Sign in to follow this  
ScipioII

PSA: Beer will get you killed in Tisy

I was doing some work yesterday and was watching my favourite streamer on my other monitor. This was for about an hour. He was very focused and coordinated in the beginning but as the time progressed you could see his focus was slipping and he was making mistakes.

Several tents were pitched all over the base for no apparent reason.

I knew it was all over when he randomly started chopping a tree down in the middle of Tisy base and then lost his prized Fireman's  ax after attacking a Z.  He ran over the ax at least twice without noticing it. A long wooden stick in it's place on his pack. A classic rookie survivor mistake (Remember kids, always check for wooden sticks on your back after chopping a tree down)

Soon after that, while running around with a truck battery(??) he was attacked and shot down before he could even get his FAL in hand to defend himself. 

A tragic and unnecessary death of a great survivor if you ask. Al of this could have been prevented if we kept the beer drinking restricted to camp.

So let this be a warning kids, do not temp fate by running around in Chernarus under the influence. We lost a great one yesterday.

RIP my friend. 

Edited by ScipioII
Spelling
  • Like 8

Hahaha. Good story. I am still drinking beer while running around Chenarus though. Its a calculated risk that I am willing to take!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBURNS489 said:

Hahaha. Good story. I am still drinking beer while running around Chenarus though. Its a calculated risk that I am willing to take!

a shot or two of single malt scotch is more rejuvinating than beer.

• Like 4

"..eye'mmmm all freddy drumpf." - Irish

• Like 1

True I am a product of the USMC as well. 

Enjoy those Beans baked_beans.png

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ScipioII said:

I was doing some work yesterday and was watching my favourite streamer on my other monitor. This was for about an hour. He was very focused and coordinated in the beginning but as the time progressed you could see his focus was slipping and he was making mistakes.

Several tents were pitched all over the base for no apparent reason.

I knew it was all over when he randomly started chopping a tree down in the middle of Tisy base and then lost his prized Fireman's  ax after attacking a Z.  He ran over the ax at least twice without noticing it. A long wooden stick in it's place on his pack. A classic rookie survivor mistake (Remember kids, always check for wooden sticks on your back after chopping a tree down)

Soon after that, while running around with a truck battery(??) he was attacked and shot down before he could even get his FAL in hand to defend himself. 

A tragic and unnecessary death of a great survivor if you ask. Al of this could have been prevented if we kept the beer drinking restricted to camp.

So let this be a warning kids, do not temp fate by running around in Chernarus under the influence. We lost a great one yesterday.

RIP my friend. 

HAHHA

Now just imagine if you where watching your favorite streamer on the other monitor, and he walks up behind you, as you look over to your other monitor....... it was you!!!

• Like 1

Boozing and Chernarus do not mix.

A couple of weeks ago I came back from the pub, started 'exploring' around to the west of Tisy, logged in next day, no idea where I was, two separate wolf pack encounters, 80 rounds of 5.56 expended...

• Like 3

A beer increases your ping virtual by 75. so I can make myself laagy server itself ... 500 is unplayable ^^

• Like 3

I regret nothing.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134525192

I like to drink beer and play DayZ.  Sometimes it is for a little added challenge, sometimes I just idly sip beer and smoke (I know, bad for me) to keep my hands busy while traversing the map.  The longer nothing happens, the more I tend to idly drink beer.

This time, bored and frustrated that nothing happened that day before maintenance, I decided to test the law of dinimishing *HIC* returns, by boredom drinking on my way to Tisy with my EXP character to find some action.  I'm very surprised I survived as long as I did.

More science required.  I think I got haxored.

Edited by emuthreat
pudding
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, Xbow said:

a shot or two of single malt scotch is more rejuvinating than beer.

