Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Is this a good thing for DayZ, or not?

Devs know about it.

Carry on.
Edited by Irish.
  • Like 2

Its hard to tell from that picture, but it looks far from unlootable. Maybe a video with you running around the perimeter trying to get in would help explain what you mean by unlootable a bit better. Did they just use the backside of the tents to block every break in the fence?

23 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

Its hard to tell from that picture, but it looks far from unlootable. Maybe a video with you running around the perimeter trying to get in would help explain what you mean by unlootable a bit better. Did they just use the backside of the tents to block every break in the fence?

Well, its a private server. There is no way inside of the camp, at all. It is entirely unlootable unless you know the guys inside of it. There is no way at all unless you use an exploit. You cannot even hop servers into it. 

The tents and the fencing make it so no one can get inside. Yes, they blocked every single break in the fence.

Edited by Irish.
G word stuff
  • Like 1

There should be a possibility to get in tents, or to crack them. Even if the only possibility is to ruin a tent so that it falls as a "wreck" like a vehicle there, which has no collision of the walls. Clearly so all the objects were ruined in it, and the time should not be too small to destroy a tent. It should not go with any weapon or tool. Locking zones simply destroy the balance, just at DayZ with its fine loottable. With the later base construction, there will certainly be other ways to make a base "relatively" secure .. but if Hicks said: every base is acceptable, then it must apply for everything.

Like as Shakespeare:

Safe or not Safe...thats the Question.

• Like 2

Barricading with non-destroyable objects is definitely a bad thing. DayZ is about loss, but I'm not sure that the answer is necessarily to be able to cut tents. The ability to climb fences, scale climbable objects, break and climb through windows, should fix any barricading issues and make for a more interesting survival game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

The solution:

-snip-

I forgot about that WIP.. thats good news. What about the pesky buildings with only a few entrances getting blocked out by tents?

2 minutes ago, Irish. said:

I forgot about that WIP.. thats good news. What about the pesky buildings with only a few entrances getting blocked out by tents?

C4? I don't know. It's definitely something the devs need to consider. Perhaps a tent should collapse if run into by a car.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Irish. said:

dayz-explosive-grenade.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, OliverPlotTwist said:

C4

I like your style.

452e7128aa307fc70da0255de48c12a4.gif

• Like 3

I dont know how I feel about this. On one hand, I give kudos because they are playing within the rules and managed to make a near unlootable base. If I were to try and raid that base (without glitching) I would play the waiting game. Someone has to come in and out eventually...also tents are not bullet proof. If someone is inside the base they are not safe. With a base design like that, it would also be pretty easy to lock yourself out. I personally dont think that design is sustainable. Only a matter of time until there isnt anyone left inside that can let you in.

Im going to side with the unfair advantage and say that shouldn't be possible

Also, 10 dollars says that is the admin of the servers base :) 

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 2

They have to get in and out somehow, and that is a weakness.

Have a squad camp the site, identify the regulars and their playtime patterns, plan a mission, kill the owners when they open the gates, scrub visit the tents, give them a good lecture, and ask what the hell the purpose of that is on that server.

There is always a way.

If this base is owned by the server owners/admins, then they should simply lose their server population in response to abuse, to make this kind of behavior pointless.

If it's just some random group of yahoos who put in the time to collect it all, then good on them for putting forth the effort.  Now go tear down their sandcastle if they won't share.  Maybe ask to join/help them first to see if they deserve a smackdown.

I'd be more than happy to help get this base figured out; but I ain't gonna send a toon redacted on every damned private server to find out.

Edited by emuthreat
now aware of the rules
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, emuthreat said:

-snip-

It is owned by someone who frequents this forum. And his group I suppose owns the camp.. but I do not know for certain.

Outside of blatant disrespect, for no reason.. or glitching.. I see no way of getting at this camp (ban rules of server, etc.) Normally that might drive me nuts.. but knowing who owns this, and having respect for the person, means there is not much I am willing to do other than consider what it could mean for dayz in general. I did some research and found it to be a widespread issue, present on many many servers.. So I brought it up here and on Reddit. 

With that said.. I already feel like a dick to the "owner". I may have inadvertently caused them grief.. and that sucks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Eye for an eye?

I would feel icky if I did that. Blazing hot shower icky

Well, I guess I could have come across a bit heavy-handed.  But it is exploitative, especially the hoarding of vehicles in plain sight. If it is run by the admins of server, I say shame; but only if they don't share.

If it's just owned by some cleverly brazen bastards, challege accepted.

Yeah @Irish.  You might have said too much. Given the server rules, it does pose an interesting question/dilemma.  Solution en-route.

All good. got some nice emergent gameplay out of the experience.

Edited by emuthreat
got it
  • Like 1

Seems like a rhetorical question. Some servers don't allow this. Tent barriers is clearly not an intended feature so I expect it will be fixed at some point.

• Like 3

Too many mentions of the "G" word or even worse "how to"'s in the thread.

Devs are aware of these issues :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Devs are aware of these issues :)

You can send this thing to the deep end if you'd like then. (no use in spreading "info" around, needlessly).