Xbow

Roving UN infected Research Ship (Trade site)

My suggestion is to create a research ship that sits off the coast of Chernarus  Its location is variable. The ship’s purpose is to support a small team of scientists and medical personnel that are working on a method of controlling  the infected or possibly even curing them. But to do that the research team must have live infected subjects to study and dissect.

atlantis_main_en1_36169.jpg

The egg heads on the research will not round up infected themselves thats where the players come in. The researchers will barter for live research subjects and even severed heads of the infected if they are fresh.  players that have subdued and captured infected and wishes to trade them for goods such as Antibiotics, Ammunition, Weapons, Food, Tranquilizer Bolts, Injectable  Sedatives, Tasers, Pneumatic Tranquilizer guns and darts, Co2 cartridges, Clothing etc.  

You would have to subdue infected subjects by hitting them with a dart fired from a crossbow that injects them with a drug that will force them into a passive state for a day or so, cuff them and transport them to the floating lab  where they can be bartered off.

In the course of the transaction you would be dealing with an analog of Dr.Logan (Dr. Frankenstein) from George Romero’s Day Of The Dead. And his lab and infected containment area should be loaded with chained up subjects and grisly trophies and exhibits.

The Good Doctor

Day-of-the-Dead-Dr-Logan.gif

Tools of the Trade

Gun002-300x199.jpg......i-ed1786bb856a4a13b094b4d1a33bb240-blow%.....dayz-sawed-off-izh43-shotgun-300x84.jpg

barnett_crossbow_jackal.jpgdayz-improvised-ashwood-short-bow-300x87

a8cd4d6c8d4ca66eefa055c4741aea47.jpg

Syringes could be fired from a C02 gun or with a little crafting fired from a sawed double bbl shotgun or used in conjunction with a simple spear or improvised short bow. Once skewered The Infected could then be bound, gagged, blind folded and led off at the end of a rope to the ship or your groups holding pens .  Note if you dart another player there should be about a 50% chance  that the drug will kill the player outright. Even the Stun Drug could be crafted (cooked up) by the players from natural sources such as poisonous berries and herbs. There are may possibilities including using gold and silver coinage to purchase items from the research team but the gold standard would  be live test subjects $$$$. And the ship and any manned UN compounds would be safe areas where weapons are deactivated.

Marketplace_001.jpg?1418747479

In any case thats the idea / suggestion

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

the sea should somehow have some meaning....i dont know about the ship but island or something....or transform sea to the river and put more land....
but least some islands that we can craft boat and go there.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

Cool as that might be for say a single player version of DayZ, non Zombie NPCs aren't going to happen.  Now a drifting ship full of infected and high tier loot would be something the devs might be willing to do.  Could even be a rotating event, IE one week it's a medical/research ship full of medical supplies, next week it's a NATO military ship full of NATO military gear, next it's a cargoship full of 'exoitc' and perserved food and clothes and high end civilian weapons/ammo, next it's a Russian military ship full of Soviet/Russian gear.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

Cool as that might be for say a single player version of DayZ, non Zombie NPCs aren't going to happen.  Now a drifting ship full of infected and high tier loot would be something the devs might be willing to do.  Could even be a rotating event, IE one week it's a medical/research ship full of medical supplies, next week it's a NATO military ship full of NATO military gear, next it's a cargoship full of 'exoitc' and perserved food and clothes and high end civilian weapons/ammo, next it's a Russian military ship full of Soviet/Russian gear.

I think it would play better as a multi player thing.

Well my point was that NPCs aren't gonna happen.  And this would definitely be a group/endgame sort of thing, either using a repaired helicopter to get onto the ship or finding and repairing a boat, and depending on the boat, Cargo ships don't have large crews, but could always answer it away that they took on a bunch of refugees, or something, and military ships are usually crawling with sailors not to mention whatever sort of security force there is (Marines for the US).  Something that if one player just went out to the ship on a lifeboat he'd probably not have enough ammo or wouldn't be able to carry a lot of loot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

Well my point was that NPCs aren't gonna happen.  And this would definitely be a group/endgame sort of thing, either using a repaired helicopter to get onto the ship or finding and repairing a boat, and depending on the boat, Cargo ships don't have large crews, but could always answer it away that they took on a bunch of refugees, or something, and military ships are usually crawling with sailors not to mention whatever sort of security force there is (Marines for the US).  Something that if one player just went out to the ship on a lifeboat he'd probably not have enough ammo or wouldn't be able to carry a lot of loot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess you don't understand what I am proposing. The research team are not actually NPCs any more than the 'statues' that would sell you weapons for gold  bars in the MOD were NPCs; they were essentially  vending machines.

No need for a Helicopter, a Lunar Excursion Module or your Own speed Boat. Besides that any unidentified boat or helicopter approaching the ship would probably be (should be) shot down or blown out of the water by the ships security force (uerringly accurate AI shooters).  

As for how to get to the ship I was thinking of a boat parked at the end of a pier and a guy that is a bit like  Charon The Ferryman  that will transport you there. Just a guy wearing heavy (Impentrable) body armor and wearing full MOPP 4 gear with an automatic weapon that is supported by another silent guy in the same kind of gear but armed with a SAAW. Bang you're dead. 

gallery.jlist.acpg.jpg

Genuine Interaction with members of the research and their security team would not happen. Once you've forked over your cargo of infected you could use a computer terminal  to peruse a list of items that are available. Once you have selected  the items you want and can afford those items would be in the boat when you leave. You would probably need to carry an empty back pack to gather the items. I really don't think that:

100 rounds of .308 (5 slots),

a few empty magazines (3 to 6 slots),

5 MREs ( 10 slots)  New Item OR 10 cans of Baked Beans  

water purification tablets, (1 slot),

a pack of Antibiotics(1 slot),

5 tranquilizer darts (5 slots)

That would be too terribly bad or unproductive. Would it? 