So true. It really is invigorating. Scotch is the way to go if you don't want a sleepy drunk. Drinking beer while playing DayZ was one of my favorite things to do a few years back. There is always a point where you are too tired to go on and don't really care anymore if you decide to go with beer though. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I regret nothing.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134525192

I like to drink beer and play DayZ.  Sometimes it is for a little added challenge, sometimes I just idly sip beer and smoke (I know, bad for me) to keep my hands busy while traversing the map.  The longer nothing happens, the more I tend to idly drink beer.

This time, bored and frustrated that nothing happened that day before maintenance, I decided to test the law of dinimishing *HIC* returns, by boredom drinking on my way to Tisy with my EXP character to find some action.  I'm very surprised I survived as long as I did.

More science required.  I think I got haxored.

Not the first time that intoxication gets you killed. Remember the time at the NWAF where you missed that dude in the scumbag bunker at 3 meters with a shotgun? It was really painful to watch that clip.

Maybe some day it will actually save your life. A situation where you would miss the shot when sober but it hit because you were intoxicated.

Edited by IMT

16 hours ago, Solopopo said:

So true. It really is invigorating. Scotch is the way to go if you don't want a sleepy drunk. Drinking beer while playing DayZ was one of my favorite things to do a few years back. There is always a point where you are too tired to go on and don't really care anymore if you decide to go with beer though. 

Well said sir the DayZ Buzz you can get from sipping a couple of shots of Glenfiddich,  Glenlivet , Oban,  Laphroaig or any fine single malt is vastly superior to beer for greasing zombies and PVP cuntz. I'm not saying that Beer especially a dark one wont do the trick but there it is. 

Enjoy those beans Solopopo baked_beans.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xbow said:

Well said sir the DayZ Buzz you can get from sipping a couple of shots of Glenfiddich,  Glenlivet , Oban,  Laphroaig or any fine single malt is vastly superior to beer for greasing zombies and PVP cuntz. I'm not saying that Beer especially a dark one wont do the trick but there it is. 

Enjoy those beans Solopopo baked_beans.png

To each their own I say! I dont personally care for scotch. It reminds me of when I leave my clothes in the washer too long and they get all musty. I hear its an acquired taste, but I dont want to spend 50-80 dollars a bottle and then have to learn to like it lol. Give me a case of budweiser or a bottle of bourbon. Cause 'murica

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

To each their own I say! I dont personally care for scotch. It reminds me of when I leave my clothes in the washer too long and they get all musty. I hear its an acquired taste, but I dont want to spend 50-80 dollars a bottle and then have to learn to like it lol. Give me a case of budweiser or a bottle of bourbon. Cause 'murica

There is nothing wrong with that JBURNS489 an ice cold weiser is a fine lubricant. But at $50.00 skins a bottle a 2oz shot costs about 4 bucks a Bud that has 1.5 oz of alcohol costs about a buck / 12 oz. either one will suffice OR take a shot of scotch between a few beers.

You have some beans hombre baked_beans.png

21 hours ago, IMT said:

Not the first time that intoxication gets you killed. Remember the time at the NWAF where you missed that dude in the scumbag bunker at 3 meters with a shotgun? It was really painful to watch that clip.

Maybe some day it will actually save your life. A situation where you would miss the shot when sober but it hit because you were intoxicated.

Well when you use the term intoxicated, it pretty much implies that the law of diminishing returns has already rendered my liquid courage moot from the side-effects of overuse.  Had just the right titration when I cleaned up that guy who shot you in the woods leaving Tisy, by those blue tents.
I usually have a better bowling game after two beers, and much worse after four.  By then end of this session, I was bouncing across other lanes. LOL

That shotgun mishap was more a noob move for me not knowing that ADS>Hipfire in that situation, but cringeworthy nonetheless.  I still make a lot of dumb mistakes, IMT.  You only see a few of them per week.  ; )

The PSA still stands, though.  That is a great example of how useless overindulgence can make gameplay.  The line is seemingly a razor's edge, too.   That's why they make taxi cabs.

• Like 2