Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

I am looking for crash, can you help me?

Hello guys,

I am looking for a queue crash that we are not able to reproduce.

We know it is happening when player waits in queue and game crashes on connecting to server.

Repro steps:

1. Find a full server.

2. Connect to queue.

3. Wait till loading to server.

4. Client crashes.

If it is happen to you, we really need your crash dumps.

You can find crash dumps in this folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ and send it to our Feedback Tracker or to me via PM, please.

We really appreciated your help with this issue.

Thank you!

• Like 4

I don't know if he reads the forums but @DeadlySlob was experiencing this bug which he talked about in one of his recent video's. Perhaps he has some crash dumps which contains this particular crash.

Personally I have never witnessed this crash but as soon as it happens I will provide the logs for you guys.

• Like 5

Will do.  This is on stable branch correct?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the discussion category I jumped here from another discussion.

Edited by valdark
  • Like 1

Just now, valdark said:

Will do.  This is on stable branch correct?

I think so because it's placed in the Stable Branch Discussion forum. But I think it doesn't matter if it's Stable or Experimental in this case.

Thanks, I had linked from the "Similar Discussions" at the bottom of the thread I was reading prior so didn't realize which category I was in.

• Like 1

So far I am unable to reproduce although I was having some crashes yesterday that I traced back to a faulty install on my nVidia driver update from a few days ago.

I'll try a bit more later there aren't many servers staying full this early after maintenance night.

I let Deadly know so hopefully he and his followers will help with reporting.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, valdark said:

I let Deadly know so hopefully he and his followers will help with reporting.

Thank you! I'm sure he's willing to submit his crash dumps.

• Like 1

Can't say I've ever gotten this bug before, but I'll attempt to connect to a few and see! 

• Like 1

Hi Baty,

Related question: does the -dologs launch parameter still do anything? Is it helpful in any way, or totally obsolete?

• Like 1

It is impressive seeing this post go up so quickly from BI staff..

I mean I just barely heard that this is a thing ...(DeadlySlob video/post).

21 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Hi Baty,

Related question: does the -dologs launch parameter still do anything? Is it helpful in any way, or totally obsolete?

It is parameter for testing purposes (it can generate some data). But be careful with parameters, they can break your game. :)

7 hours ago, valdark said:

What is the extension on the dump file?

I am not sure what do you mean :).

16 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I am not sure what do you mean :).

I think he means the end of the file.. like .com ,  .xref   ,   .etc  ,  .jpg

5 minutes ago, Irish. said:

I think he means the end of the file.. like .com ,  .xref   ,   .etc  ,  .jpg

.bidmp

.mdmp

But it is better to send to us all files in the folder.

28 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

It is parameter for testing purposes (it can generate some data). But be careful with parameters, they can break your game. :)

Good to know that it still does something. As for other things, my understanding is that there are no other functional parameters at the moment. -dologs is the only one with a purpose, right?

• Like 1

I play on underpopulated experimental servers mostly so I've not encountered this bug, however, I have encountered a phenomenon where the longer DayZ is open, the more unstable performance becomes, and eventually a crash will occur (crashes most often in fullscreen mode x64 bit client).

Perhaps crashing from the queue will tend to occur only after the game has been open and active for some time, which may be affecting attempts at reproducing it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

.bidmp

.mdmp

But it is better to send to us all files in the folder.

OK, if I encounter it I'll send that info.  Currently my folder is 198 MB I think I'll clear that out and only send you new things unless you really want my Experimental RPT from 11/28/2014

• Like 1

Dumps from your crashes are still needed! :)

I still have no luck with reproduce this issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Dumps from your crashes are still needed! :)

I still have no luck with reproduce this issue.

Hey Baty, I've experience this crash very rarely, but it should be in my crash dumps. 

Can you tell me how to list it on the Feedback Tracker, once more? 

I actually think it may be a memory leak that may just be occurring at the same time as we are in queue, and perhaps not really connected to the Queue at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Espa said:

Hey Baty, I've experience this crash very rarely, but it should be in my crash dumps. 

Can you tell me how to list it on the Feedback Tracker, once more? 

I actually think it may be a memory leak that may just be occurring at the same time as we are in queue, and perhaps not really connected to the Queue at all. 

Do you remember a date of a queue crash?

Here is it:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Do you remember a date of a queue crash?

Here is it:

Last time it occurred would have been this last Thursday, the 13th of April. -- I'll be sure to send it in. 

I am unsure how others have experienced it, but I was in the Queue to join a High Pop Server (US Underground) and was a few people away from getting in when it randomly froze my game, then exited the client. 

This was not a horrible thing to endure, as some may suggest, but it took me an extra minute to get back in. (AKA Did no real damage to my experience) 

The worse bug would be the 'Lag Bubble' one, where you enter a certain situation and you're suddenly encumbered by a large resource load.

• Like 2

I have found this crash to be more likely to occur when my game has been open for some time. For example, I start up DayZ, join the queue for DUG, get to the top of the queue, load in fine, play the game for a while. Then if I need to relog for some reason (and I do not restart DayZ), I get back in the queue, I will get to the top of the queue and then I'll usually get stuck on a black screen for around 10 seconds and my game will crash.

I'm sure I have the dump files here but I am just not sure what date this last occurred to me, so if I was to send you my files there would probably be a few other kinds of crashes in there with it, would that still be of any use to you? If not I will be sure to send them in the next time I experience this bug.

been having this issue, but its more to do with if you run around right away before it loads the map i guess?

i was at NWAF so kinda shitting my pants about joining a full server and being there

crashed 3 times