Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.138957

Hello,

It is time for a new Experimental update.

What is new:

• fix for client freezes when moving with a lightsource
  • fix for vehicle acceleration stacking when bound to multiple keys

Have a nice day guys!

• Like 9

Thanks Baty! :D We really appreciate these updates!

Is there any word on Gas Lamps? I've really been wanting to use them again, but their lighting doesn't ever work for me for months! Will this be getting replaced or fixed? :o

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

fix for vehicle acceleration stacking when bound to multiple keys

This made unsticking vehicles MUCH easier for one thing.

It also produced more authentic feeling driving for some vehicles, although that may just translate to "more arcade like".

RIP super bus too.....

I honestly hoped this exploit might stay until vehicle physics and physics in general were more polished/nailed down.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 6

I was unaware of the double acceleration, but the acceleration feature is largely used to get vehicles unstuck because they are super sensitive to even the slightest inclines in geometry. Is it imperative to remove such a thing while vehicle-geometry issues continue to be a major issue? Just a thought... 

• Like 1

how are boars coming along? :-)  I miss portable bacon.

Edited by Red_Ensign
aliens
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

how are boars coming along along? :-)  I miss portable bacon.

They were removed because some players have abused them ... because there were no vehicles ;)

uh43048,1262644657,wtf_und_Fail_Bilder__

• Like 13

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This made unsticking vehicles MUCH easier for one thing.

It also produced more authentic feeling driving for some vehicles, although that may just translate to "more arcade like".

RIP super bus too.....

I honestly hoped this exploit might stay until vehicle physics and physics in general were more polished/nailed down.

I have a different trick for un-sticking cars which is actually more effective:

Remove 3/4 wheels (you might need to play with where the 1 remaining wheel should go), and the car goes into "slide mode" which is somehow meant to simulate not being able to control your car when 3/4 wheels are destroyed...

It allows you to pivot your car basically through obstacles that otherwise have you completely stuck (like a garbage pile).

This is related to "vehicle spinning" I believe, so it might get patched out soon.

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 2

20170428104747_1.jpg

(near Cherno.)

An early morning a brief experimental session - I would like to talk about loot though. I still think the loot table balance is way off, because it`s a struggle to find anything especially food which is so important in the beginning of this game near the coast, and for new players in Dayz SA - to pick apples is not a fun method to sustain yourself since food rarely spawn unless you go through every building in Cherno for instant which is time consuming. And most players just don`t do that, because the good loot is west and north from Cherno. My point is let it be hard to find ammo and weapons, but food and basics like clothing should have a better or higher % chance to drop in civil buildings, @Hicks_206 (DayZ).

I`m also curious after soon 5 months (soon May) after christmas in 2017 - any eta about the new 0.62 content on experimental branch servers? 

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nebulae3 said:

especially food which is so important in the beginning of this game near the coast

Until they make them world containers, apple trees and berry bushes will easily get you healthy enough to move if you have some patience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nebulae3 said:

(near Cherno.)

An early morning a brief experimental session - I would like to talk about loot though. I still think the loot table balance is way off, because it`s a struggle to find anything especially food which is so important in the beginning of this game near the coast, and for new players in Dayz SA - to pick apples is not a fun method to sustain yourself since food rarely spawn unless you go through every building in Cherno for instant which is time consuming. And most players just don`t do that, because the good loot is west and north from Cherno. My point is let it be hard to find ammo and weapons, but food and basics like clothing should have a better or higher % chance to drop in civil buildings, @Hicks_206 (DayZ).

I`m also curious after soon 5 months (soon May) after christmas in 2017 - any eta about the new 0.62 content on experimental branch servers? 

Keep in mind, it is the apocalypse, stuff is supposed to be hard to find, specially food because people pick it up. :) Things like apples are a natural food resource which makes it one of the best food resources there is. There is also enough animals roaming the map, specially chickens, they are everywhere.

I sincerely hope that loot will be even harder to find in the future and I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case.

• Like 5

Done a couple of fresh starts and the loot seems fine. Pretty empty servers though so maybe that would effect it.

Wolves seem to be nearly invulnerable to 9mm..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

Unfortunately servers will be low until something big drops.

I claim that it is not even something "big" needs .... the Sedan by a "new vehicle" to replace and the servers will be full.

