Sign in to follow this  
Bororm

CLE still a mess

The CLE is still a mess.  All loot gets shoved to the other ends of the map.  You're going to be hard pressed to find a trumpet in berezino, but hit a house on the west end of elektro and you can find 5 in a single room.  When are they going to fix this shit so that the game is enjoyable.  

The CLE is a great system with huge potential but they don't use it.  At this point I'd take the way loot spawned in the mod over this bullshit of having everything shoved away from the actual traffic.  This isn't how you create incentive to travel, this is just buggy design.  Fix it please.

OP is right with that a single room can be full with ridicilously high amount of items.

But guns are meant to be rare.

Edited by yazar8

The CLE is one of the biggest toys for the Devs. They can play with us, they look at how we react to change, whether we can adapt to it and what the consequences are. Many things that look like a bug at first sight are so wanted, just to test how it affects the game behavior. You can also set the spawn rate of all automatic weapons to max 5 per server, then good luck when looking, and I already hear the owl about the evil devs.

We will see some changes of the loot system until there is a final consideration for the vanilla-version, on privatservers the CLE will also be the first thing that is mercilessly changed ......I hope only that there are limits from Dev.

• Like 2

I think its designed (even the buggy spawns like pistols everywhere in balota) to motivate players to go certain places and that creates possible interactions between players.. its a big map and if you find everything randomly in small section of it, then there's little reason to go anywhere else. They're mapping player movement and experimenting with it no doubt, but lets not forget that a lot still has to be added into the CLE so things will change. Being a fresh spawn on a high pop server isn't easy and sometimes its just luck that you find what you need quickly on your travels inland, not uncommon to reach the middle of the map with just bits and pieces on me, but once I've found a B95 and even just a handful of .308 I'm reasonably happy, and there's places I've found that will usually spawn them even if i have to search the same place twice. Usually finding a backpack (even a burlap for an improvised) is more of an issue, but i think that's become easier lately. 

• Like 1

I do agree in some way. Although, it might not be the problem of the CLE. Maybe someone just looted the houses right before you and you just missed the guy. That´s why you might find in some parts of the map no (usable) loot and in other parts you'll find a lot.

I do have to say that I hate it when I hit a town and there is a shit ton of guns, sometimes even multiple in one house.

• Like 1

As far as I've understood, they can change CLE with a few clicks..

Meaning everything we see now is literally testing, in some way. So, just you know...

Wait.

:|

Its still quite random. I've spawned in Berezino and found a gun or two almost right away and also gone to the gun houses outside of elektro and come up with nothing. Its not a problem at all as this game doesnt have mandatory shooting when youre a newspawn. Loot up first, kill bambis later.

I quite like the randomness of it tbh. Someone (Hicks? Dean?) said eventually there should be a chance of finding an M4 in a shed, and it's starting to feel a little like that, even though there's almost zero chance of finding anything else anywhere else....

Remember 0.55? If that had a been a hive wipe I would definitely have died. Desperate times. But this is a desperate game.

Edited by Mookie (original)
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I quite like the randomness of it tbh. Someone (Hicks? Dean?) said eventually there should be a chance of finding an M4 in a shed, and it's starting to feel a little like that, even though there's almost zero chance of finding anything else anywhere else....

Remember 0.55? If that had a been a hive wipe I would definitely have died. Desperate times. But this is a desperate game.

remember .48? loot explosions. Now that is the way i feel up north, and east. There is no common sequence to the way the loot is spawning. Soon we will have apples spawning in deer stands.

Either it is to test the loot system, or it simply is a problem with the CLE. I don't know anymore what to say, there is no persistence to the loot system. WIP? must be.

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

remember .48? loot explosions. Now that is the way i feel up north, and east. There is no common sequence to the way the loot is spawning. Soon we will have apples spawning in deer stands.

Either it is to test the loot system, or it simply is a problem with the CLE. I don't know anymore what to say, there is no persistence to the loot system. WIP? must be.

In principle, it seems right to me that there should not be an entirely predictable assignation of loot to locations - above and beyond commonsense points such as mil gear spawns (usually) in mil locations, car stuff in garages, agri stuff in barns, etc.

Knowing that ammo type x always spawns in building type y, or all those threads in the Steam forum that ask where Winchesters spawn, etc, seem to me to be a bit outside the 'spirit of the game' for want of a better phrase.

But yes, I'm sure it is a WIP.

1 minute ago, Mookie (original) said:

In principle, it seems right to me that there should not be an entirely predictable assignation of loot to locations - above and beyond commonsense points such as mil gear spawns (usually) in mil locations, car stuff in garages, agri stuff in barns, etc.

Knowing that ammo type x always spawns in building type y, or all those threads in the Steam forum that ask where Winchesters spawn, etc, seem to me to be a bit outside the 'spirit of the game' for want of a better phrase.

But yes, I'm sure it is a WIP.

The more random the better yeah... No reason a soldier at Titsy didn't leave an M4 in a shed as opposed to a barrack building.
5 guns in one house I find hard to believe is intended anywhere on the map, so like most things being worked on, WIP for sure :)

Now, if there were 5 guns on the floor.. 4 backpacks, a mess of blood and the door was knocked down..You might have something there.

Because if I spend a few minutes just looking at the scene, I dont care how loot spawns in. If it told a story, rather than just odd shit strewn about on the floors of places.. it might actually start to feel..

...Real-ish

• Like 1

Tuning balance in terms of CLE is probably a very low priority right now as long as the system is working right. Game balance will come in beta.

• Like 1

With the CLE the way of the players can be formed. It will always remain dynamic as long as it is in the hands of Devs. It is what creates the change and always gives new impetus and inspiration.