Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.138602

Hello Survivors,

We are releasing small security update on the Experimental branch today.

Have a nice Status Report day! :)

• Like 7

Thanks Baty! Hopefully .62 is right around this corner! 

• Like 1

You guys kind of need to release the status report before we can read it ?

• Like 3

what is new in status report?
is it released somewhere?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

what is new in status report?
is it released somewhere?

Been looking. . No cigar, yet. 

I hope they didn't forget >_> Or maybe they're dropping something beefy on us?. . No idea yet, but it's getting to be worrisome. 

However, as I haven't gotten this Security Update just yet, I'm assuming either it failed. . or they're loading a lot more into it. 

Edited by Espa

They reallyyyy need to be on this Sharing thing faster than we are xD Thanks Gobbokirk

• Like 3

Actually, HOLY CRAP! There is like a bazillion things in this video that are showcased and not even talked about. I stopped at 0:48 and there was a chart of new animations. . Oh. My. God. DayZ is coming. . 

Just to name a *tiny bit*, Falling (In many different positions and impacts), Evade Rolling, Sneaky Restrain, Buttstock Attack. . Ooooohweee. 

Can we have this tomorrow? Like jesus. There's A LOT more in the video. You can even seen the .62 FORESTS in a FLYBY! (2:28-39)

Great video, like damn. 

Edited by Espa
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Espa said:

Just to name a *tiny bit*, Falling (In many different positions and impacts), Evade Rolling, Sneaky Restrain, Buttstock Attack. . Ooooohweee. 

And you wonder why I get frustrated with the ignorant things people say about DayZ dev....

I'm super psyched for a whole new game; the king is dead, long live the king.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Espa said:

That dab gesture though. If you made a sweet kill, you throw your gun away and dab, ghehe.

• Like 5

Loved reading the status update.  Had a quick blast at lunch time for 45 minutes or so on this patch.  Only had a chance to confirm that the bird is the word:

A96F6AD35674C3A6A6F0291C7931755C222A1229

that's a dead chicken by the way :)

Also got persistently bothered by this zed that wanted to talk or something.  Anyway I noticed that regardless of whether you are hidden, crawling, standing etc. once a zed has locked on to you, it will just follow you regardless of your noise level.  It would be great to adjust this in the future so you can be a little more canny to avoid zeds.  Current tactic is just to stand there until they lose interest and wander to the next house, pamphlet in hand.  Excuse me sir, do you have a minute for me to eat your brains?

AF47576F1319E28F1A50EF453AFEA2601A02CDA3

Overall a good blast, nothing major noticed, and performance was strong.

SM

• Like 5

Well that status report looks good, really like the changes that are planned and very excited that devs are taking the extra time to do it right. The current build seems to be running really well. Hopefully we will see beta in the near future! Thank you devs! Purchased this game when it was released and was very disappointed with the game. However, with all the renewed work over this past year or so, thing are looking up and I can imagine that other people will start purchasing this game again if it is developed right. The name DayZ was the first and currently one of the best survival games around! With the planned changes it will remain one of the best games!

• Like 2

Been putting a few hours into the last few EXP updates. Crashes are still occurring but other than that bugs are few and far between. The one minor bug that's driving me crazy is the server restart and restart message regime on northeast 01 is totally screwed up. The server doesn't seem to actually restart every 12 hours and constantly throws misleading restart messages.

Killed by a wolf, killed by a zombie, dying to find a .22 pistol mag for my amphibia

Lots and lots of rain

CZuypi8.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FlimFlamm said:

The one minor bug that's driving me crazy is the server restart and restart message regime on northeast 01 is totally screwed up. The server doesn't seem to actually restart every 12 hours and constantly throws misleading restart messages.

Anyone else guys?

43 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Anyone else guys?

seen similar behaviour on multiple official servers. learned to live with it.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2017 at 3:32 PM, Espa said:

If you've ever watched the main menu animations, you'll actually see your character perform a pistol whip if it's holding a pistol.

• Like 2

I found a truck and drove it all over and then traded it for a Lada. I love the Lada! I parked it in a thick dense forest and logged back in the next day and it was gone. Walked through the forest crying and then I found a truck and was happy again and drove all around and lost control near a house and got stuck on the side of a house swarmed with zombies. The back wheels were up on the roof almost and I tried everything and nothing seemed to work until I got it into 4th gear with the engine screaming and it bounced down and I wrecked a bit. Made it out of that and into the woods on a steep hill and slid sideways into a couple trees and got stuck. Finally made it out of that and the truck was spinning like a top down the hill into a town and destroyed the battery and some other parts. Found a Lada! Drove it up into the mountains and when I logged in last night it was gone...cry. Seems choppy in a vehicle or on foot when I get near buildings. Otherwise it's pretty stable and fun. I have so many cans of food now that I am eating it so I can pick up more cans :-D

• Like 2

Baty, any idea when a new exp. build might be coming? I want to make sure I go all out with my character before a wipe ;-) The new builds are getting there, it is awesome to have vehicles back, even if they are not perfect yet. My cousin and I have found a couple of cars and trucks to get around. Makes traveling much faster.

Edited by ShallowTech

24 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Baty, any idea when a new exp. build might be coming? I want to make sure I go all out with my character before a wipe ;-) The new builds are getting there, it is awesome to have vehicles back, even if they are not perfect yet. My cousin and I have found a couple of cars and trucks to get around. Makes traveling much faster.

No update today. That is all I know now. :)

• Like 1

On 7.4.2017 at 1:45 PM, Baty Alquawen said:

Anyone else guys?

just noticed this in stable version dayzstandaloneitalia server.
server restarts in 5 seconds....
nothing happens.

• Like 1

kopo79, i think this is a known issue right now. collect info. and post the issue on the bug tracker

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kopo79 said:

just noticed this in stable version dayzstandaloneitalia server.
server restarts in 5 seconds....
nothing happens.

Yeah, It is fixed now. :)

• Like 2

CAN confirm that the Bug of dropping while in Queue is real.

I was affected twice yesterday and crashed through, despite there not being a real wait. I also hit a few tremendous lag bubbles that caused me to restart my computer or endure 0 frames on the my entire comp for however long. 

--- ALSO, can confirm that Zeds are indeed frightening, but are subjected to Server Performance. I had one run after me after being the first one back on the server and WOW, they hit and move so damn fast. We need to fix that stuff immediately.