Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.138458

I really would like to know this... honestly i have had this question on my mind for a very long time.

1. Arma 3 vehicles work well.

2. dayz vehicles don't, but have parts.

what on earth could be a difference here when driving? different engines, coding doesn't work? rehashing new code.

Is it the net code that is causing all of this desync issues?

I really have to ask this, maybe  a random Dev will answer this.

@ one time i remember the vs3 working well, until gear shifting was put in. We just needed more power going up larger hills. 1-2 gear.

• Like 1

Let me try and answer what I can for you Kaiser88...

-i cant skin and quarter the cows and deers

Try skinning animals from the front of the carcass.. scan around until you can see the option, back towards yourself at times even

-i dont find any fish when i go fishing

Had someone catch their first carp on TS couple of nights ago, so you can still fish. There's a method for fishing then the last part seems to be simply getting the timing right.. watched a youtube tutorial when I had trouble with it.

- tents and barrels disapear sometimes ( offline 5 min for smoking and when i m back all disapear ( 8 barrels, 2 millitary tents and 11 normal tents ) it can't be someone ) , an other day all barrels disapear but not the tents, and yesterday all the tents

Haven't experienced this during .61 myself but some admins I know were talking about tents going but barrels staying on their server yesterday.. very strange! Could be a glitch with persistence maybe, the admins reverting back to an earlier persistence file or simply resetting persistence in the other cases you mentioned.. look into the server your playing on, could be the admins trying to scare you away if its a low pop public server possibly.

- trucks and bus are always stuck on railroad or railroad crossing the only way for move it is to use an other vehicule for push it, same for rocks and little walls

Railroads are a pain for sure.. that's why I take an alternative route or one where I have the speed to clear them. Was it mentioned in a status report a little while ago that they will be lowered possibly when the next patch comes out? I cant remember too be certain this wasn't just someone's interpretation of what was said though.

-maybe add a tool or a command for unstuck vehicules would be interesting

This goes against all that DayZ is about, wait for mods until this is available I would think. 

- i think i try every way possible to repair a weel with the tire repair kit

Hold the repair kit in your hands, open the vehicles inventory then right click (could be left) on the wheel to repair, double wheels cant be repaired unless you use duct tape for a marginal increase.. ruined wheels cant be repaired at all even if they're pristine :) I take all the wheels off and back on once I have repaired them so it registered that they are repaired and doesn't compromise the vehicles handling.

- Zombies and wolves pass through the doors

This is a client to server glitch I believe.. had it happen once and yes it got me killed! I play on pretty high ping servers and its not really an issue.. Is it a high pop server? I still haven't encountered it on those either, but maybe I haven't been in the right situation for it to occur.

- we can't use a saline bag with IV kit on yourself ( and i dont find the way for fill and use a blood bag, i just can fill a seringe with blood but i can't use it on me ) , when you are alone and sick it's very hard to survive to the sickness

That's the DayZ way.. wait for mods for this to be changed I would think.

- all water is drinkable and dont need a purification tablets

I know plenty of players that have contracted cholera when they drank water while not healthy so I'd say this isn't correct.

-Is there a blood,food and thirst gauge somewhere ? (menu, options...) i dont find it

No there isn't any blood gauge except in experimental servers.. food and thirst indicators are there when you open your inventory.. if you don't see them it means your nether thirsty or hydrated etc.

Hope this helps you enjoy the game a bit more.

• Like 2

Quote sneaky:

@ one time i remember the vs3 working well, until gear shifting was put in. We just needed more power going up larger hills. 1-2 gear.

That's true, I believe it is because the cars are now composed of different parts. So a mobile drum with lots of collisions checks and wheels. The Devs have to simplify this system. I have the feeling they want to make it too perfect. (As example: drive with open doors should not go .. so the collisions box would be somewhat easier). We hope for once that it s.der old controller lies ... ave maria.

3 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Quote sneaky:

That's true, I believe it is because the cars are now composed of different parts. So a mobile drum with lots of collisions checks and wheels. The Devs have to simplify this system. I have the feeling they want to make it too perfect. (As example: drive with open doors should not go .. so the collisions box would be somewhat easier). We hope for once that it s.der old controller lies ... ave maria.

Well i can understand that then, collision parts. Custom code for collision checks and how it handles it.

12 hours ago, Kaiser88 said:

Hello Guys i noticed some bugs :

-i cant skin and quarter the cows and deers ( i dont have this problem in old versions)

-i dont find any fish when i go fishing ( same i dont have this problem in old versions)

- tents and barrels disapear sometimes ( offline 5 min for smoking and when i m back all disapear ( 8 barrels, 2 millitary tents and 11 normal tents ) it can't be someone ) , an other day all barrels disapear but not the tents, and yesterday all the tents....

- trucks and bus are always stuck on railroad or railroad crossing the only way for move it is to use an other vehicule for push it, same for rocks and little walls ( maybe add a tool or a command for unstuck vehicules would be interesting )

- i think i try every way possible to repair a weel with the tire repair kit ( it does not work )

- Zombies and wolves pass through the doors

- When you are sick, and eat and drink a lot the survivor throws up the sickness indicator disapear but you are still sick

- i dont know if it's normal but:

- we can't use a saline bag with IV kit on yourself ( and i dont find the way for fill and use a blood bag, i just can fill a seringe with blood but i can't use it on me ) , when you are alone and sick it's very hard to survive to the sickness

- we can't unfill Barrels with a bottle, jerican..... just fill the barrel ( only when create hole in ) when you store things in, they are wet or damp

- they have no indication for Destoyed vehicules

- we can't fill directly the tank of a vehicule in a gas station, always with a jerrican

- all water is drinkable and dont need a purification tablets

And Questions:

-Is there a blood,food and thirst gauge somewhere ? (menu, options...) i dont find it

Have a nice day

Just out of curiosity, on which server did you barrels and tents disappear?

