Storymaster

Vehicle Desync - Will this be addressed soon?

Vehicle desynch is the biggest issue with vehicles at the moment - an issue that has only grown worse in the past few days, somehow agitated by the geometry hang up fix for vehicles. Vehicle desynch used to give a warning with small stutters, queing the player to log off and reload their entire game before continuing to drive. In the past three days, my friends and I have experienced severe dsynch without warning which has destroyed 8 vehicles and killed 3 of us. When I first reported this bug when vehicles returned to Stable, I was told that this was scheduled for a fix.

Do we know when this will be resolved - is it soon, and if not, what roadblocks are standing in the way of addressing this crucial issue?

• Like 1

Yeah, I will also love to hear more information regarding this blocking point that prevents the heli going out from the trello hangar!
we need chopa or newer things! snif* snif*

Im starting to loose faith... 0.61 was out on 16th of december 2016, and we still have tons of memo crashes...half of a year to fix new patch issues?

Im not salty but sincerelly i did not thought that it took as much time, not too much changes (except from wolves and sound) on 0.61 and we still have crashes and issues like black faces and poor network comms.

So extrapoling to the 0.63 patch...introducing several new techs makes we so worried about the time ahead us to fix all the new issues that will come with new player controller...

Im scared guys...

Edited by EdStaffordZombie
add more things

4 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Yeah, I will also love to hear more information regarding this blocking point that prevents the heli going out from the trello hangar!
we need chopa or newer things! snif* snif*

Im starting to loose faith...

I'm not losing faith but I am starting to believe that the devs are stuck and can't go any further until something is solved - there seems to be a lot of roadblocks and it doesn't seem like they are progressing through it quickly at all due to this patch , .60 patch AND .59 patch have all been 3-6 month patches that really brought some good stuff to the table but not nearly enough to change the scope of the game . I want to be done with .61 - I'm tired of the game in its current state and I just can't accept how slow the devs are working due to the Regurgitated status reports and all the silly game expos and meetings they are attending - to me this is nowhere near their A game and I'm somewhat disappointed that the end is going even slower when technically it should be progressing much faster .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

I want to be done with .61 - I'm tired of the game in its current state and I just can't accept how slow the devs are working due to the Regurgitated status reports and all the silly game expos and meetings they are attending - to me this is nowhere near their A game and I'm somewhat disappointed that the end is going even slower when technically it should be progressing much faster

Yeah blackberry, I feel exactly the same. I do not understand why they attend these PAX types expos if a tons of work is still ahead. It was understandable with the 0.60 patch when they showcase the new renderer because it was a huge step ahead for Dayz development. But right now... It does not make any sense for me, it is just time consuming for the technicians that only provokes delays on the deadlines.

• Like 1

I am just curious about when vehicle desync will be addressed and what if any roadblocks stand in the way. Once vehicle desync is fixed, the quality of my experience will be increased exponentially, as it is a critical pain point for me and my community at present.

Vehicle desync at this moment is poorly because of server performance. It has nothing to do with the vehicles itself because last time I drove a vehicle on a low pop server it was acceptable. On a med to high pop server it's a whole other story. That's because server performance overall is bad, which is a known issue for them and they explained the cause in one of the status reports and are working on a solution.

I would like to see these problems fixed just as much as you but there is nothing for us to do then wait.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Vehicle desync at this moment is poorly because of server performance. It has nothing to do with the vehicles itself because last time I drove a vehicle on a low pop server it was acceptable. On a med to high pop server it's a whole other story. That's because server performance overall is bad, which is a known issue for them and they explained the cause in one of the status reports and are working on a solution.

I would like to see these problems fixed just as much as you but there is nothing for us to do then wait.

Even on a low population server, vehicle desynchronization is severe. 

You guys are fun.. its like you forgot how patches and things have gone so far. 

Vehicles will be fixed before too long, they are working hard on it and discuss it in depth in the patch notes and updates. 

Maybe read some stuff the devs release on development, no? ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish. said:

Maybe read some stuff the devs release on development, no? ;)

Nothing in the latest developments since vehicles were returned to Stable Branch specifically address vehicle desync being resolved, but rather vehicle despawning, vehicles stuck in geometry, and other issues that are not the primary pain point of vehicles at present. They explained why desync occurs, but nothing was posted about when we would see a fix for it, which was the primary point of my post - a desire to know how much of a priority a fix for vehicle desync is, can we expect it soon, and whether or not there are any large roadblocks holding this up. I am not criticizing development. I am curious as to what kind of priority this major problem has.

The devs rewrite the physics and do not take preprogrammed plugins. This does not make it simple at first. But it is still a step that the Devs have 100% themselves under control. It is well possible that they succeed in doing a great job of the server to push the client, but with the server to control. We just need some patience. Cheers.