Sign in to follow this  
Berrett

One hit by a zombie?

Hi guys

Looting through NWAF, I got attacked by a zombie, one hit ruined by vest along with its content. Continuing on, I encountered a different zombie at the tents - one hit killed me. Is it normal? Is it because I did not wear a helmet? How can I prevent it in the future?

Yes it is possible that you a zombie almost! One hit can. As you describe it, I try to give you a logical explanation. The first zombie that ruined the vest could land a critical hit with you. The sign of the vest wanted to tell you that the hit on the upper body was. Your bony system has been damaged. The second zombie may have given you with a normal hit. But since your bone system was very weak, this hit came to death. If you had taken a split / morphine after the hit of the first zombie, then the second would not have been so bad. Wolves can do this too, but they aim at upper body and head, so here also no message about bone damage (report comes only with leg and arm -> old controller problem).

Edit: this give my a good idea to test the different zombie Hits on Exp... thx for status window.

Top Secret message:

(You can walk without shoes ...your health go down just to max. 1000 then end the red messages an the damage of health. Run of Streets make 0.1 Damage per second..  on fields rocks an overland streets the damage is 1.2 D.p.s. and at least the forest are the real killer of your feets.. 3! D.p.s. ... you can 1.5 h run in the Forest and your Health goes to ~ 1000  (ö_ö)

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Yes it is possible that you a zombie almost! One hit can. As you describe it, I try to give you a logical explanation. The first zombie that ruined the vest could land a critical hit with you. The sign of the vest wanted to tell you that the hit on the upper body was. Your bony system has been damaged. The second zombie may have given you with a normal hit. But since your bone system was very weak, this hit came to death. If you had taken a split / morphine after the hit of the first zombie, then the second would not have been so bad. Wolves can do this too, but they aim at upper body and head, so here also no message about bone damage (report comes only with leg and arm -> old controller problem).

Edit: this give my a good idea to test the different zombie Hits on Exp... thx for status window.

Top Secret message:

(You can walk without shoes ...your health go down just to max. 1000 then end the red messages an the damage of health. Run of Streets make 0.1 Damage per second..  on fields rocks an overland streets the damage is 1.2 D.p.s. and at least the forest are the real killer of your feets.. 3! D.p.s. ... you can 1.5 h run in the Forest and your Health goes to ~ 1000  (ö_ö)

That's not entirely true. When one of your bones gets a significant amount of damage your screen will flash red and/or your character will cry out in pain for a second.

• Like 1

Weird, as today, when a Z hit me and restored my soviet military helmet from damaged to pristine... It's not a joke

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, IMT said:

That's not entirely true. When one of your bones gets a significant amount of damage your screen will flash red and/or your character will cry out in pain for a second.

Yes its true, the scream I've heard more often, but the red screen is new to me, or I just have never really noticed. But believe you.

Posted 29 minutes ago · oldfossil

Weird, as today, when a Z hit me and restored my soviet military helmet from damaged to pristine... It's not a joke

DayZ live ^^ , So as I have already ruined pants on pristine repaired ....

Edited by Sqeezorz

3 hours ago, oldfossil said:

Guess those are holy infected, their touch is magical. Had it happen once as well.

3 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Yes its true, the scream I've heard more often, but the red screen is new to me, or I just have never really noticed. But believe you.

DayZ live ^^ , So as I have already ruined pants on pristine repaired ....

Really? Even when you were in a firefight? I don't get it that frequently but sometimes when I get shot my screen will flash red and my character will scream.

No doubt some strange things happen in Day-Z but seriously its all good. I have been one hit knocked out and subsequently killed by a military Zed while not wearing a helmet (but not while being Bright Green Healthy Hydrated & Energized) although that is possible. Now I generally use a  Skate Helmet as  minimum protection.  

A Zed can take up to has 4400 shock and we players can take up to  5000 shock when in perfect health. So yes if a zed hits you on the button it can KO or Kill you. My problem is I dont know exactly how much shock a Zed can put on you with one hit. What I do know is that  shock damage is cumulative. All shock damage is transferred to your core. When you have absorbed enough shock damage its lights out and then death when the Zed pounds on you while you are knocked out.  So if you have been swapping blows with a zed and taken hits you may have absorbed enough Shock to render you killable with another hit or two. if you have taken some hits run hide and load up on food and water and take time out to regenerate. You are looking for healing + hydrated+energized. but only when you arrive at Healthy, Hydrated, Energized are you completely recovered. Your friends are Time, inactivity, complete hydration and being fully energized. From my experience a Epinefrin shot to reset your shock to zero is good but for blood loss  that takes some time unless you get a transfusion.              