6 hours ago, IMT said:

Just out of curiosity, on which server did you barrels and tents disappear?

my server and i dont restart or anything

Edited by Kaiser88

I was driving in a v3s chasis when I stopped at Zelenogorsk military base and after getting out to shoot some infected and loot the base the truck lifted off it's front wheels and then appeared to roll over on it's side so I decided to check out the military base and when I came back the truck was somehow floating in the air and at first I shot at the front of the truck to see if it would come down and had no luck so I shot the bottom of it and suddenly it returned to normal. I've never had that happen until today which is odd.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 5:44 PM, Kaiser88 said:

Hello Guys i noticed some bugs :

-i cant skin and quarter the cows and deers ( i dont have this problem in old versions)  If animals are running when killed, you must start skinning looking at the nose, and back away until you see prompt.

-i dont find any fish when i go fishing ( same i dont have this problem in old versions)  You are bad at fishing.  Try waiting 30 seconds before you check the bait, then 5 second intervals once you sense movement, and 3 seconds after something is cautiously examining.

- tents and barrels disapear sometimes ( offline 5 min for smoking and when i m back all disapear ( 8 barrels, 2 millitary tents and 11 normal tents ) it can't be someone ) , an other day all barrels disapear but not the tents, and yesterday all the tents....  Is it possible that you put those there exactly 45 days ago?

- trucks and bus are always stuck on railroad or railroad crossing the only way for move it is to use an other vehicule for push it, same for rocks and little walls ( maybe add a tool or a command for unstuck vehicules would be interesting )  Vehicles work best on roadways.  I can usually get most unstuck from drivers seat.

- i think i try every way possible to repair a weel with the tire repair kit ( it does not work )  Hold repair kit in hands, mouse-over wheel, right click, repair tire.

- Zombies and wolves pass through the doors  Usually only one at a time, don't be afraid, just use your ax to kill them, one at a time.

- When you are sick, and eat and drink a lot the survivor throws up the sickness indicator disapear but you are still sick  Go figure, vomiting does not cure illness...

- i dont know if it's normal but:

- we can't use a saline bag with IV kit on yourself ( and i dont find the way for fill and use a blood bag, i just can fill a seringe with blood but i can't use it on me ) , when you are alone and sick it's very hard to survive to the sickness  This is intentional, that you cannot IV or draw your own blood, find a buddy to help you.

- we can't unfill Barrels with a bottle, jerican..... just fill the barrel ( only when create hole in ) when you store things in, they are wet or damp This is true.

- they have no indication for Destoyed vehicules  Go find a vehicle that won't drive, open the hood, hit the engine twice with a fire ax.  You will see the destroyed vehicle indication.  It looks like an 8 foot tall fireball, can't miss it.

- we can't fill directly the tank of a vehicule in a gas station, always with a jerrican This is also true.

- all water is drinkable and dont need a purification tablets  If you are healthy, there is roughly a 2% chance to get cholera from pondwater; keep drinking dirty water, you'll catch cholera eventually, chance of infection increases greatly with low health.  

And Questions:

-Is there a blood,food and thirst gauge somewhere ? (menu, options...) i dont find it  Energy, hydration, health, bone status, wetness, and temperature are all indicated when relevant.  They are visible in your inventory.  If you don't see anything, you need to eat and drink.

Have a nice day

Feesh!
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

On 31.3.2017 at 10:57 PM, Sqeezorz said:

Kopo79 the Spring fly in, to Chernarus ... the tempratures go up ^^ .... time to search short pants

is this real?
also,character can be underwater before dying 3 minutes and 30 secs....
experimental server= 40 sec and drowned.
also exp server cold status show up after few minutes.

Edited by kopo79

@kopo79  Higher populated servers seem to have a slower tick rate for hunger and thirst, etc.

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

@kopo79  Higher populated servers seem to have a slower tick rate for hunger and thirst, etc.

Really? i wonder why that would be. I dont believe there are server settings, maybe the numbers cause the slowness in food, water? I never ever looked at this before, other then the spamming of food and water.

Just now, sneakydude said:

Really? i wonder why that would be. I dont believe there are server settings, maybe the numbers cause the slowness in food, water? I never ever looked at this before, other then the spamming of food and water.

It's really easy to notice casually, if you actually play the game.  It only took a couple hours of our group playing on Colony before we started discussing it and decided that low server performance was to blame.

Do you even play, bro?

Just now, emuthreat said:

It's really easy to notice casually, if you actually play the game.  It only took a couple hours of our group playing on Colony before we started discussing it and decided that low server performance was to blame.

Do you even play, bro?

Not at this time. But i think i know why i never paid attention, because i usually just spam the trees and wells. Which i need to stop, it is putting a bad taste in repeating it each time i log in.

I got burned out from testing.

From exp i went and tested on Stable, to stick behind the exp updates. Report what i could find new. Most of it was the same old bugs back in .48 i believe that stood out.

9 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Not at this time. But i think i know why i never paid attention, because i usually just spam the trees and wells. Which i need to stop, it is putting a bad taste in repeating it each time i log in.

I got burned out from testing.

From exp i went and tested on Stable, to stick behind the exp updates. Report what i could find new. Most of it was the same old bugs back in .48 i believe that stood out.

It's like night and day, how the same server performs at full 60/60 peak hours, and how the late night early morning play sessions feel.  Driving is functionally impossible at even 20 players online.
Getting stuffed from a well should last you about 45 minutes before stuffed status goes away on full servers.  With less than 10 players, I'm re hydrating every fifteen minutes if I am covering lots of ground.