Sign in to follow this  
Storymaster

Can vehicle doors, hoods, etc be repaired?

As the title suggests, can vehicle doors, hoods, rear covers, etc be repaired by tools to any degree in current or planned versions of DayZ? Essentially, is there a way to "bang out" the dents back to a 'Worn' status?

532px-CivilianSedan_DriverDoor.png?versi366px-Hammer2.png?version=7a4cb2738617dd

42 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

no.

at least not yet.

vader.jpg

• Like 2

I hope stuff like that will be implemented in beta stage. Finetuning of all the different systems (repairing/cooking/crafting/medic etc)

• Like 1

On a little sidetrack: do doors actually serve a purpose? Like protecting you against bullets perhaps? As it is I tend to remove doors because it makes it easier getting in and out and when you try to hide the vehicle from view there are less bright coloured surfaces to attract the attention of other players, the vehicle blends better with its surroundings that way, camouflage if you will. And on that note, would be nice to use the spray cans to make a camouflage pattern.

Edited by nl
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, nl said:

On a little sidetrack: do doors actually serve a purpose? Like protecting you against bullets perhaps? As it is I tend to remove doors because it makes it easier getting in and out and when you try to hide the vehicle from view there are less bright coloured surfaces to attract the attention of other players, the vehicle blends better with its surroundings that way, camouflage if you will...

I thought it will protect you. As they implemented the Lada, they implemented the degradation of vehicleparts too. The devs made a vid where the car parts felt away after shooting on it. If I remember it right. 

46 minutes ago, nl said:

... And on that note, would be nice to use the spray cans to make a camouflage pattern.

Oh yes! I want hve my freedom of spray! Spray my hammer green, and may nailed baseballbat black! I think stuff like that will be implemented after Daisy hits beta.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

Daisy

I like this.

• Like 3