Sign in to follow this  
beentheredonethat

How to report a player to the admin?

So i'm playing on private server pve no kos punching or anything that might cause death to another player.The server gives info for reporting abuse like go to  discord. ect ect  which i typed in,which took me to a Discord page where you have to register? Is this part of the correct procedure.It also listed something like goo.gl ...whatever. Can someone help me with this please, thank you

• Like 1

There is no official way to contact admins of private servers.  This sounds like something they set up themselves, can't tell if it's legit or not but can't imagine why a legit server would have links to non legit means of contacting them.

I don't know I see people getting banned from this server all the time,they seem to be very strict about it although I realize you will never be able to stop abuse completely, just kind of ruins it for everyone else,oh well welcome to the world of Dayz

8 hours ago, onedog said:

So i'm playing on private server pve no kos punching or anything that might cause death to another player.The server gives info for reporting abuse like go to  discord. ect ect  which i typed in,which took me to a Discord page where you have to register? Is this part of the correct procedure.It also listed something like goo.gl ...whatever. Can someone help me with this please, thank you

It would be helpful if you gave some more information about this server. Is it the DayZ Colony US-3 server?

• Like 1

He must be speaking of US Colony #3. Its the only server out there that fits his description. 

So, with that said.. Weyland <-- (that is a link to his profile) is the guy here on the dayz forums to talk to. He knows the people who run it. 

Also, they have their own websit/forum here: http://forums.dayzcolony.com/index.php

• Like 1

8 hours ago, onedog said:

I don't know I see people getting banned from this server all the time,they seem to be very strict about it although I realize you will never be able to stop abuse completely, just kind of ruins it for everyone else,oh well welcome to the world of Dayz

They have a bot that bans people automatically, from what I have heard. This way, if someone kills another player.. the get auto-banned. 

They also ban for glitching, duping, hacking, etc..

*It's a great server if you want to explore DayZ without all the fuckery going around on public servers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish. said:

He must be speaking of US Colony #3. Its the only server out there that fits his description. 

So, with that said.. Weyland <-- (that is a link to his profile) is the guy here on the dayz forums to talk to. He knows the people who run it. 

Also, they have their own websit/forum here: http://forums.dayzcolony.com/index.php

1 hour ago, Irish. said:

They have a bot that bans people automatically, from what I have heard. This way, if someone kills another player.. the get auto-banned. 

They also ban for glitching, duping, hacking, etc..

*It's a great server if you want to explore DayZ without all the fuckery going around on public servers.

As far as I know, Weyland is the owner of all 3 servers and it fits indeed the profile of that server, that's why I wanted to make sure.

In order to report it you need to go on Discord and make a report. To be honest, I believe they ban every player which kills another player automatically because they check the logs regulary. But still, to make sure that this person gets banned, type the link in the browser, make an account and report him in the right chat or what ever it's called.

Discord is something like Teamspeak, only a bit different because you can chat and read the chat back. In no way, shape or form do they get any personal information from you as far as I know.

• Like 1

Yes it is Dayz Colony US -3 PVE. So you say they have a way to automatically ban players ok thats good i will also check out the links you all have provided for me,I thank you all very much for your response

On 8-4-2017 at 3:58 AM, onedog said:

Yes it is Dayz Colony US -3 PVE. So you say they have a way to automatically ban players ok thats good i will also check out the links you all have provided for me,I thank you all very much for your response

As far as I know they regularly check the logs for player against player hits or kills and ban them without knowing the background. I might sound harsh but it keeps the server clean. If you get banned for accidentally shooting your buddy or another player you need to make a ban appeal on their Discord with proof/background and they will unban you if it checks out.

On 4/6/2017 at 10:44 PM, onedog said:

The goo.gl is a url shortner tool so instead of getting a large url that's long and hard to remember, we've set it up to something shorter for your convenience. It should bring you to Discord. Hop onto Discord and head over to the Text Channel called #us-3_tipline. Might be a good idea to stay in there so you have access to admins on a moments notice.

On 4/7/2017 at 4:17 PM, Irish. said:

They also ban for glitching, duping, hacking, etc...

I wish we had a bot! Our admin/moderators are streaming logs on a 2nd screen so we get live updates.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I wish we had a bot! Our admin/moderators are streaming logs on a 2nd screen so we get live updates.

Well, you are so good at it.. people are spreading the word that you use a bot for banning. :P

Btw, can someone handcuff me on #3 and leave me there? Poison me ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irish. said:

Well, you are so good at it.. people are spreading the word that you use a bot for banning. :P

Btw, can someone handcuff me on #3 and leave me there? Poison me ?

