Przygodowiec

Stuck in loading screen/ kicked from every server

Hi guys! I've recently bought arma2 and arma2: oa so i've downloaded dayz mod too.

i've installed everything then i decided to run DayZ. I tried to connect to random server with low ping and i got kicked. Tried to connect to other, same thing!

Guys please help me if you can!

Arma2/Arma2 OA/DayZ Mod connection troubleshooting based on info from VinylJunkie of Europa
First, some quick things to try. 

**1. Are you getting a "Session Lost" error?**
>> __Are you using DayZLauncher__?  
If so, The vanilla-based dayzmod servers require you to goto Settings and make sure to check the box "Launch DayZMod as Steam App". You also must have downloaded dayzmod via STEAM at least once.
Make sure DayZLauncher is version 0.1.3.4 or higher. Click "Update Launcher" if not. 

>> __Are you launching from STEAM__? 
If so, then you must use the Arma 2: DayZ Mod link (NOT the Arma 2 OA link)

>> __Did you run STEAM as Administrator__ ?
Right-click on STEAM and choose Run as Administrator.

**2. Did you verify your local Arma2, Arma2OA and DayZMod files within STEAM? **
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma2->Local Files tab->Verify Integrity of Game Files
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead->Local Files tab->Verify Integrity of Game Files
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma 2 DayZ Mod->Local Files tab->Verify Integrity of Game Files

**3. Do you have an AddOns folder in your Arma 2 OA folder? **
If so, remove it. Back in the day players were told to copy their Arma 2 Addons in to the Arma 2 OA folder. Today this will render a "You were kicked off the game" error. 
Your Arma 2 OA folder is probably located here: ```C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead```
There is suppose to be an Addons folder in the Expansion folder, don't delete that.
If you don't have an AddOns folder located in your Arma 2 OA folder, don't worry about it.

**4. Delete any locally cached mission files from here: **
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

OK, if those things don't help, then its time to get serious

**1. Remove and re-download Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from STEAM. I also suggest a reboot afterward.**
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma2->Uninstall
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead->Uninstall

STEAM LIBRARY->Arma2->Install Game
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead->Install Game

**2. Start Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA once time each to the lobby then exit.**
This is neccesary to make sure both games initialize properly and write correctly to the registry. To make them load faster, add these launchparameters: -noSplash -skipIntro

**3. Remove and re-download DayZ Mod.**
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma 2 DayZ Mod->Local Files tab->Uninstall
STEAM LIBRARY->Arma 2 DayZ Mod->Local Files tab->Install Game

**4. Launch Arma 2: DayZ Mod instead of Arma 2 OA in Steam.**
Once Arma have started press Multiplayer and you should see all vanilla DayZ Mod servers.

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
formatting