1 hour ago, Rick Sinz said:

can someone tell me if using an FPS booster is concidered cheating???

What is this FPS booster ?? couldnt say if it would be picked up for cheatin g without knowing what it is and thus what it actually does . Most of the ones i have seen do nothing more than shut operations in the background ( all those un needed stuff many of us have using resources in background) and if thats what it does then no . But again say what it is and then people can answer if BE will ping it for cheating ( anything that removes pbo files to make it run easier will definately get pinged for cheating)

• Like 1

its called Razer Cortex. idk if its even worth getting but i really like Dayz and would like to play it without lagging. but here is what the FaQ says............

How does Razer Cortex: Boost work?

When Boost is activated, Razer Cortex suspends processes that your PC doesn’t need to use while game. This frees up memory and CPU power which results in less laggy gameplay and improved frames per second.

Yeah you can do that yourself through task manager. Truth be told you MIGHT get 1-3 extra fps by closing processes and programs you dont need, and thats being optimistic. Realistically, you wont see any performance increase by using that program, and it will not ban you.

In my experience with the proper "squeezing" you can get most PC's to run DayZ about 5-10 frames better.

However, using 3rd party programs is not the way to do it. 

I found this place helpful in the past: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-13.html

(things like unparking your cores: if that applies for you, getting into your BIOS settings and maximizing your PC, adjusting your video card settings, adjusting dayz game settings.. these are all good places to start.)