Raidkill

Low FPS

So I got a new PC the other week and I just installed DayZ. I was told it would run DayZ fine but I tried just now and it runs at an average of 17/18 FPS on "Very Low". I was wondering what graphics card you DayZ players use. Also, if I need to upgrade, what card do you recommend for DayZ and other games?

(My Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 630)

Whoever told you DayZ would run fine with any GPU was blowing smoke up your ass. A GT630 is not a good card for today's standards, it'll probably work but don't expect miracles, I'd say getting 17/18 is actually quite good. I have a GTX 970 and see frames in cities easily drop as low as that.

More to the point, What processor do you have?

2 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Whoever told you DayZ would run fine with any GPU was blowing smoke up your ass. A GT630 is not a good card for today's standards, it'll probably work but don't expect miracles, I'd say getting 17/18 is actually quite good. I have a GTX 970 and see frames in cities easily drop as low as that.

Another thing I would like to add to that. Settings on very low does not equal good FPS. If your settings are on very low, your processor will probably do most of the work rather than the GPU. Sometimes raising your settings can give you a better FPS than lowering.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Okay, I am also quite new to computer gaming, so I do not know much about it at all.. But my processor is "Intel Core i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz"

(P.S Just to clarify, I wasn't told it would run on any GPU but I was told it would run on the GeForce GT630)

Edited by Raidkill

The cpu is fine, the GT630 is the problem, an old card and the little sister of the then excellent GTX660 (2014).

Check to see if you are able to change the GPU in future.

i don't even have a graphics card.. i have a i7-4790k OC 4.6Ghz and i use the Intel 4600 Intergrated Graphics also OC to 1600Mhz and i get 40-70 fps in large cities on normal setting and the game looks great. and i can live stream and record with no impact.

On 08.04.2017 at 11:59 AM, Raidkill said:

So I got a new PC the other week and I just installed DayZ. I was told it would run DayZ fine but I tried just now and it runs at an average of 17/18 FPS on "Very Low". I was wondering what graphics card you DayZ players use. Also, if I need to upgrade, what card do you recommend for DayZ and other games?

(My Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 630)

The processor that you have in your rig have a better graphic card in it.. just unplug the gt 630 and play with intel graphics... buy a new GPU