Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.138458

Hello Survivors,

Today's maintenance was prolonged because of new Stable update. 

What is new today:

• Tweaks to persistence behavior of destroyed vehicles. The goal here is to prevent destroyed vehicles from blocking the spawns of new ones. 
  • Slight improvements in vehicle and throwing physics
  • Tweaks of vehicles behavior with/without wheels (sliding, driving without all wheels).
  • Wolf pelts can be tanned.
  • Tweaks to login process which should limit occurrences of player stuck on connecting screen.
  • Fixes for animals stuck in animation after dying.
  • Security update.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced.
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction).
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around.
  • Issues with door states can occur.
  • Damage being delayed.

No persistence or character wipe.

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our Feedback Tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues.

• Like 15

Woohoo, great update! Specially the tanning of wolf pelts, thank you very much!

• Like 7

Thanks for getting this out to the Stable branch. After seeing the improvements on Experimental, I'm convinced this should make a lot of vehicle lovers very happy :)

• Like 3

can you tell me (or point me to a post) how exactly to use the feedback tracker

ive been to the page a few times, and still cant figure out how to post about bugs.....or where on the page to do it

bit of a noob question, but i doubt im alone on this

Thx

• Like 2

Thanx for that!

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

What is new today:

• Wolf pelts can be tanned.

Those poor Wolfes. I think they all gonna die! For my part, I'll do my best!

Are there any plans for crafting hats from AnimalHeads? Would be awsome with wolfheads, but I probably wear GoatsHead!

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, EVIL_V3NOM said:

can you tell me (or point me to a post) how exactly to use the feedback tracker

ive been to the page a few times, and still cant figure out how to post about bugs.....or where on the page to do it

bit of a noob question, but i doubt im alone on this

Thx

Hello!

Here:

I've just killed a chicken with axe on stable and it just froze mid running animation. Also can't be skinned/interacted with. :/

Does this fix the massive lag / screen tearing when driving a car up north near tisy and novaya?

Also its not my pc or internet that lags, i got duel 1080's with a i7 skylake and a m.2 ssd. 

So glad that work is being put towards vehicles physics. Hopefully vehicle desync is also being worked on.

Awesome that we can tan wolf pelts now. It's funny, because I got a weird feeling last night and actually saved three wolf pelts when I would have otherwise tossed them.

• Like 1

I found a Barrel in Pustoshka and more Gardenlime than i need. I emptied my pockets and roamed the forrest round Myshkino where i found a pack of wolfes. After the 3rd They ran away. So i flew back to my barrel as you can see in the picture.

C094E6BDE088EFFA3FE6A45BAB75F725A601E0BD

And now i have shyny wolfleather-clothes. Kille em , eat em, wear em, or so!E3930073AF682B88399F935203A74F1102249938

I tanned the leather too quickly to try if i can make improvised-leather-courierbag like this: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Leather_Courier_Bag

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • Tweaks to login process which should limit occurrences of player stuck on connecting screen.

Sorry Baty. Can confirm this is still happening - very often :(

• Like 1

On fully populated servers, vehicle performance is so terrible that it is not really worth driving.

There is also the issue of any camp larger than 2 mil tents causing very conspicuous localized desynch; specifically, the character will make a U-turn when within about 50 meters of a stockpile.

I should check up on these updates more often.  I missed a half-dozen opportunities to tan wolf pelts because i was being miserly with my ammo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

On fully populated servers, vehicle performance is so terrible that it is not really worth driving.

There is also the issue of any camp larger than 2 mil tents causing very conspicuous localized desynch; specifically, the character will make a U-turn when within about 50 meters of a stockpile.

I should check up on these updates more often.  I missed a half-dozen opportunities to tan wolf pelts because i was being miserly with my ammo.

The driving part falls under this category:

22 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced.
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction).
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around.
  • Issues with door states can occur.
  • Damage being delayed.

Server performance isn't optimal at this moment which leads to a lot of issues.

Hello @Baty Alquawen

I have some bugs for you. 

ive seen this 3 bugs and they are criticial for the gameplay in my opinion :) 

1. FPS freeze bug happens sometimes. it happens randome places, often on fields

2. invisible bodies when u kill them is still happening.

3. sometimes when u loot a dead body, you cant take the items. to take them u need to put the stuff from the player to your hands, before u can throw them on the ground or take it for yourself.

other than that. the game is very playable for me :D 

keep up the good work ! <3

• Like 2

hmm....just noticed on facebook some comments that theres no feeling cold effet...so i went on swimming ingame...my character is hungry and completively drenched....but no cold status pop out?

