Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Irish.

Are people losing their minds?

8 posts in this topic

I feel like so many things happen in cycles in life. Revolutions come and go, and come back again. But honestly.. I cant help but feel like one of those cycles has come back around again, and its like people are losing their minds lately.

I can't think of a time other then the hippie era, that comes as close in regards to rampant loss of intelligent thought, replaced by what often is confused as mind opening conversation (that really just boils down to intoxicated nonsense).

People believe anything posted on the internet. They convince each other that the Earth is flat, that we live in the Matrix, and secret societies control our every thought. 

What is worse is they spread this information, as truth, with zero research and thought put into it. It's the mental equivalent of jumping off a cliff with the other lemmings. 

"If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?" - Mom

Am I just an old fart, losing touch with reality.. or are people losing their minds?

Probably both, huh? Yep. Probably both.

odin_lowe and Espa gave beans to this

Nah man. It's the end of the world and you're perfectly sane. 

odin_lowe and Irish. gave beans to this

I would rather everyone drop acid and become flakes than the cold murderous assholes they are.

I grew up in an environment that involved empathy and intelligence and I was born with many wonderful natural talents.

So many people are so inept and internally disgusting and they just want to shit on everything because they are angry at their inability to satisfy women, inability to better their own lives, and general ignorance about the true values of life.

My only hope is that the benevolent forces of the information age can exponentially outgrow the spread of hate and ignorance.

I find a lot of people are shallow and stupid and horribly mutated by modern culture and lack of empathy.

Now let's all go post another selfie!!!

Weeeeeeeeee!

odin_lowe, Espa and Irish. gave beans to this

Freedom of expression and internet make it easier for dumb people to find people that are as dumb as them, or even dumber. It happened in the past, it happens now, but since you have internet, you have access to almost the whole social network of events around you. Stay in school, eat vegetables and don't do drugs.

Hmm. Honestly, I never once thought the world was sane. People have always been crazy, since the dawn of men. 

Is it worst today than yesterday? Maybe, but just a bit. 

Since it's an Endless Waltz of peace, revolution and war, as long as humans are in their current state of evolution, it'll never stop. 

☣BioHaze☣ gave beans to this

Internet allows the stupid minority to become extremely vocal. The main problem is people aren't educated to be skeptical (on the internet and in general) and are instead told they are special, their feelings matter more than anything else etc.

That's a recipe for disaster.

Like all the women following some stupid advice about giving birth at home while kneeling with a wet towel on their head or whatnot they got from their joga instructor. Then they sue the doctors who tell them it's a bad idea, because they obviously know better

No idea why that came to mind.

As for the war part,  I blame globalism.

/rant

Irish. gave beans to this

Thanks for letting me know two things:

I am not alone in noticing these things.

..and maybe I am not old and out of touch..

..Just jaded I guess. Things used to be simpler, and now they are just so .. well, we all here know how things are currently. 

odin_lowe gave beans to this