kopo79

spice up the gameplay/realism settings

13 hours ago, kopo79 said:

sound great........how do you feel about playing the game without apples or stoneknife or firedrill kit?...those things are there still but behind some rules.
what server are you playing and how fast there is acceleration?...
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/836952465883849287/C817385CDDB445C85C6913C91E8FDF3D2BB95E5E/

The above I played on a German server with no acceleration, just 1 hour of late evening + 3 hours of night. It has "ohne crosshair" in the name (there is no crosshair).

However, last night I joined your server at dayztv and tried to survive with the following mode: you can't eat any food twice in a row, i.e. if you find berries, you can't just pick berries all the time, you need to switch to some other food (which may be followed by berries).

I gave up on pumpkins but I was forced to eat two apples as I went starving. I have seeds for tomatoes, zucchinis and peppers (and a container - alcohol bottle), but can't find any digging tool. Svetlo and Olsha seem to be stripped clean. I'll give it a try in Krasno but I expect to die of starvation before I make it.

I like the idea that you have to mix types of food (try eating 10 apples in real life). But we came up with so many rules that right now it is a Russian roulette - you have very little time to find all resources you need and if your town has been looted by somebody else, you're fucked.

EDIT: found a pickaxe on your server and grew 3 kinds of vegetables. I can't bring myself to 'energized', but hunger is over. All in all, two apples eaten but I could do without them, it was just panic.

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)
new info

The need to alternate food items works quite nice, but is very hard if you ban both pumpkins and apples (which are waay better than peppers and zucchini, while tomatoes are not even worth bothering).

I'm thinking - maybe you can eat apples but only to bring yourself from starving to very hungry (or very hungry to hungry)? This way, a toon has more chances of surviving a bad spawn while still be very much on his toes (you can take apples with you to keep you alive but they take up slots). And you still have to alternate between apples and other food items, like berries.

maybe if your grow pumpking or others you cannot re-use the seeds what comes when you collect plants...so you need find new seeds to grow again...
but i collect apples only from south coast....(Kamenka,Balota,Prigorodgi,Elektozavodsk,Kamyshovo)...

15 hours ago, kopo79 said:

maybe if your grow pumpking or others you cannot re-use the seeds what comes when you collect plants...so you need find new seeds to grow again...
but i collect apples only from south coast....(Kamenka,Balota,Prigorodgi,Elektozavodsk,Kamyshovo)...

That's another issue - I think I would do something about this rule. As it is, toons which spawns in Berezki/Svetlo are seriously fucked. Maybe the distance from the coast should matter?

On 4/14/2017 at 10:22 AM, kopo79 said:

okay,im little bored to the game and i thought that maybe i should start to play my own realism rules...any ideas for the settings/rules?
this is from steam discussion board.

REALISM SETTINGS:

server with 8x acceleration.(examble dayztv server)
At night put your gamma setting little bit down

Firedrill kit only craftable near this tree:
You can get firedrill kit also from other player but if playing with friend dont exploit or glitch
Use one time only

Guns only from other player/houses next to policestation or from militaryareas,Skalisty/Prison island
Bullets from everywhere.

Craftable weapons allowed(Bow,Spear)
Improvised stoneknife is actually IMPROVISED TOOL
(it simulates that it is piece of class or metal.
you can only find it from near this

and you can craft it only in workbench
(simulates proper tool(file) to sharpen the item)
Use one time only

Dont use internet maps(izurvive etc) if you dont have ingame map,
Character sprinting is not allowed when fast breathing but when chasing by the wolfs/infected or other player...drop all your gear and sprint 5 minutes.
Applefarms/orchards on southern coast is only source of apples.Dubky is the line
(Kamenka,Balota,Prigorodgi,Elektozavodsk,Kamyshovo)

Raw rice could be eaten only when you have fire and cookingpot full of water near.
you can eat damaged or raw food.

Clothes/backpacks/tents/barrels should be pristine or worn
You can only pick up pristine or worn items but may use damaged items as a melee weapon.
Raincoat allways pristine only.

