Sign in to follow this  
smofi

Zombie type

Hello

I dont know if this has been suggested before...

I was just running in chernarus to a better loot location and decided to take a shortcut through the woods. The sun was slowly setting and fog started to appear as i entered the forest. Got kinda creepy being alone in the forest and started to get a little paranoid since my vision was not that good anymore. Was constantly watching whats around me ( I was in quite a populated area ). As it got even more darker an idea occurred to me. Wouldnt it be horrifying if creepy fast zombie with with some sort of screeching sound would run at you? Maybe have its eyes glowing aswel or something like that.  

These creepy zombies i think also should appear dynamically ( randomly ) at times when its dark, foggy  or both in heavily forest areas. Also they would be faster then humans and maybe not engage at you on sight some sort of stalking to them aswel. Like you might spot them but you have time to run away fast as they slowly try to stalk you and engage when they are really close to you if you dont notice them. Maybe you spot them and they dont engage every time just to strike fear into you and just remind you it is out there..something like that. ISNT THAT A SCARY THING TO HAVE IN DAYZ??  Also this " zombe monster " would keep players out of the forest a little more so the camps people build and make wont be so easily raided. also would kinda force people to work more in groups as that monster can easily kill you when you are alone with no ammo. 

Thanks for the read hope you like my idea.

Edited by smofi

well we do have wolfes and maybe in the future bears aswel...but its supposed to be a horror game aswel and this zombie or even some other zombie types  would add more horror feel to the game. Id rather have that zombie in future updates ( un mentioned in update report as a surprise ) over cathing f**king butterflys and some other suggestions.

Edited by smofi

34 minutes ago, smofi said:

well we do have wolfes and maybe in the future bears aswel...but its supposed to be a horror game aswel and this zombie or even some other zombie types  would add more horror feel to the game. Id rather have that zombie in future updates ( un mentioned in update report as a surprise ) over cathing f**king butterflys and some other suggestions.

Except they aren't zombies, as in undead, they are infected humans with a virus.

8 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Except they aren't zombies, as in undead, they are infected humans with a virus.

in other words ... a zombie.

17 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

also i bet that every time you play dayz instead of calling them zombies you are like " hey look undead infected human with a virus is running at us "

Also -.- virus can have forms of mutation to it aswel and stuff. Like hey DR. scientist tell me more about the virus and what it does exactly.  FOr all you know there might be even a cure for it.

Edited by smofi

22 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

1 more thing. Instead of giving feedback on the idea itself whether its good or bad or your toughts on it.     You say that. *arrow pointing up *

24 minutes ago, smofi said:

1 more thing. Instead of giving feedback on the idea itself whether its good or bad or your toughts on it.     You say that. *arrow pointing up *

Nope, still not a zombie.  They are not dead

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Nope, still not a zombie.  They are not dead

D*ck. I dare you to go on every post on this forum that call them zombies and correct them. cuz obviously you got nothing better to do or say. 
Also the zombies not being zombies but infected instead does not really change anything about my suggestion. A slightly different form of the virus perhaps sensitive to light that has developed over time to thoes infected in darker areas of the map/world. Maybe its just your mom on steroids that run off in the forest at night and the virus affected her differently due to having steroids in her system.  Many more scenarios how it could be.

Edited by smofi

1 hour ago, smofi said:

D*ck. I dare you to go on every post on this forum that call them zombies and correct them. cuz obviously you got nothing better to do or say. 
Also the zombies not being zombies but infected instead does not really change anything about my suggestion. A slightly different form of the virus perhaps sensitive to light that has developed over time to thoes infected in darker areas of the map/world. Maybe its just your mom on steroids that run off in the forest at night and the virus affected her differently due to having steroids in her system.  Many more scenarios how it could be.

don't get your panties in a bunch, it's true most players call them zeds or zombies, but the developers of dayz standalone named them infected and it's their game so i go along by what they named them.  

Aside from the typical zombie vs infected controv, I do wish night time gameplay was more intense or sp00ky.

Hopefully the new audio update will spice night time ambience up as well as infected.

5 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Aside from the typical zombie vs infected controv, I do wish night time gameplay was more intense or sp00ky.

Hopefully the new audio update will spice night time ambience up as well as infected.

Same here :) mostly the reason for making the suggestion. Like imagine if you see night coming and know there is a chance you might encounter one of those things.