Baseball hat protection   (Ballistic Zero) (Bleed10%) (shock zero)

Boonie Hat Protection (Ballistic Zero) (Bleed10%) (Shock30)

Skate Helmet Protection (Ballistic0.40) (Bleed85%) (Shock4500)

Fire Fighters Helmet Protection (Ballistic0.85) (Bleed95%) (Shock6000)

Ballistic Helmet Protection (Ballistic1.50) (Bleed90%) (Shock10000)

**A**  An interesting side note is that for those of us that have taken a mystery hit from what appears to be an invisible Zed what has happened is that you have become separated from your hit box possibly whle negotiating a tight doorway where you got stuck. (like the dicked up doorway to the small Quonset hut on the North West Corner of the NWAF). Remember a zed isn't going after your animation's position its going after your hit box that's all it sees.  As far as getting in sync with your hit box again I know of no other 100% reliable method other than logging out and then logging back on. If there Is there another way let me know. they say going back through the door works but I dont know.     

5 hours ago, Xbow said:

No doubt some strange things happen in Day-Z but seriously its all good. I have been one hit knocked out and subsequently killed by a military Zed while not wearing a helmet (but not while being Bright Green Healthy Hydrated & Energized) although that is possible. Now I generally use a  Skate Helmet as  minimum protection.  

A Zed can take up to has 4400 shock and we players can take up to  5000 shock when in perfect health. So yes if a zed hits you on the button it can KO or Kill you. My problem is I dont know exactly how much shock a Zed can put on you with one hit. What I do know is that  shock damage is cumulative. All shock damage is transferred to your core. When you have absorbed enough shock damage its lights out and then death when the Zed pounds on you while you are knocked out.  So if you have been swapping blows with a zed and taken hits you may have absorbed enough Shock to render you killable with another hit or two. if you have taken some hits run hide and load up on food and water and take time out to regenerate. You are looking for healing + hydrated+energized. but only when you arrive at Healthy, Hydrated, Energized are you completely recovered. Your friends are Time, inactivity, complete hydration and being fully energized. From my experience a Epinefrin shot to reset your shock to zero is good but for blood loss  that takes some time unless you get a transfusion.              

Baseball hat protection   (Ballistic Zero) (Bleed10%) (shock zero)

Boonie Hat Protection (Ballistic Zero) (Bleed10%) (Shock30)

Skate Helmet Protection (Ballistic0.40) (Bleed85%) (Shock4500)

Fire Fighters Helmet Protection (Ballistic0.85) (Bleed95%) (Shock6000)

Ballistic Helmet Protection (Ballistic1.50) (Bleed90%) (Shock10000)

**A**  An interesting side note is that for those of us that have taken a mystery hit from what appears to be an invisible Zed what has happened is that you have become separated from your hit box possibly whle negotiating a tight doorway where you got stuck. (like the dicked up doorway to the small Quonset hut on the North West Corner of the NWAF). Remember a zed isn't going after your animation's position its going after your hit box that's all it sees.  As far as getting in sync with your hit box again I know of no other 100% reliable method other than logging out and then logging back on. If there Is there another way let me know. they say going back through the door works but I dont know.     

Some things that need to be mentioned: even if you're healthy, that doesn't mean your shock is at 0. Healthy means that your blood is at 5000 as well as your health. Fact is that infected do more blood damage than shock damage. You're most likely to pass out when your blood is low by hits from infected rather than pass out because of high shock and high blood. That's also the most common cause of death, blood loss. You will very likely die because your health hit 0. Of course it can be a combination of blood loss and increase of shock. If you get shot by an high powerful round you will take a lot of blood damage but also shock which will render you unconscious immediately. If you're bleeding and it's serious you will bleed out. Once I got shot but what I believe was a FAL, right before I passed out I was at 2500 blood. When I woke up not long later (maybe 1 minute or so) I was at 600 blood and went unconscious right before my bandaging finished. Eventually I died because of the blood loss.

Also, if you get hit by an infected and it's hitting you for example in the door of the quonset hut doesn't mean your animation went on. Your clientside position is at that point different than the server one. And the serverside position is leading so the infected will hit you where the server thinks you are. I believe that vaulting (pressing V) will synchronize your position. Punching an object will synchronize your position as well I believe.

• Like 1

On 1.4.2017 at 7:49 PM, IMT said:

Really? Even when you were in a firefight? I don't get it that frequently but sometimes when I get shot my screen will flash red and my character will scream

Yes really, I'm dying too rarely. Since I'm only on RP'Server and currently on Exp play my death is something rare. If it comes to that I die by a firefight, then it comes very spontaneously, usually it is then a KoS Headshot .. So Blackscreen and YAD .. the remaining deaths end slowly and with agony ... wolves..Zeds and evil rocks .