Log out only in shelter,place where rain cannot catch you.i dont recommend log out in bed(the best option simulate sleeping) cos change of glitching inside house

You can cure bleeding only with alcohol purified rags or bandage.So even pristine rag must be purified.so NO sewing kit to stop bleeding
You can cure chipped/sprained bodyparts  with splint.
You can use splint on broken leg only inside hospitals or if other player give you splint.
Sprinting/jogging not allowed with chipped/sprained leg....must walk
Cookingpot or other big items not fit in your raincoats pockets.consume 1 rag and it simulates that you attach pot in your jacket/jeans with rag
quit the game before looting the town,you can loot it next time.
Dont use vicinity search...use your eyes.If its dark,use light.
Try to eat variety food.
Hunt chickens only with long distance weapons examble bow.
no crafting with damaged goods...examble, dont make imrovised rope with damaged rags.
If animal is glitched or get stuck...maybe its old and ill...end its misery but dont use as your food.

Characters that has died with this settings:Hours are proximently calculated in accelerated server time.
Kevin S. Burns: stayed alive 8 hours.Died by the starvation.

Characters that is alive with this settings:

I would add here that:

- Apples: You search for apples in a tree once, if it´s negative - there are  no apples in the tree. When results positive you can keep searching till the 3rd negative message in row. 

- You cant sprint more than 10min straight.

- You don´t go to military areas since in RL they would be occupied by dangerous people and they would be probably empty anyways since gangs will raid them as soon as they can.

-

• Like 1

- Apples: You search for apples in a tree once, if it´s negative - there are  no apples in the tree.When results positive you can keep searching till the 3rd negative message in row.

I will test someday this.
also i took maximum inventory weight off because i noticed that characters breathing act differently when you have collect some stuff...freshspawn without nothing can sprint quite long
before fast breathing appear....when you have backback and stuff and some melee weapon in hand,fast breathing appear more quickly...maybe...,it feels like it.

Edited by kopo79

Cold
DAY 3
I have almost everything,food,water,light,my favorite book dracula but not fire to keep me warm and i hate that rain from the bottom of my heart
All my clothes are wet and im very cold...Really shaking.
I try to think a cup of coffee to get me warm but really its just food for the thought.
Can human froze to death in rain?...what if i dream a glass of lagavulin?...No im shaking.
Also night caught me again....So its very nice in here...Dark and cold.
"THE WEATHER IS LIKE A PRIDE"...god dammit
Im in some house and try to get some sleep but this shaking keeps me awake.
I finally managed to locate myself.im near guglovo or something...I hope that morning  comes fast.
Gonna eat pumpkin and knock myself in sleep.
If these notes of mine cannot be found anymore in places,maybe aliens abducted me or i just found a plane
and went to the some warm place.
-Mike-

Edited by kopo79

okei.....my journey have come to end now with this character and maybe the whole game.
i survived from my night in cold and early morning started to move on...i found a barrel and decided to set up my little base where i have some supplys but....
barrel is stuck in my characters hand now.i cant throw it away,i cant prone or crouch..i cant use rags...so this was it:D

It was fun and exitementing test...you should also try to play without apples and stoneknifes etc...
eat chickens,canned food,fish,hunt animals...go to the hospitals to search medical supplys...search matches or flares...
but god dam!, barrel was the cause of my characters death...(its not dead yet if someone know what to do?)

Do the barrel roll.

Many meaningless deaths in DayZ. Never get attached to your character and loot.

hmm....never get attached to you gear....barrel stuck in hands:D

• Like 1

Attachmentseption :D

Imagine you would have an items stuck in your barrel, and those ittems would have other items stuck in them too. 

10 hours ago, kopo79 said:

hmm....never get attached to you gear....barrel stuck in hands:D

Unfortunately, you will need a buddy to kill you and stuff your gear into a barrel to avoid having to accept the loss of all progress you have made.

It's happened to me a couple times.  : (

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Unfortunately, you will need a buddy to kill you and stuff your gear into a barrel to avoid having to accept the loss of all progress you have made.