EDIT:no cold effect when i was swimming and jaust staying outside...i got only that white shirt,panties and shoes.
when i took shoes off,instantly cold effect pop out.im gonna test with new character now

started with fresh character...im hungry and drenched....all my clother are wet...but no cold.
only im slowly warming up text appears...DEEEEVVVSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
took every clothes off,no cold effect.....entered the city fps goes 26 and got black face bug.
sigh.

Edited by kopo79

I appreciate your feedback Survivors.

Thank you all. You are the best.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kopo79 said:

hmm....just noticed on facebook some comments that theres no feeling cold effet...so i went on swimming ingame...my character is hungry and completively drenched....but no cold status pop out?

EDIT:no cold effect when i was swimming and jaust staying outside...i got only that white shirt,panties and shoes.
when i took shoes off,instantly cold effect pop out.im gonna test with new character now

started with fresh character...im hungry and drenched....all my clother are wet...but no cold.
only im slowly warming up text appears...DEEEEVVVSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
took every clothes off,no cold effect.....entered the city fps goes 26 and got black face bug.
sigh.

If you sprint your temperature will go up slowly. Sit still after getting drenched and witness the magic. Also, on servers which are full or have an high population you will experience a delay in your modifiers (hunger, thirst, blood, health, etc.).

okei...you were right...but progress was very slow...im playing on empty server and cold status came up after 10 minutes after swimming and been naked in the rain.
also suffered today black face bug maybe 5 times....so the servers are somehow slow?

i havent get wet for a long time in this game but last time when i got surpriced by the rain....i almost died but now i just can run quite easily with wet clothes.
did devs tweaked some attributes in this case?

tried dayz underground server....first, swimming and im drenched...15 minutes have pasted and no cold effect
20 minutes and no cold....
25 minutes went and then cold status appears...so,to die hypotermia is just impossible.
can someone other player test this or is it somehow my connection or what is it....or is this intented,if its....its bad change.

Edited by kopo79

when i get drenched by the swimming,cold effect pops out after 25 minutes of idling in bushes in wet clothes....also infected are moonwalking....you can bypass them just jogging...anyone else experience this?
if stable version is bugged....rollback....it was better version

I have not played Dayz since the .59 patch. tired of the long delays on such easy fixes 1)add wolves but not fix the grenades. Dayz dev you should b a shame of ur selves.

Kopo79 the Spring fly in, to Chernarus ... the tempratures go up ^^ .... time to search short pants

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lordapothes said:

I have not played Dayz since the .59 patch. tired of the long delays on such easy fixes 1)add wolves but not fix the grenades. Dayz dev you should b a shame of ur selves.

No dude.. you should be ashamed for being uninformed, then thinking your small narrow minded view has any right to be posted here!.. its called game development and the 101 of game development is when you add things you break things and then sometimes the things you break have a low priority for fixing.. simple as that!

Besides I know of people using grenades just fine.. what's your problem with them?

Oh.. its easier to whine about something than look into finding a solution maybe?

Take a cement pill and harden up would be my life advice for you I think!!! 

• Like 2

Hello Guys i noticed some bugs :

-i cant skin and quarter the cows and deers ( i dont have this problem in old versions)

-i dont find any fish when i go fishing ( same i dont have this problem in old versions)

- tents and barrels disapear sometimes ( offline 5 min for smoking and when i m back all disapear ( 8 barrels, 2 millitary tents and 11 normal tents ) it can't be someone ) , an other day all barrels disapear but not the tents, and yesterday all the tents....

- trucks and bus are always stuck on railroad or railroad crossing the only way for move it is to use an other vehicule for push it, same for rocks and little walls ( maybe add a tool or a command for unstuck vehicules would be interesting )

- i think i try every way possible to repair a weel with the tire repair kit ( it does not work )

- Zombies and wolves pass through the doors

- When you are sick, and eat and drink a lot the survivor throws up the sickness indicator disapear but you are still sick

- i dont know if it's normal but:

- we can't use a saline bag with IV kit on yourself ( and i dont find the way for fill and use a blood bag, i just can fill a seringe with blood but i can't use it on me ) , when you are alone and sick it's very hard to survive to the sickness

- we can't unfill Barrels with a bottle, jerican..... just fill the barrel ( only when create hole in ) when you store things in, they are wet or damp

- they have no indication for Destoyed vehicules

- we can't fill directly the tank of a vehicule in a gas station, always with a jerrican

- all water is drinkable and dont need a purification tablets

And Questions:

-Is there a blood,food and thirst gauge somewhere ? (menu, options...) i dont find it

Have a nice day

Edited by Kaiser88