Storymaster

Grenades - Where did they go?

Back in January, I was finding the RGD-5 grenade quite regularly. Over the past two months, I have not seen a single one I run military bases daily--primarily Tisy and NWAF. Only flash bangs and smoke grenades to be found. Have grenades been temporarily removed from the game?

345px-RGD-5_Grenade.png?version=bf824c79

No, they are definitely in the game but they are kind of rare. I found one yesterday or the day before in Tisy I believe.

• Like 2

I have only found the frag grenades in heli crashes. I haven't seen a single frag grenade spawn in any military location, yet. I do however, find flashbangs fairly often, which of course are next to useless :). Also, if you go pvp in Kamy on a public high pop, you will find *many* grenades. :) have fun

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

I do however, find flashbangs fairly often, which of course are next to useless :).

Flashbangs can be very, very useful if you're in the middle of nowhere in a high-wolf risk area (eg the far western woods).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Flashbangs can be very, very useful if you're in the middle of nowhere in a high-wolf risk area (eg the far western woods).

Wait, what? Can you please explain this?

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Wait, what? Can you please explain this?

Flashbangs have a significant effect on wolves, as seen here:

This worked the last time I tried it near Tisy, but you need some luck if you're running from them at the time.

• Like 4

I can confirm they spawn all over mil sites, not just heli crashes. Ive found most of mine in barracks.. usually inside of a jacket/pants. Lately I have found about 6 grenades in 2 weeks.

That might be why so many arent seeing them? Spawn inside items..?

Also, I am pissed that they are less effective at destroying vehicles than a fireaxe. WTF is that all about? I scavenge for grenades to help clean up the car mess .. and those floating cars still wont go away even after 4 grenades that appeared to damage it. :/

Edited by lrishjake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

I can confirm they spawn all over mil sites, not just heli crashes. Ive found most of mine in barracks.. usually inside of a jacket/pants. Lately I have found about 6 grenades in 2 weeks.

That might be why so many arent seeing them? Spawn inside items..?

Also, I am pissed that they are less effective at destroying vehicles than a fireaxe. WTF is that all about? I scavenge for grenades to help clean up the car mess .. and those floating cars still wont go away even after 4 grenades that appeared to damage it. :/

Thanks for the tip on looking inside clothes, Irish.

Also - wasn't aware that grenades are currently shit for demoing vehicles, as that is why I was searching for them--to save on ammunition when demoing busted vehicles, especially those pesky V3S's that take a licking and keep on ticking. Well, they're shit for crashing--they just take an ungodly amount of ammo compared to the sedan or hatchback. You figure their robustness would make them far more resilient to crashing as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolf of Thorns said:

Thanks for the tip on looking inside clothes, Irish.

Also - wasn't aware that grenades are currently shit for demoing vehicles, as that is why I was searching for them--to save on ammunition when demoing busted vehicles, especially those pesky V3S's that take a licking and keep on ticking. Well, they're shit for crashing--they just take an ungodly amount of ammo compared to the sedan or hatchback. You figure their robustness would make them far more resilient to crashing as well.

Man.. I hit a car dead center. One that was parked in a field, stuck on a fence. Not a damned thing happened.

I came back the next and axed it once.. went grey, and disappeared on reset. :)

• Like 2

If the vehicles are in an oblique position are the things to Russian tanks, I trained myself today with an fire-axe at a Sedan to Hulk Holgan ..... just before i exploding in front of the monitor, the Sedan finally ran into ruined ... I Love DayZ.

:/ :O ;))) roflcopter

• Like 1

Use to find grenades in heli crashes all the time, but it's been months since I've found them there.  As mentioned above, in military areas, normally in clothing.

Like cars, tents and barrels, are there a limited number of nades on each server?