If I am wrong I throw my glass ball into the garbage bucket.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:27 PM, IMT said:

Keep in mind, it is the apocalypse, stuff is supposed to be hard to find, specially food because people pick it up. :) Things like apples are a natural food resource which makes it one of the best food resources there is. There is also enough animals roaming the map, specially chickens, they are everywhere.

I sincerely hope that loot will be even harder to find in the future and I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case.

Personally, I don`t mind it - I guess it is suppose to be a struggle to survive the apocalypse. I was playing on an empty server UK 5 experimental so I doubt anyone have picked it up. Food just drop rarely in consider the amount of civil buildings & cars you need to loot before you find something. But I am not too certain what the general opinion is about that topic since I usually watch steam stats and keep track and the amount of players and interest for the game. 

I`ve always had the impression since I played this game on day 1 in January 2014 - it was released two years too early. But the game is both fun and exciting - it just lack content and things to do in this game, and I`m curious if we are closer for a new update to the experimental branch. In the old arma 2 dayz mod. you had things to do like going to Berezino industrial area to gather resources to start building your base and secure your precious loot - even though it was a simple crafting system.

I hope they add Base building soon it creates a lot more traffic all around the map and that is healthy when you`re a new dayz player trying out for the first time and actually see other players near the coast and that is a fun experience.

Edited by Nebulae3

On 4/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, Girth Brooks said:

Awww no more double turbo

Just about the worst DayZ development news in a long, long time.

3 hours ago, koffeekage said:

YALL GOT ANYMORE OF THEM EXPERIMENTAL PATCHES?

Pz8FPUk.jpg

I think we'll get our fix pretty soon. 0.62 has been up for the "TEST" server for about a week now.
169hx5y.jpg

• Like 6

I think the Devteam have now a big focus to solving the problems  with crashes from 0.62 intern patch.

....wait is everytime hard

Lol... @odin_lowe same brainstorming, but very slowly with translate :-)

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I think we'll get our fix pretty soon. 0.62 has been up for the "TEST" server for about a week now.

and the 0.63 "TEST" server has been up longer than that:

KCOqKNjMJF7w17M1f15H3D51wd0G-l7VzsNREiyK

https://www.dayzspy.com/server/108.61.159.251:2305/live

I wouldn't use the dev's test servers as any indication for when a new experimental patch will be out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

and the 0.63 "TEST" server has been up longer than that:

KCOqKNjMJF7w17M1f15H3D51wd0G-l7VzsNREiyK

https://www.dayzspy.com/server/108.61.159.251:2305/live

I wouldn't use the dev's test servers as any indication for when a new experimental patch will be out.

Well, honestly I never had the "TEST" server with 0.63 in my favorites, but I've had the original TEST server for experimental branch since early 2014, and every time I saw it appear, between a few days to a few weeks the new branch was up on the Experimental servers. That happened 99.9% of the time, for the past 35+ major experimental patch, so I'd say it's a good indication.  ;) 

But, suit yourself! 0.62 will never come out!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Well, honestly I never had the "TEST" server with 0.63 in my favorites, but I've had the original TEST server for experimental branch since early 2014, and every time I saw it appear, between a few days to a few weeks the new branch was up on the Experimental servers. That happened 99.9% of the time, for the past 35+ major experimental patch, so I'd say it's a good indication.  ;) 

But, suit yourself! 0.62 will never come out!! 

Easy bud. I'm just slowing the hype train down a bit. If the latest SR is anything to go by 0.62 will hopefully be out soon.  

Since this is a .63 update and not .62 it doesn't really give any indication. .63 has been worked on for a long while now, it's the biggest update that DayZ will probably ever get all at once, which is why it could take many more months for them to finish it.

I'm really hoping for .62 to come sooner rather than later, but .63 (and aircraft) are what I'm really waiting for. Once base-building finally gets implemented, this game will explode with long term playability.

#WhenDoAircraftArrive?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Easy bud. I'm just slowing the hype train down a bit. If the latest SR is anything to go by 0.62 will hopefully be out soon.  

No worries. I'm never on hype trains, and have been sharing new versions of the "TEST" server on the forums for the past 3 years now. That's all. (And will continue doing so until Experimental is a thing of the past.)

• Like 6