Exxoduss

You Have got to be kidding me!

Gentleman- I dont understand what in the world you call stable branch on these servers... I got the early access under the prerequesite that the game would be somewhat playable! This is not very funny, I dunno why you must and insist to torture your members? I can understand on the expiremental servers, but I dint buy this game to goto work after work for someone that will lock you out of servers for 8-14 hours if you belly ache about anything in any media and they see it (notice I dint say "read it") Im not even sure if posting what happened will help at all.. you people think that we are your personal slaves to test out any ol thing you can dream of as long as it does not pertain to progress.

Just for Educational value I will try to spell my story out so you can read it. 1 At military base for loot. 2 find ak 74su (nice) 3. look around for a clip for it. 4 Find tons and tons of 5.45 mm rounds laying everywhere. 5. find a clip for a ak 101 or equivilant 6. continue to search till i reach the other side of base and find tons and tons of fx clips but in the last plaace i look I find an AK 101. 7 Excited that maybe I can marry the two together I go back to get the clip I found in note no. 5 8. I arrive and to my dismay but disbaalief items have respawned and changed and no clip for the rifle or any rifle save the FX pistol.  9. Irritated I get ready to leave 10. to my dismay I all of a sudden cant look left or right with mouse and can only control my left or right turn by key board strokes. 11. My sound goes click and stops working out of no where. 12 a zombie sees me and I attempt to avoid it becuase it super pissed and is hitting me 3 smacks per strike. 13. I find a ladder but finding it super hard to climb becuase the game is not aknowledging my use command while the climb icon is visible. 13. the 4th volley of triple strikes land and the zombie moves alittle and I succsefully grab onto the ladder. 14. I climb two rungs and his 5th furry of retardness hit home and Im dead. 

I was under the impression that the game was going to be stable to the point of not having an onslaaught of unplayability. I can understand you people working on the game and changing mechanics to trouble shoot known issues and stability coding. But is it possible to tune it down a hair becuase I did not buy this game for a programmers entertainment to show his co workers what he can do to live players in game for a happy hours drink inbetween work shifts to celebrate how hard he has worked on the game. I know my time means absolutly nothing to you as your life means absolutly nothing to me. Your work ethics are your and your employers buisness UNTILL you start thrashing my time on synchronicities.

Srry if I came out alittle brash but I dont think Dean "Rocket" Hall or Brian Hicks designed this game for the programmers or employees to play god or to player hate for thier  sole entertainment but for EVERYONES  to enjoy an idea he had which turned out to be a terrific upheave in computer game models everywhere. I dunno if you noticed But the rating have dropped in steam. but for some reason other early releases with the same intentions if not copy cat intentions for a quick buck and leaches off of your idea- There ratings are staying stable. Can we please behave like grown adults?

Thank you.

I appologize- I love your guy's game, I just felt a little cheated and spur of the moment temp insanity of backlash channeled through me.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Exxoduss said:

I appologize- I love your guy's game, I just felt a little cheated and spur of the moment temp insanity of backlash channeled through me.

i gave you beens for apologizing. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

i gave you beens for apologizing. 

I gave you beans for explaining your beans.

@Exxoduss Okay.  Now that I got to properly digest your story, I have a few notes of my own.  
1.  It is impossible to buy or play this game without repeatedly reading The Disclaimer numerous times.
2.  The CLE is still under development, and there are a few balancing quirks still being worked out.  People didn't like seeing the same shit sitting on the server for half a day, either.  The balance now is that things stay put until you leave the area, and then decay and are replaced when nobody is around to see it happen.
3.  A magazine contains rounds, and feeds them into the action, a clips holds them together for faster loading. (Sorry, had to say it.  If you can tell the difference between a pot and a pan, you can name these things correctly as well)
4.  Your two technical issues remind me a whole lot of things that have happened to me in the past. Like when I accidentally double-tap Alt, and can only keep running straight or sidestep, but can look around freely.  The other is when my microphone shuts off or stops being recognized as an active device.

If you have any further difficulties, please add me on steam, and I can help you troubleshoot.  Same name as here.

Edited by emuthreat
Should we tell him?
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Exxoduss said:

Oh we all feel you. Everyone here has been cheated atleast once by the bugs in DayZ. Whether it be the infamous stair death or the glorious flying vehicles. But in the end the experiences you get from this is priceless.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

I know the pain - me and a friend have been looking for choppers lately but havent found a single one yet 8X - but thats okay we have a good time chatting and just enjoying the dayz sights 8)

11 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

... disbalief items have respawned and changed ...

I dislike this also.

There was a really strong patch in the past without this. It was one of the "no loot" patches. Awesome, thought the CLE is in the final stage.