Handcuff yes, poison...no.

• Like 1

The crying about PVP and KoS makes me sick. I'm not a fan of either activity but from a realistic standpoint both would exist in survival scenario. Knowing that there are assholes out there that will kill you on sight makes the game play more intense and leads to not assuming that an area is safe. They make the game play more realistic.  Wanting a 'safe place' to fight for survival is an absurd notion. It reminds me of what a pathetic leftist politically correct snowflake would want.

I do not want the PvP and KoS aficionados to be banned I much prefer blowing them away. Some of my best DayZ gaming experiences are the result of being set upon by a KoS crew and getting away after ventilating one or more of them. The best times in DayZ are when you are in danger of being sent back to the beach by other players or a horde of infected.  

I however do not believe that PvP or KoS has any place on experimental servers because the boys and girls that roam those servers are engaged in a useful service for the entire community. They are the ones sending in the bug reports and good suggestions. I would just like a method of Identifying the KoS clowns that have tagged other players or you on experimental servers so that they can more easily be hunted down across the servers and killed in game.

On normal servers getting sent back to the beach for having your head up your ass is completely acceptable.  

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 3

Does anyone know if there are plans to add a player reporting system of some kind to DayZ?

2 hours ago, Xbow said:

Wanting a 'safe place' to fight for survival is an absurd notion. It reminds me of what a pathetic leftist politically correct snowflake would want.

2 hours ago, Xbow said:

I however do not believe that PvP or KoS has any place on experimental servers because the boys and girls that roam those servers are engaged in a useful service for the entire community.

Reminds me of those people that are pro-war but against the death penalty. smfh

• Like 1

Do you think that PvP and KoS belong on experimental servers?

3 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

Does anyone know if there are plans to add a player reporting system of some kind to DayZ?

Reminds me of those people that are pro-war but against the death penalty. smfh

Good point! Do you believe that KoS and PvP belong on experimental servers? A tracking system for KoS geeks that operate on Experimental servers would be acceptable along with a wanted  DEAD ID system page so that we gamers can hunt them down and kill them off more easily.  

But we have to remember that with respect to normal servers the risk of getting around the map is somenthing that KoS clowns do provide.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xbow said:

Do you think that PvP and KoS belong on experimental servers?

Good point! Do you believe that KoS and PvP belong on experimental servers? A tracking system for KoS geeks that operate on Experimental servers would be acceptable along with a wanted  DEAD ID system page so that we gamers can hunt them down and kill them off more easily.  

But we have to remember that with respect to normal servers the risk of getting around the map is somenthing that KoS clowns do provide.  

I believe PvP and KoS are core and fun elements depending on the gamer. I haven't played the game in a while but when I did sometimes I would like a little PvP action and other times some RP action with minimal KoS. Both types of play are viable and should be supported in vanilla DayZ (IMO).

Changes to DayZs technical architecture affects combat and, for this reason, I do believe KoS belongs on Experimental.

p.s. I am a US Army vet (Combat Medic - 91B/91W), pacifist, anti-war and against death penalty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

I believe PvP and KoS are core and fun elements depending on the gamer. I haven't played the game in a while but when I did sometimes I would like a little PvP action and other times some RP action with minimal KoS. Both types of play are viable and should be supported in vanilla DayZ (IMO).

Changes to DayZs technical architecture affects combat and, for this reason, I do believe KoS belongs on Experimental.

p.s. I am a US Army vet (Combat Medic - 91B/91W), pacifist, anti-war and against death penalty.

I agree with most of what you have said but I dont like KoS scuds on experimental.  PvP sure that's fine really its an integral part of the game. BUT,  I see the KoS addicts that lurke near the coast so that they can rack up esy kills on New spawns that dont have a pot to piss in as much the same as the KoS clowns that lurk on experimental so that they can rack up kills on folks that are otherwise engaged in testing and finding bugs for the community.

1) I almost never go on experimental 

2) I like PvP But I don't like gratuitous KoS vs easy targets.

PS I am a retired USMC 1812 (Tanker) and I support the death penalty only for slime that commit crimes against innocents and the weak (Children, old folks, and women in general). I am also against elective war against the weak for economic or political gain. One look at folks that have been ripped to shreds by gunfire or explosives makes me tend torads an anti war stance.

This may interest you a reenactment of a speech given by a Marine general officer in 1935. Gen_Smedley_Darlington_Butler_01_normal.

and....thank you for your service and enjoy them that beansbaked_beans.png

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1