Sign in to follow this  
DayZ Civ

Server listing only showing low, medium, high pop?!?

So we decided to fire up DayZ servers again, but found something somewhat appalling:  Server list only shows Low, Medium, High population.  For anyone attempting to grow a community, this is disastrous because people browsing servers never know if there are 0 or 15 people on a low population server, therefore it takes a much larger pool of people to grow a server's population; I assume at 20 on a 60 pop server, it finally goes to medium?

You see, hiding the # of players is pointless, as anyone who logs into a server can then shift-tab to overlay and see who is on the server at that moment anyhow.  Hiding the population serves absolutely no purpose, other than discouraging people to rent servers.

Can you please do something about this?  We just fired up 2 new servers, which are overpriced to begin with, and people can't even see that we actively have 8-12 people online during prime times, so folks figure the server is empty.

The Civ Gaming Community

civgaming.org

I can agree here but i think more so maybe you want to see the player list in game. That is what i miss, being able to witness my ping. I can understand why they took it out (player list) but atleast let me see my ping. Maybe there is a console option ??

That's the whole thing, I understand why they removed the list in game, but it makes no sense because you can still shift-tab to the Steam overlay and see who is on anyhow, so limiting that functionality was absolutely pointless.

It is true that it is meaningless. But I'm also too stupid in gametracker or steam to look at how much players are really on a server ... the indication low, medium, high is completely ok.

their own Ping can be seen was a good thing, that's something I miss.

Edited by Sqeezorz

See, many people, when logging in to servers, liked being able to know if a server had 0 people or 15, as it makes a difference.  Knowing if a server is empty, people may not join, but knowing there are 15 people on, they may see the potential for PvP as well, and like the idea of joining, knowing it is not an empty server...

Hello there

thread cleaned.

Now, we *do* allow folk to highlight if they have had poor service from a supplier, however, Weyland, this wasnt the way to do it. Keep it factual and without emotion and we will allow it.

As to you DAYZ CIV, you haven't shown yourself in a hugely professional light in your replies either.

You are both welcome to try again but any insults may result in a short sharp shock.

Carry on.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Hello there

thread cleaned.

Now, we *do* allow folk to highlight if they have had poor service from a supplier, however, Weyland, this wasnt the way to do it. Keep it factual and without emotion and we will allow it.

As to you DAYZ CIV, you haven't shown yourself in a hugely professional light in your replies either.

You are both welcome to try again but any insults may result in a short sharp shock.

Carry on.

Rgds

LoK

i could tell you all about mr dayz civ and how he has screwed over his community donators and other servers hes been involved with in the past but i have a feeling people will eventually learn the hard way if he manages to get a community running again

Locked, any more of this and I will issue infraction points and suspensions.