I talked to a guy with a shovel. "oh you were at xxx? Saw that shovel there yesterday." "Yeah you are right, I picked it up there."

Talking about loot in a city someone crossed before, meant something. Going back to some loot to combine it with new items you found is nearly worthless atm.

No clue why ^^this patch got so much hate.

• Like 1

Loot is fucked and has been for a very long time, I don't agree with your other stuff about the game but loot, in fact, is very very very broken.

There is too much of everything and loot respawning randomly is just the tip of the iceberg. There's too much guns, too much food, too much everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

Loot is fucked and has been for a very long time, I don't agree with your other stuff about the game but loot, in fact, is very very very broken.

There is too much of everything and loot respawning randomly is just the tip of the iceberg. There's too much guns, too much food, too much everything.

Can't test items if they're scarce ;)

• Like 2

I was first posting this to exp.branch topic. But i think this might be better place. If there is such a place for negative feedback in this forum.

"fix for double turbo" ...jeesus. Why fix things like that. When you can't even drive the car at 60/60 server. It's a diashow, lagfest and then you are suddenly flying and spinning through the air or sinking in to the ground with your vehicle. Sure it's nice to  cruise around empty experimental server. But it's totally different story on a full server.

Over 3 years and the dayz gaming experience has gone through some nice visual improvments, but the overall gaming mechanics still feels like someting from the last century. With almost 700 hours of dayz from the day it got released i've sure had enough "game" for my money and i thank developers for that, but it is starting to get harder and harder to believe that there will be a day when you are not an alphatester.

Things could be worse. I could be one of those people who are spending hundreds of dollars for StarCitizen. :)

• Like 1

Your objection and your criticism is certainly not wrong. It is hard to believe that these problems with 0.63 should simply disappear. On the other hand it is so that the current Stable (also Exp.) Is a huge patchworksystem which contains a lot of rust and transmission damage. The current bugs or mechanics which are improved in the old system are only on the hardcode page. Everything else simply makes no sense. And what works with the factory version or helps, is in the old system only little or not so helpful. A thirsty way lies in front of us, but there is still a life outside of Chernarus, the PC does not take us angry if we now where it is warmer, out there and 1 beer drink ... or 2 or 3 ... Or .. hicks.

;<))

I personally gave up testing anything anymore. The Exp guys know what i am talking about. I just cant do it anymore. I am sorry if i let anyone down, but i cant do it anymore.

and vehicles should never have been put to stable.... until all of the engines where put in place, to fix the desync we know.

21 hours ago, Seitan said:

-snip-

"fix for double turbo" ...jeesus. Why fix things like that.

-snip-

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

20 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

-snip-

A thirsty way lies in front of us, but there is still a life outside of Chernarus, the PC does not take us angry if we now where it is warmer, out there and 1 beer drink ... or 2 or 3 ... Or .. hicks.

;<))

So much this.  I am ready for summer to finally come around.

• Like 1

No kidding- I was just in the process of de-winterizing my home, and it just snowed 6" last night here in Colorado...  Brrrrrr. Colorado's weather is Bi-Polar

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

No kidding- I was just in the process of de-winterizing my home, and it just snowed 6" last night here in Colorado...  Brrrrrr. Colorado's weather is Bi-Polar

So that is where all this cold front has been coming from =D

Been trying to cut the grass but the ground is still so wet...

Good to know I'm not the only one having an atypical spring.  I thought I was getting trolled.  It rained throughout the yard debris burn window, was nearly room temperature in early April for a week before freezing hard a couple more times, and now it's finally getting dry and sunny again--now that the grass is halfway to my knees in places.

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Good to know I'm not the only one having an atypical spring.  I thought I was getting trolled.  It rained throughout the yard debris burn window, was nearly room temperature in early April for a week before freezing hard a couple more times, and now it's finally getting dry and sunny again--now that the grass is halfway to my knees in places.

LOL yes, i am faced with the same issues, just it is soaking wet still, but the grass is high.

We had 2 good days and the rest rained. I thought it was summer again, because the first 21 degree day we had i got burnt.

On 28/04/2017 at 8:09 AM, Seitan said:

With almost 700 hours of dayz from the day it got released i've sure had enough "game" for my money and i thank developers for that, but it is starting to get harder and harder to believe that there will be a day when you are not an alphatester.

Things could be worse. I could be one of those people who are spending hundreds of dollars for StarCitizen. :)

That's an interesting idea - have you had your money's worth from a game that hasn't even been released yet? Having to play with the bugs and everything else as well as massively feature incomplete - you haven't actually played the game because the game isn't out yet.

I suppose you could live in your house as it's built, with no roof and you get rained on, your clothes all get soggy and your TV fries lol