It's happened to me a couple times.  : (

Seriously relogs and other standard approaches like thrashing around, etc. don't work? Damn, I need to watch out. Never happened to me, though.

OP, it was fun to follow you entries! If you want, I can kill you and stash your gear, I'm in Krasno on your server.

No hope
Last day
Good sightseen on the top of Guglovo.i didnt ever noticed that these radiotowers are so tall...
But my situtiation is hopeless...i have lost my mind.im attached to my beloved barrel....or maybe im bird.
freebird...gonna fly now.spread my wings,from the clouds to the pit.goodbye

-Mike

Edited by kopo79

Character is dead by suicide...

• Like 1

Goodnight, sweet prince. Pity for the barrel bug, I can say that trying to bring a toon under these conditions can be very satisfying. Good idea!

• Like 1

I think that mike was suffering some mental illness and was hallucinating....hands stuck in a barrel....yeah right...?

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

"Realism" can be a pretty broad stroke to paint this game with.

Hopefully it will happen on its' own...when the final game goes live.

If I can not find a Private Server that has the levels of realism settings/adjustments/Rules/Mods that I enjoy I will just rent one myself and tailor it to how I feel the game best appeals to me. Most of the main suggestions are all things that can be set down in the initial planning stages of getting a Private Shard Server up and running. As long as we have a reasonable server management console.

I honestly don't think it will be hard to find a server you don't like. And I don't think you will have a hard time finding many others that share your same tastes (or close enough).

If the Devs are being truthful on their plans to make this game Mod-Friendly then we have nothing to worry about! 

ok...i hard edited the first post and preparing when exp patch goes on stable.
apple thingy is my testing list...eat apples only fresh but you can store apples in Waterproof Bag
and if someone try this...save your roadflare in start...matches are hard to find sometimes,so this is your only change to make fire.
bandages,knife,matches and bow...and you surviving nicely.

Edited by kopo79

Posted 1 hour ago (edited) · Report post

ok...i hard edited the first post and preparing when exp patch goes on stable.
apple thingy is my testing list...eat apples only fresh but you can store apples in Waterproof Bag
and if someone try this...save your roadflare in start...matches are hard to find sometimes,so this is your only change to make fire.
bandages,knife,matches and bow...and you surviving nicely.

Edited 59 minutes ago by kopo79

Or, get some bark off a tree and then add a stick to it to make a hand drill. Start a fire that way.

The guys taught me that some time ago.... Thanks guys

Edited by serelaw

2 hours ago, kopo79 said:

You may still want to do something about that Dubky line. As it is, southern spawns have access to apples but those at Svetlo are seriously fucked. Maybe some constant distance from the coast would work better?

when im next time spawn in svetlo,i try with these settings...i have played for now with just normal....but there is no thrill.so back with my own settings.
FADE401470548CBAE5446FB29310E33C8A82DB62

i spawn at coast and headed inland.my focus was to find few important things:rope,bandages,knife,matches and food.
whole my hour playing i was struggling to find any...but finally,machete and rope.then struggling to find chicken but at deepest night i found it.
im gonna eat soon...but i have to be carefull because i saw someone other player near town,so firemaking is not wise.
also im thinking to create some "missions" with these settings....if there is ideas,tell me!
one "mission" what i had in mind was from my rp playing server...."The photographer"
mission is take steam screenshot all the castles in chernarus.

18 hours ago, kopo79 said:

one "mission" what i had in mind was from my rp playing server...."The photographer"
mission is take steam screenshot all the castles in chernarus.

I intend to really, really learn the layout of all industrial sites across Chernarus. So far I explored the Novo gas plant and already made quite a number of very useful discoveries. It's definitely worthwhile!

ok,i add some missions...really dont know if those are easy or hard.
maybe just one funny mission to add...wal-martz...loot the towns and carry all the stuff in supermarket

one more..."Bonfires"
Make fires on top of these places:
any suggestions for places?...it could be fun that this mission could get player moving in all directions and also to visit places with good view.
west,north,east,south and in middle mountains,rocks hills?