And then you could also pack  a  thirty five slot carry bag (new item) in your hands  that could hold up to a 7 x 3 weapon with 14 slots to spare. If you went shopping with an empty mountain pack on your back and had a duffel bag you could carry over 60 slots of gear away.  Carrying loot back from the ship would be nothing since you could stash the bulk of your gear before you head out to the ship with your drugged and fully docile zombies in tow and ready for sale.   

On your way to the barter area in the ships hold you would see some infected in cages running around and beating on each other, a dumpster full of corpses, through a viewing window see a zombie being cut up on a slab, or whatever. But real interaction with NPCs other than zombies No Way!!!! (who in the hell would want that?)       

The goal is to give players something to do other than engaging in PVP and KoS activity .  

And Lastly no one knows what the DEVs would or wouldn't do  not even you, or me, or anyone but the DEVs. And I seriously doubt that an End Game scenario you suggest is in the offing so forget that it won't happen. That's what is great about Day Z your continued survival is  the game and ultimate goal. You have no asshole quests to accomplish and you will not save the world..Ever!  

One problem I see is how much would infected test subjects be worth? Should Military, Civilian,  Farmer John, naked old geezer, and Dress and Dyke zombies all have the same value? and what should that value be? 100cr to 200cr? Should value be storeable in the form of an  ATM card or a stack of UN money scripts? What should the various weapons and items cost in UN credits? 

Another problem is a good thing really and that is getting hijacked  after you have loaded up been put ashore and are heading to your hideout to redistribute and cache your extra  gear. There is great potential for good gun fights. 

Thanks  for your commentary!  You have been issued one can of beans  baked_beans.png

Edited by Xbow

20 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

I like this idea!

I applaud the initiative and the design of the post. I really love this kind of ideas and the presentation. Either to discuss them and get the best of them or create others from them. I think that is the main idea of the suggestions section because, after all, no one knows what can be possible in this game and what are the things that will never have a place in it.

Having said that, I think the idea is not bad, but I am thinking of how it can be instrumented in a not so long term. Clearly NPC`s will be needed for this to work. Not with the complexity of a NPC that interacts extensively with the player, but one that is limited to serve as a bank or exchange of objects with the players.

I think the technologies involved in this would make the idea not take place until long after the beta or when mods are enable. Thats why nowadays, your idea is more for a role server than as a general feature of Dayz. Mainly because it would have to solve questions like:

• 1) How to capture the zombies (new animations required)
  • 2) How to exchange them (they would have to design the exchange system)
  • 3) How would the interaction with the NPCS (could kill them or not, there would be a limit of objects
  • 4) How would this affect players and their distribution (would it cause players to stay on the coast too much? Could this be solved with inland rivers in Chernarus?)
  • 5) Among other thinks to solve

While it is not a limitation, I think there would be necesary think about a first approximation to your main idea to see how it works (And if developers really take our ideas). Modifying it a bit, I think it would be a good starting point try something like this:

• Green areas should first be incorporated, ie regions on the map where hostile activity can not be done. Without this, I believe that any attempt at initiative to offer alternatives to simple pvp would be rapidly annihilated by this.
  • Secondly, I think the idea of a trading zone on a research ship off the coast for players (what on role servers is called a "role point") and where hostile acts are not allowed would be a good starting point. There the players could feel safe and make exchanges between them. They would have to swim to get there, which would prevent them from carrying weapons in their hands. A system of protection could be to avoid that the players can drag things to their hands in these zones, avoiding thus attacks, shots, grenades, etc.
  • Third, I would have to analyze how this works inside the servers. If they generate too much people crush, if people stay too much on the coast, if it damages the central economy of loot. This done, it would be necessary to create a secure exchange system (I planted an idea in one of my suggestions post some time ago, you are invited to see it whenever you want). In order to avoid the "crush" of people (as an example), this ship could well appear like the helicrash (that is to say, randomly in any coast of the map) or could be several boats that appear in different coasts of chernarus by the period that the restart of the server .

I really consider it necessary to discuss activities outside of pvp within the servers because clearly dayz can not be composed to 100% of this (PVP). I think the game limits the lore and loses a lot of potential if it centers only in pvp. Improving communication (radios), factions, bases building, medical treatments, sickness, passive and unique abilities of each player to make it different from the other and therefore necessary for the other ... are all features that we have to discuss and work on. 

In addition to this, the zombies must have a new role within dayz. They can not simply be the ones who annoy you by pointing a gun at another player or those who can kill you if they lock you in a house. It should no doubt increase its dangerousness and usefulness, either by making them useful for survival (food, leather, exchange objects, blood, etc.) or to make it absolutely difficult (enormous hordes of zombies that transit from west to east and force Players to ditch or collaborate together to survive).

I repeat, I applaud such ideas.

P.D: Sorry for my terrible English

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 1

Asmondian, Good commentary and enjoy the beans you so richly deserve. baked_beans.png

Note: Your English is just fine sir

• Like 1