On 4/27/2017 at 1:25 AM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

don't get your panties in a bunch, it's true most players call them zeds or zombies, but the developers of dayz standalone named them infected and it's their game so i go along by what they named them.  

On 4/26/2017 at 4:54 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Actually if I remember correctly, the creator of the game referred to them as zeds, and few times zombies. More so zeds. Too lazy to crawl through old forum posts. Not like I wasn't here since almost the start of the mod or anything.

1 hour ago, joshuabeatdown said:

Actually if I remember correctly, the creator of the game referred to them as zeds, and few times zombies. More so zeds. Too lazy to crawl through old forum posts. Not like I wasn't here since almost the start of the mod or anything.

They could be called purple elephants, still doesn't make them purple elephants

They aren't zombies, despite the common usage of Zed. If compared to anything, they're the Infected from 28 Days Later :) Which in my opinion is way scarier!

As for custom zeds, just wait for modding! There'll be everything under the sun, then.  I am in agreement that Night time should be tense as hell, in some form or another! 

I'd prefer the wolf packs just quadriple in population and stretch out to the south as well. They're strong and scary already and night hunting makes perfect sense.  

Spoopy zeds yelling at you in the night seems kind of arbitrary, but it'd be neat if their behaviour changed at night, somehow - perhaps a select few (the more 'aware' ones) could go into a sort of hunter mode where they actively stalk players and animals. It'd certainly add extra tension to night time since it's usually pretty safe to loot at night considering the zombies (whoops, I mean infected) are pretty much blind. Then again, I suppose part of the meta is that looting at night is easier in regards to PvE, so maybe that shouldn't be messed with too much.

I'd like to see a greater range of weather types. Heavy fog inland would be nice. Drizzle would be cool as a mild alternative to either full-on rain or thunder storms. Sleet as well - that'd be super dangerous.

Roaming groups of zeds would be great too, as well as zeds spawning inside of buildings.

I don't want to see forced spookiness.

As an aside, I'd really like to see way more animals - particularly small animals like rabbits, foxes and birds. Maybe even something like a muntjac if they're region-appropriate. Chernarus always feels so dead - wildlife should be everywhere. Deer and cows, being fairly easy to kill and yielding a lot of meat and other resources, should still be fairly rare, however.

I would love cities packed with infected that only react to sounds. Way more creepy and scary than screechers to me.

girlwithallthegifts-melanie-zombies.jpg

11 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

I would love cities packed with infected that only react to sounds. Way more creepy and scary than screechers to me.

girlwithallthegifts-melanie-zombies.jpg

You mean like the game Dying light? It maybe something in the future, very difficult performance hits and still is in early development. I don't know if we will ever get 500 infected all chasing you down to be honest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

You mean like the game Dying light? It maybe something in the future, very difficult performance hits and still is in early development. I don't know if we will ever get 500 infected all chasing you down to be honest.

Kinda' like the ones in Dying Light except stationary. They don't all have to be active at the same time. They can have short "attention spans". Only the ones closest to you need to be active.

Edited by scriptfactory

I hope the Devs make the "infected" different. What I mean by this is:

Any kind of "infected" can cause different damage. As an example:

Female infected (sorry for all female players ^^ ) ---> scratches with much bleeding and high risk of infection.

Farmers Infected -> Coarse blows with risk of hand and arm injuries.

Military Infected ---> Major damage to bone system and high shock

... the list can be continued.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I hope the Devs make the "infected" different. What I mean by this is:

Any kind of "infected" can cause different damage. As an example:

Female infected (sorry for all female players ^^ ) ---> scratches with much bleeding and high risk of infection.

Farmers Infected -> Coarse blows with risk of hand and arm injuries.

Military Infected ---> Major damage to bone system and high shock

... the list can be continued.

that would be nice :) rather than having 1 type of "zombies" everywhere even the difference in damage type could make things more interesting-

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 3:54 PM, Guy Smiley said:

But the game is called "DayZ" for a reason.... It's not called "DayIHWAV"..... ;)

2 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

But the game is called "DayZ" for a reason.... It's not called "DayIHWAV"..... ;)

Ya, for Day Zero

Well, judging by the wear on the buildings and vehicles, the abandoned nature of the entire game world, and the amount of overgrowth., it sure doesn't feel like Day Zero... More like Day 5400.... :P

Edited by t3h_kgb