 0-5 this are one 1pp  the oder are a AU (australia) ... the number are not in my head, because i have at this ping over 380.

15 hours ago, Espa said:

They've had to make a decision to Jury-Rig their legacy sound system to provide Directional Environment Audio, or have to build a completely new system for it for Beta. . 

It's likely they're building that new one. What worries me is they said they were supposed to have .62 on EXP the Second Week of last month. . Now it's at that point a month later. 

*Tired sigh* 

I thought they merged the tech from Arma3 to use as sound?

21 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I thought they merged the tech from Arma3 to use as sound?

If I recall correctly, they did merge the Eden sound tech from Arma 3 into the game so I'm not sure exactly what Espa is talking about myself.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

I thought the sound was merged too.

Best i step out, say little. just WTF! :)

I'll source it in a minute, but they've only added the gunshots audio from Arma 3. They plan on delivering new sounds for forests, night time, new ambience, and much more. Check out the last 2 SRs, guys.. 

The reason .62 isn't here is because their new sounds were crashing the game on their legacy sound system and Eugen stated they had 3 options, but landed on building the new tech for Beta.

0.62 Strike Team Update & Development Story

This time, it’s a story AND a progress update - yay!

0.62 patch was originally planned for delivery (on Experimental branch) during the second week of April, but due to complications and cooperation on engine milestones, it became apparent that we needed to close them sequentially, rather than working on both at once. Remember that only small team is working on 0.62 at the moment, as almost all of us are focusing on BETA/0.63 delivery.

However, back to the topic at hand. Originally, that shouldn't have been that much of a problem. As we started testing the 0.62 update, we quickly found out that when we enable the new positional environmental sounds (basically the reworked Arma 3 tech introduced with the Eden Update that is becoming a part of Enfusion Engine platform), we encountered a crash.

The crash itself manifests when you switch window focus fast enough during startup, but it can manifest at any point, this is just the easiest way to get it. The crash is based around file system and resource management of our engine - one of the last remaining parts that are not rewritten for DayZ yet.

We have a couple of options now: We can either rework the content to work with the old system to make the new sounds function, but lose the ability for positional audio in environments, or fix the bug in the resource management and make the old system work with the new content and data.

We can also rewrite the system completely to get the pattern of these crashes fixed on the platform as a whole.

It might look like a small thing, but the positional environment audio makes the game much more immersive. And the issues go much deeper than that, as the same system might be causing some console performance issues (and more). To get an overview and make a right decision requires fast, but actionable intel. These things happen often when working with older technology, especially when you are in a process of refactoring it as well.

https://trello.com/c/xxn9t08Q/56-new-zed-sounds-wip

https://trello.com/c/nReWelTZ/79-new-ambient-sfx

Edited by Espa
  • Like 3

It's a little disconcerting how some of you aren't following the SR's.

It's not that much to follow and lately is full of good info.

• Like 5

@Espa

I still remember being sad when i read that. I saw the Arma 3 update with their directional environment audio and it was absolutely amazing how much of a difference it made compared to the previous update.

It'll be worth the wait tbh.

p.s im feeling very optimistic this week. fingers crossed x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyDog said:

@Espa

I still remember being sad when i read that. I saw the Arma 3 update with their directional environment audio and it was absolutely amazing how much of a difference it made compared to the previous update.

It'll be worth the wait tbh.

p.s im feeling very optimistic this week. fingers crossed x

I'm very optimistic for tomorrow's news! I hope that they've made a lot of headway with Beta and figured out what they're doing with .62.

I'm not fully against them combining .62 and .63 into a larger update if it's more concise and finished, but I can't deny wanting to play some new and shiny now xD 

• Like 1

Ah ok, I think I was having an early morning brain fart xD derp derp derpy deerrrrrp

• Like 1

The merge of the Eden audio update only covered gunshots sounds and explosions, because that is what was covered in the Eden update for Arma 3. So the sound engine was only partly modified.

• Like 5

I`m positive - I`m looking forward to the 0.62. It will be christmas for those who enjoy the exp. branch servers so most servers are going to be full again. 

The Arma3 Eden sound are by the relaunch on arma not completet.

Its are the beginning of new sound systems. This soundsystem can only good work with the Map if the system have parameters on the textures for work fine.

Point 10 from here:

https://arma3.com/news/top-10-arma-3-eden-update-audio#.WRnz_b1CTqA

The new sound engine, with its architecture of sound objects, has massively increased the level of audio customization, which is beneficial for us, but also to modders. Furthermore, the new system also unifies all of the audio features we have ever used, making it much easier to understand how sound in Arma works. Last but certainly not least, one of our amazing community members, Megagoth, is taking care of the public documentation, which will appear on the Community Wiki soon (a massive thanks for his help!).

All in all, the Eden Update represents an important step forward when it comes to Arma 3's audio. And even though this update is primarily focused on audio features related to shooting and explosions, there will be plenty of additional improvements to other ares of the game's audio in the coming months. A new era of Arma sound has begun!

Of course, the best way to experience the upgraded audio is by immersing yourself. You can do so after installing the recently released Eden Update, which is a free platform update for all owners of Arma 3.

Besides the new Audio Upgrade, the Eden Update also delivers a brand-new 3D Scenario Editor and Launcher-Based Server Browser. Want to know more? Check out 'Top 10 – Eden Update: Eden 3D Editor' and 'Top 10 – Eden Update: Server Browser'.

New Engine/ need new sound features.

20170515223838_1.jpg

20170515223304_1.jpg

The sky is amazing with very high quality on clouds even with rain this evening! :)

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, PongoZ said:

Been playing a bit on the 3rd person server cause I cannot find the first person one. Got into some fog weather up on the NE highway area that was amazing, 50 foot visibility and very real looking.

Ya, no one is going to sniper me from a mountain in that soup. It will be a seriously fast fight if I run into anyone though, due to the short range. I heard some zombies ahead and ran into 4 close to each other and found later that I was just outside that little base south of NW airfield. I wouldn't  (or would) be caught dead in that open field right there on a clear day.

exp. servers down a good sign for new content update? :)

Happy natioonal day by the way in Norway 17th of May! ))

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 9:36 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It's a little disconcerting how some of you aren't following the SR's.

It's not that much to follow and lately is full of good info.

Lol , it's the same shit week after week after week , can you really blame them? Dayz devs like to talk so much that everyone listens , but only for so long becuase we know that most of the info is either going to take another year to become reality and they will talk about it every damn status report they get , or that it won't happen at all and plans will Change completely (like how they now want to redo the audio completely - which is NOT necessary and just puts us further away from beta) .

dayz devs did it right at the start, but now they are just stalling - for what I do not know .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackberrygoo said:

Lol , it's the same shit week after week after week , can you really blame them? Dayz devs like to talk so much that everyone listens , but only for so long becuase we know that most of the info is either going to take another year to become reality and they will talk about it every damn status report they get , or that it won't happen at all and plans will Change completely (like how they now want to redo the audio completely - which is NOT necessary and just puts us further away from beta) .

dayz devs did it right at the start, but now they are just stalling - for what I do not know .

Eat a snickers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Eat a snickers.

Heh yeah; "Why wait!".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Have you ever thought that the old audio engine isn't letting them accomplish what they're wanting to do so they had to redo it so they can do the things they want to do on the audio side of the game??? 

Edited by LordBlackwolf

5 times today connection lost.:(

and dying and weapons work perfectly in this patch.killed on sight two times in 1 hour.

Edited by kopo79