Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[POLL] Old Chernogorsk vs New Chernogorsk

[POLL] Old Chernogorsk vs New Chernogorsk  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Chernogorsk do you prefer, the old Chernogorsk or the new Chernogorsk?

• Old Chernogorsk
    • New Chernogorsk

Which Chernogorsk do you prefer, the old Chernogorsk or the new Chernogorsk?

Feel free to leave details as to why you chose one or the other. Thanks!

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

I prefer old cherno, it was iconic.  New cherno is a sprawling mess.  

It might feel more like an actual city now, but it has none of the charm of the old cherno.  Same for most of the revamped towns.  It used to be that I could tell a friend where they were by what they saw when they spawned in.  Now every city has 50 of the same buildings and they all just blend together to be fairly generic.

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Which Cherno do you prefer, the old Cherno or the new Cherno?

Feel free to leave details as to why you chose one or the other. Thanks!

I prefer the Cherno that is to come when the game is done. LOL

• Like 1

Prefer the new one. But its a valid point about the repeating buildings. There is a limit to how big u can make a city if u use a limited set of buildings.

• Like 1

- comment removed by me as I totally goofed and misread the original question -

Edited by chambersenator

15 hours ago, chambersenator said:

I prefer the new map - and that doesn't mean I dislike the original Chernarus.

The stuff I really like about Chernarus+:

This poll is about Chernogorsk, not Chernarus.

I like the old Cherno, great memories and I was kind of used to it. But change is inevitable, I don't really mind though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

This poll is about Chernogorsk, not Chernarus.

Whoops, my bad. To make an actually relevant comment:

I prefer the new Chernogorsk, though the industrial areas on the east side of town, and the area on the northern side of the main coastal road still needs some rework and rearrangement. Right now, it feels about 85% of the way to being really good. Those areas in particular still don't 'feel right' in a way that's hard to describe.

I don't think it's a priority thing right now for them to go back and give the town a once over. To me it feels like the devs should take a look at it after all the other map stuff is done. Out of all the cities in Chernarus, I think Chernogorsk will be one of the most difficult to really make it as great as it can be, as a lot of it boils down to a lot of little changes in concert with each other, as huge chunks of the city are perfectly fine. My issue with it is how all those parts of the city work with each other so that it has both a realistic feel and offers a balanced, wide selection of ways it can be used by players. 

Another thing is, that even though it's on the coast and for the most part would not see the kind of high-end PVP in "vanilla SA," that doesn't mean it shouldn't be deemed "not worth" designing it with that kind of thing in mind. 

TL;DR: It needs work, but I like where it is going.

I like the new Cherno - it looks like a real city instead of just a bunch of buildings hastily put together like in the mod / old cherno . The only Thing I miss is the city hall building in which you could climb the drainage pipe on the side , there was loot on top and it felt so cool to be up there !!