Sign in to follow this  
GenesisHater

Metanix.net Public Server - Ban

Hello,

So an Admin from the Server METANIX.net | #1 Friendly Survival RP [+Admin][+Loot]               IP: 185.16.86.55:2302

Banned me for the reason "KoS". If i try to join the server this message pops up : You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Admin Ban (SWA - KoS - Appeal @ Metanix.net))      Screenshot

So i started a discussion in Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/135513549098235334/

The Admin "SyntheTycs - Metanix.net" answered with this:

Hello everyone! i am an admin on the Metanix server OP is refering to.

To clarify yes he has been banned from our server he has broken the server rules which we have set in place on our website.

In regards to not being able to ban players that much is true however if there is just cause then we can rightly do so. 

https://dayz.com/files/pdf/Server_Hosting_Rules_Public.pdf

if you see page two it says;

• You may not perform the following actions on your server
◦ Restart server to farm loot
◦ Restart server to protect your character integrity after dying
◦ Restart server more than 5 times per day
◦ Set automatic server restart in your GSP (game server provider) control panel below or
above 12 hours
◦ Kick/Ban players without just cause
◦ Use Admin Logs for any purpose other than server tracking exploiters/cheaters
◦ Lock/Password the server
◦ Install any 3rd party tools, modifications, or applications (aside from BEC – At this time)
◦ Use any unapproved monetization (f.e. sell in-game items or a location of a base)

it also states that bans are restricted, we have discussed this with bohemia before and that is why we have the report system in place. 

if a server rule is broken a player will recieve a temporary ban.

if a player is found hacking/glitching then they recieve a perm ban.

OP recieved a 30 day ban for repeatedly KOS'ing despite there being a server message every 4 minutes reminding players it is a friendly server and that PVP is restricted to military areas and polices stations unless agreed by both partys involved.

He and any others who are banned are openly invited to appeal any bans if they think this has been done incorrectly.

if you have any questions feel free to message me on our website www.metanix.net

And then the Server Owner "Tazhar - metanix.net" answered too with:

Hi all,

I'm the Owner of Metanix and proudly host METANIX.net | #1 Friendly Survival server on DayZ 

I must re-iterate what Sam, our Admin has mentioned above. We provide bans on our server for community rule breaks and allow every banned member to appeal - the bans are not permanent unless a clear violation of Bohemias rules has been committed such as hacking, duping, glitching etc. 

On the Public Host rules it states that public hive servers may not ban without just cause, the definition of just cause in most cases is "a valid reason" meaning you cannot just ban someone simply for connecting.

In our case, banning players for breaching community set rules (which are very fair and objective) WOULD be considered a "just cause" as we have "just cause" to ban the player.

The rule set by Bohemia here is to eliminate all servers that are set up by small groups to host their "team camp" and use purely for duplicating items, and ban anyone else that connects - that is not a just cause.

Thanks for reading. 

Also, whilst I'm at it - may as well chuck in an advertisement or two...

Head over to http://metanix.net and get involved with an amazing community full of amazing people! Hosting a public hive friendly server and roleplay based private server.

Hope you see you guys around! 

Tazhar

Since when are Public Servers allowed to make own "Server Rules"?

And did Bohemia really allowed the Server METANIX.net | #1 Friendly Survival RP [+Admin][+Loot]  to ban people for "KoS" Kill on Sight ?

Then the DayZ Community Manager Baty Alquawen reacted to this discussion:

Hello all,
I want to clarify this.
It is not possible to ban someone on public server because of rules. I don't know why this server was able to ban anyone, but it is not anymore.

You can only kick a player on public servers because of harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs, not because of server rules.

You may change the following variables on your server:
Kick abusive players (harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs)

Several BEC/Rcon functions are restricted on Public Hive servers:
> Whitelist
> Ban
> Kick
> Autokick
> Slot reserve

You can report the server if you want to.

So who has now right? Are the Admins allowed to ban me and other people for "Kill on Sight"

Thank you for reading my Topic.

Yours sincerely,

Genesis 

Edited by GenesisHater
Wrong greeting

Bohemia's rules are the rules. 

On the other hand, if someone pays for a server and  want's  to create a PvE world, let them.

If the  Server name says "FRIENDLY" then abide by that rule! Don't be a jackass and KOS on a server where players expect a peaceful environment. If you suspect the server is a lootfarm, report it.

It's not like that is the only server. There are hundreds of other servers where KOS is allowed and even encourage. Or pay for your own server and make you're own rules.

• Like 1

Just now, ScipioII said:

Bohemia's rules are the rules. 

On the other hand, if someone pays for a server and  want's  to create a PvE world, let them.

If the  Server name says "FRIENDLY" then abide by that rule! Don't be a jackass and KOS on a server where players expect a peaceful environment. If you suspect the server is a lootfarm, report it.

It's not like that is the only server. There are hundreds of other servers where KOS is allowed and even encourage. Or pay for your own server and make you're own rules.

If they want a peacefull server they can rent a private server

This is already being investigated by BI.

Baty Alquawen  [developer] 2 hours ago      

Hello all,
I want to clarify this.
It is not possible to ban someone on public server because of rules. I don't know why this server was able to ban anyone, but it is not anymore.

You can only kick a player on public servers because of harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs, not because of server rules.

You may change the following variables on your server:
Kick abusive players (harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs)

Several BEC/Rcon functions are restricted on Public Hive servers:
> Whitelist
> Ban
> Kick
> Autokick
> Slot reserve

You can report the server if you want to.

Edited by OrLoK
  • Like 1