exacomvm

Bring the Night back

I miss the times when you were able to stalk flashlight "newbies" and overall realism of the night. Now playing in night feels like daytime overcast and limits many possibilities and fun, since dayz mostly covered with forests and not working lights i think the  blind-dark nights is necessary. Basically making fixed brightness/gamma and removing it from options should do it. Or even making it like in Arma 3, if person tries to increase gamma there is still limit in view distance that doesnt change.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 4

Yes please. We need pitch black nights, otherwise there is no use for weapon flashlights and headtorches and stuff like that at all. You basically play DayZ in bright day 24/7. I rather have that intense sneaking through darkness.

I agree the night in the mod was scary as shit and when they finally fix the weather hope they put in lightening flashes and give it a more realistic feel to it.

I'd rather play in the night rather than in the day. I do hope they bring it back.

One thing that coulod possibly make better darkness really interesting is dynamic star/moonlight such that under trees, in dark houses, and under cloud cover could become more classically pitch black. When and where starlight and moonlight is available, vision comparable to what we have now would be possible.

This would have a bonus of making forests scary at night, abandoned dark houses creepy, lights more valuable, and stormy nights overall more terrifying.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Only a shining torch will give you certainty about what the fart was from the bush. Makes it so the dark remains what it is, black must remain black, even if it is made to bright black with hardware regulators.

pitch black nights aren't so common as to make every single one as dark. I believe we should watch and see what devs are planning to fix that shit. Hope is something like rust implemented.

How about No.. If they brought it back in 5min you lot be on here moaning about the Gamma/Brightness Trick. They just need to make it Dynamic if you undercover in a forest it get darker but when in open field it lighter but you can only see a few meters into a pitch black forest.