archaon383

Throwing bug

No idea how to do a proper bug report so ill try this.

I have 2 steam accounts and copies of dayz so 2 chars and both of them throw items behind myself pretty much behind my feet... so grenades are a suicide device but no matter what i throw it does the same thing...

Anyone else had this issue?

20 minutes ago, archaon383 said:

I have 2 steam accounts and copies of dayz so 2 chars and both of them throw items behind myself pretty much behind my feet... so grenades are a suicide device but no matter what i throw it does the same thing...

Going to help you out some. Please make an account here.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

Then post the bug, video anything to help the devs understand it.

Nothing will get fixed unless players post them there.

*i have never experienced this* but things change, and get updated all the time so anything is possible.

• Like 1

Done that but for the life of me i cant figure out how to make a report... its stupidly complicated.

1 hour ago, archaon383 said:

You know you need to hold the throw button for a little while and not just give it a short press? Also there is a key bound to throwing and "empty hands" the latter will simply drop items at your feet.

30 minutes ago, nl said:

You know you need to hold the throw button for a little while and not just give it a short press? Also there is a key bound to throwing and "empty hands" the latter will simply drop items at your feet.

This. The force of the throw is proportionate to the length of time that you hold down the bind key (G in my case). If you just press it, whatever you're carrying will either drop at your feet or you'll do a weedy ass chuck.

Sorry if this isn't the case OP, but the same thing has caught others out.

48 minutes ago, archaon383 said:

Done that but for the life of me i cant figure out how to make a report... its stupidly complicated.

3 hours ago, archaon383 said:

Phabricator isn't as complicated as it first seems - it's just not intuitive at all for newcomers, many of us had the same problems when we first tried it.   They should add text to the icons on the top bar IMO that would solve a lot of the confusion.   Once you're familiarized it's not so bad.

That said, the most basic approach (not including searching for existing bugs) is this: login to https://feedback.bistudio.com/ using the arrow-in-a-box icon at the top right.   Once logged in click the plus + sign which is Create New Task and select New Dayz Bug Report.  Then fill out the form (be as detailed as humanly possible) and click send.  That's it.  It'll be posted on the tracker and the devs will have a look at it.  They'll tell you if it's an already known issue, if it's already scheduled for a fix or they even might ask for more detailed info on how to reproduce it, etc.   Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 6:52 AM, archaon383 said:

Top right is your control bar, the major flaw with that site is linking arma 3 and dayz main pages together, but it is workable.

The top right bar is where you want to post a new bug. Private bug or whatever you wish.

Items fly the way your head is facing, not the direction your body is.

When you doubletap alt when charging up your throw and look behind you whilst you let go of G the item will be thrown behind you.

Could this be what you were doing?